LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Kiper's new 2011 49ers draft grade

Maybe we can trade Kaepernick for a high round draft pick in a couple of years?
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Maybe we can trade Kaepernick for a high round draft pick in a couple of years?

maybe but ive been high on Kap since i saw him beat the whole Boise State team by himself. I still think he is a star in the making. I believe Alex Smith's success will allow Kap to sit back for awhile and fully understand the system and the league.i dont c him starting next year or even the year after that but I wouldnt rule him out of our QB competition. Remember Harbaugh loves competition in every position and i think part of Alex's success is the fact that he has a kid with tremendous talent behind him looking to take his job instead of someone like david carr .

I see another Montana-Young controversary
Kiper is a doosh. How can he leave Bruce Miller off the list, unless this was done early in the season.
this is one of the better draft classes that the 49ers had in a long, long time. This and 2007 FTW
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
this is one of the better draft classes that the 49ers had in a long, long time. This and 2007 FTW

Bill Walsh approves of this message
It's either A or A+. It was really a good draft. When you add Bruce Miller the FB who he didn't mention.
Great draft. Going to be hard to match this one.
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Don't forget Bruce Miller Mel. An OLB switching to FB and playing a key role = A+

Not to mentions a stud ST ace in Colin Jones...

The Niners knew they had to get some help at these positions in the draft...

Pass-rusher......check (double check actually)
QB......................check
CB......................check
RB......................check
FB......................check (double check...Pro Bowl)
OL depth............check
ST.......................check
WR depth...........doh! (oh well....can't expect perfection)

Realistically, 5-6 of the guys picked could be starting at some point in the next couple of years. Yes, I would say that is a pretty good draft.

Let's do it again and then we'll really have something to talk about...

Cheers!
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Kiper is a doosh. How can he leave Bruce Miller off the list, unless this was done early in the season.

I believe you mean "douche"......but its cool.

Cheers!
Share 49ersWebzone