There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

1st interview I have seen of Hill, very good head on his shoulders, hope he is wearing a red and gold hat on draft night.
After studying all of Stephen Hill's film, NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock is "less concerned" about the Georgia Tech wide receiver's drops and route running.

"He's a hands snatcher," said Mayock. "He had five or six drops [at Georgia Tech] ... but when you watch him catch the football, it's so natural." For a bigger receiver, Mayock determined that Hill was "really good" getting in and out of his breaks at the Yellow Jacket's Pro Day. Mayock suspects Hill will be a late first-round pick, and an "early two" in a "worst case" scenario.

rotoworld.com
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
After studying all of Stephen Hill's film, NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock is "less concerned" about the Georgia Tech wide receiver's drops and route running.

"He's a hands snatcher," said Mayock. "He had five or six drops [at Georgia Tech] ... but when you watch him catch the football, it's so natural." For a bigger receiver, Mayock determined that Hill was "really good" getting in and out of his breaks at the Yellow Jacket's Pro Day. Mayock suspects Hill will be a late first-round pick, and an "early two" in a "worst case" scenario.

rotoworld.com

I think a team will get enamored with his potential and take him in the Top 20. I see San Diego (likely losing V-Jax) and Chicago (No Receivers) as serious suitors.
I think Hill's workout today pretty much cements a draft selection in the top 25-26 picks. Way too much height, speed, length, and athleticism numbers to overlook, even with very limited productivity. Don't think he is an option for the team anymore, as he appeared to look sharp in drills.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 6, 2012 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think a team will get enamored with his potential and take him in the Top 20. I see San Diego (likely losing V-Jax) and Chicago (No Receivers) as serious suitors.

even if Vjax leaves i dont see the chargers picking a WR

they have the worst pass rush in nfl they desperatly need to fill a need there
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Not really impressed by his routes on the few that I saw there. Very rounded. Which in a way is good...means he can get better.

You do realize the few routes you saw in the video were ones were someone was directing him which way to make the cut right? It's to show quickness and decisiveness in his cuts and he did that........and still caught all his passes.

There was a reason I qualified it.

rotoworld.com

9ers have shown they will move up for a player... We will have to see how other WRs do in thier pro days.

Do you see Hill getting picked over Wright or Floyd?
not at his pro day lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think Hill's workout today pretty much cements a draft selection in the top 25-26 picks. Way too much height, speed, length, and athleticism numbers to overlook, even with very limited productivity. Don't think he is an option for the team anymore, as he appeared to look sharp in drills.

Yah, I was pretty much afraid of that.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

rotoworld.com

9ers have shown they will move up for a player... We will have to see how other WRs do in thier pro days.

Do you see Hill getting picked over Wright or Floyd?

Definitely over Wright, and perhaps even over Floyd if some teams views him as worth it because of the perceived higher ceiling. Hill is taller and faster than Floyd, but CLEARLY nowhere near as polished. As long as Floyd stays out of trouble, he will most likely be the bigger contributor early. Hill will need time.

But as I said in my Big Board thread, after Hill's pro day workout, I think he cracks the top 20, and I see no way we make that kind of move up.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM ]
still have a feeling that he will fall to the 2nd

every year we all overestimate one main guy and I think he's it this year
Originally posted by jreff22:

then there will be a wtf pick
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

always is
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

always is

i still get a laugh when the seahawks drafted james carpenter and nick saban had that wtf look and said james?

He only had a few hundred less yards than Demaryius Thomas did his last year at GT. But Thomas' measurables were 6-3 224 4.52. Hill has him there at 6-4 215 4.36.