LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

What would it cost to trade for Blackmon if...

the first 5 picks went something like this
Colts- Luck
Rams-Kalil
Vikings- Claiborne
Browns-RGIII
Bucs-RIchardson

Redskins on the clock at 6.
would you even trade up that far to get him?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We can get a good reciever at #30, val. No need to trade up. I think Blackmon is a little overrated anyways.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 24, 2012 at 7:32 AM ]
blackmon is the only WR i see worth trading a future first for so i would assume 2 first and a 2nd is what it would take from 30 to go to 6

thats a huge jump but if resign all our D players and resign snyder

i would definitally consider that trade

WR is the only major hole in the team
Blackmon is 6-1 and has an usual quickness. Would prefer to go after Floyd, he is bigger and has already played WCO. And he would be cheaper.

Seriously, trading up for WRs in ATL-Julio Jones-style is stupid, imo unless you know for sure that he will be the next Jerry Rice or sth. like that.

btw look at this

hes flat out beast at 6 1 he is a RZ target
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 24, 2012 at 7:31 AM ]
If we sign alex long term and knowing the Redskins need a QB would you trade Kaepernick and 1 st to move up to get this guy?

just throwing ideas around.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
If we sign alex long term and knowing the Redskins need a QB would you trade Kaepernick and 1 st to move up to get this guy?

Let me think about it and I'll get back to you on this......ummm YES!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Id do it in a heartbeat too but I dont like Kaepernick so I may be a little biased
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
blackmon is the only WR i see worth trading a future first for so i would assume 2 first and a 2nd is what it would take from 30 to go to 6

And if Blackmon gets injured or is another can't miss WR who misses, you gave up 3 quality players for one........

I would rather trade the low 1st and pick up a high second and third, then maybe trade a 3rd and 4th for a second. 3 second round picks. A tall WR posession, a Speedy returner and BPA

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Id do it in a heartbeat too but I dont like Kaepernick so I may be a little biased

I guess I'm biased too then, of course I could be wrong about him and there's a good chance he might develop under Harbaugh. But I'm just basing my judgment from what I've seen of him in college.

But shoot, I don't think we have to trade up that far to get a solid WR in Blackmon, why not just trade up for Floyd.
No thank you, I don't want to be the 2011 Atlanta Falcons.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

And if Blackmon gets injured or is another can't miss WR who misses, you gave up 3 quality players for one........

I would rather trade the low 1st and pick up a high second and third, then maybe trade a 3rd and 4th for a second. 3 second round picks. A tall WR posession, a Speedy returner and BPA

blackmon has a much less chance of busting then those 3 quality players

if you look at history o fnfl they are very few top 10 WR talents that bust
Originally posted by dhp318:
No thank you, I don't want to be the 2011 Atlanta Falcons.

LOL, we dont have Matt Ryan as our QB so you dont have to worry about that

I guess I'm biased too then, of course I could be wrong about him and there's a good chance he might develop under Harbaugh. But I'm just basing my judgment from what I've seen of him in college.

But shoot, I don't think we have to trade up that far to get a solid WR in Blackmon, why not just trade up for Floyd.

I just want WRs, I just think Blackmon happens to be the best in this draft. Who knows we might even take care of this need via FA but we definitely need the position upgraded going into next year
Share 49ersWebzone