There are 512 users in the forums
Kiper's new 2011 49ers draft grade
- 1 2
Jan 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM
- Ninerbowl6
- Veteran
- Posts: 800
Don't forget Bruce Miller Mel. An OLB switching to FB and playing a key role = A+
Jan 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM
- okdkid
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,726
I know conventional wisdom says to wait three years to judge a draft. But I'd say snagging two probowl players (Smith and Miller) garners a legit A+ grade after year one.
Jan 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM
- Fasteddy
- Veteran
- Posts: 704
Thanks for posting! I was just about to create a similar post.
It's good to see Mel re-evaluate his initial impressions.
It's good to see Mel re-evaluate his initial impressions.
Jan 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM
- LasVegasWally
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,886
Thanks for the post.
Nice to see Mel acknowledge what has been acomplished.
Nice to see Mel acknowledge what has been acomplished.
Jan 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM
- Ninefan56
- Member
- Posts: 5,106
Thanks for getting this on the board. I saw it but could not read it. Baalke did it again.
Jan 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,287
somebody needs to ask Mayock what he thinks b/c he wasn't as nice as Mel was. He killed the Culliver pick. Just wait til next after Aldon gets a full off season of work.
Jan 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,104
I always liked Mel, he may not be popular by all, but I just like him. And his hair is a plus,
Jan 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM
- lamontb
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,287
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I always liked Mel, he may not be popular by all, but I just like him. And his hair is a plus,
i get the feeling he spends all his off time in strip clubs
Jan 11, 2012 at 1:44 PM
- RedWaltz24
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,121
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I always liked Mel, he may not be popular by all, but I just like him. And his hair is a plus,
I like Mel also and I even like McShay. I just like listening to guys who speak well on a subject they are genuinely passionate about. They aren't perfect in every thing they say, but you can tell they love what they do.
Jan 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,104
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I always liked Mel, he may not be popular by all, but I just like him. And his hair is a plus,
I like Mel also and I even like McShay. I just like listening to guys who speak well on a subject they are genuinely passionate about. They aren't perfect in every thing they say, but you can tell they love what they do.
exactly, he loves his job and i respect that, and like him. I like when Mel gets on McShay. Like McShay said RG3 was a WR or RB in NFL like 3 months ago, and now he is 6th on his big board, and as a QB.
Jan 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,815
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:Thanks for the post.
Nice to see Mel acknowledge what has been acomplished.
This
Jan 14, 2012 at 11:21 AM
- LifelongNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,760
Originally posted by lamontb:
somebody needs to ask Mayock what he thinks b/c he wasn't as nice as Mel was. He killed the Culliver pick. Just wait til next after Aldon gets a full off season of work.
I remember the 1st words out of his mouth. Something along the lines of, 3 years ago, he was at his senior prom. Well it's been 4 years since his prom. How does he look now?
Jan 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM
- ninergold
- Veteran
- Posts: 846
The only one that didn't pan out was Ronald Johnson. CK, Person and Kilgore didn't contribute but all made the team. This draft had a potential start (Smith), a starter (Miller) and another potential starter or two (Culliver, Kilgore), plus some solid contributors (Hunter and Jones). This can't be anything but an A grade, even if CK doesn't pan out.
Jan 15, 2012 at 12:56 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,104
Originally posted by ninergold:
The only one that didn't pan out was Ronald Johnson. CK, Person and Kilgore didn't contribute but all made the team. This draft had a potential start (Smith), a starter (Miller) and another potential starter or two (Culliver, Kilgore), plus some solid contributors (Hunter and Jones). This can't be anything but an A grade, even if CK doesn't pan out.
agreed. We got 5 contributors. Aldon was the best of them, with 14 sacks, Hunter had nearly 500 yards rushing I believe, Culliver did well as a 3rd CB, Miller was a great pick, he helped Gore in blocking. And Jones is a STs beast, always down the field making the tackles.
- 1 2