There are 202 users in the forums

Alshon Jeffrery, WR, South Carolina

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
this guy has bigger man-titties than i do. NEXT

means nothing without pictures
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think his size mismatch helped him out against Dennard. Dennard is probably going to measure in below 5-10, while Jeffery is going to weigh in close to 6-4. He's got about 6-7 inches of height and 25 pounds on Dennard. I'm not super shocked he did well.

I worry about Alshon. He averaged only about 58 yards per game this season, which included three separate disappearing acts for three straight weeks against SEC teams for 17, 19, and 17 yard efforts against Tennesee, Arkansas, and Florida, respectively. Also, only 2 catches for 34 yards against Vanderbilt and CB Casey Hayward. Last year was terrific statistically. What happened in 2011?

bad case of the munchies

sc had their original starting qb stephen garcia kicked out after like 50 times of getting in trouble and replaced with a run 1st qb. add to the fact the top if not the 2nd best rb in the sec behind richardson in marcus lattimore tore his knee and missed the whole yr so defenses just had to focus on jeffrey. still i dont want jeffey due to his possible weight issues and will take my chances with a streeter, hill or quick if im looking for a tall wr
lets wait until the combine. we'll see how he looks at his weigh in. that'll help determine if he has any work ethic and discipline at all.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
AJ can do more than just catch balls in the redzone. The guy has dominated some of the best defenses in the collegeg ame his entire career. That was evident by what he did to Nebraska matched up against a 1st round projected CB. He's exactly the type of WR we need in this offense.

I think his size mismatch helped him out against Dennard. Dennard is probably going to measure in below 5-10, while Jeffery is going to weigh in close to 6-4. He's got about 6-7 inches of height and 25 pounds on Dennard. I'm not super shocked he did well.

I worry about Alshon. He averaged only about 58 yards per game this season, which included three separate disappearing acts for three straight weeks against SEC teams for 17, 19, and 17 yard efforts against Tennesee, Arkansas, and Florida, respectively. Also, only 2 catches for 34 yards against Vanderbilt and CB Casey Hayward. Last year was terrific statistically. What happened in 2011?

Rewatch the games dude. Jeffery was dealing with alot of issues with his QB, health and his other receivers werent that much of a compliment to him or the run game. Which could also be the QB and ol fun n gun dicking up the offense. You put Jeffery on the field with our other weapons and a year with our trainer, coaching and offense this kid will be a stud. Its all moot now tho cause this kid wont be around where this team is picking anyway.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
AJ can do more than just catch balls in the redzone. The guy has dominated some of the best defenses in the collegeg ame his entire career. That was evident by what he did to Nebraska matched up against a 1st round projected CB. He's exactly the type of WR we need in this offense.

Rewatch the games dude. Jeffery was dealing with alot of issues with his QB, health and his other receivers werent that much of a compliment to him or the run game. Which could also be the QB and ol fun n gun dicking up the offense. You put Jeffery on the field with our other weapons and a year with our trainer, coaching and offense this kid will be a stud. Its all moot now tho cause this kid wont be around where this team is picking anyway.

Everyone needs to resign themselves to the idea that if we want Floyd or Jeffery we will be trading up for them. Even if Jeffery runs a low 4.5 he is still a top 20 pick and Floyd's athleticism will easily keep him in front of Jeffery on nearly every teams' board.
If he shows up to the combine in great shape and runs under 4.6, then he is the guy I want. I've really warmed to the idea of having him opposite Crabtree.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Everyone needs to resign themselves to the idea that if we want Floyd or Jeffery we will be trading up for them. Even if Jeffery runs a low 4.5 he is still a top 20 pick and Floyd's athleticism will easily keep him in front of Jeffery on nearly every teams' board.

I don't agree. Many believe Alshon will not get picked until the second round. Think about Sidney Rice, another SC product who had over 1400 yards and 14 TDs as a senior. He was picked 44th overall.

It is a large debate who is the 4th or 5th best receiver in this draft. Some say it's Sanu, some say Jeffery, some say Randle. Not saying Jeffery can't go early, but this "top 20 lock" thing I cannot get behind. He is anything but a lock at this point for even going in the 1st round to begin with.

Now as for my opinion on his talent? I'm not a huge fan, but as I've said before, if we take him I trust this staff and will believe that he can be successful here. He has great hands, so at the very least, he upgrades the WRs in the hands department.
Im with OTC, I'd rather take a Center, Guard or CB in the first and focus on bringing in at least 1 WR in round 2. For me I'd be happy with, Mavin McNutt, Dwight jones, Stephen Hill, Tommy Streeter and maybe if ginn or morgan leaves taking a second wr. Eric Page would be another shifty receiver that we could add in the middle rounds. Combination of DJones and Page or Hill would perfect for me.

Casey Hayward is that good. His stock will rise. We need to draft that guy.
Our draft strategy will be hinge upon a player picked last year, Daniel Kilgore. I believe Kilgore when drafted last year was earmarked as a future starter, if that plays out in the offseason and he is able to take over at RG, I hope we take the luxury pick and go Wide Out.

Trading up is not necessarily an issue as we have traded up before (Kapernick, Anthony Davis), and the right receiver(s) could transform this offense into a powerful unit. 1st rounders on the offensive side are leading the charge right now (Smith, Davis, still waiting on Crab), but they need more horses, hopefully this draft places a priority on getting a few more elite talents to take our offense to the next level.

• sfout
  • Veteran
I don't agree. Many believe Alshon will not get picked until the second round. Think about Sidney Rice, another SC product who had over 1400 yards and 14 TDs as a senior. He was picked 44th overall.

It is a large debate who is the 4th or 5th best receiver in this draft. Some say it's Sanu, some say Jeffery, some say Randle. Not saying Jeffery can't go early, but this "top 20 lock" thing I cannot get behind. He is anything but a lock at this point for even going in the 1st round to begin with.

Now as for my opinion on his talent? I'm not a huge fan, but as I've said before, if we take him I trust this staff and will believe that he can be successful here. He has great hands, so at the very least, he upgrades the WRs in the hands department.

Very true point and I'm eating my words. Interestingly enough the NFL.com draft kickoff has 3 of them picking Jeffery going to us and 2 others picking Sanu.
Mel Kipers first mock has us taking Jeffrey
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7467078/mel-kiper-first-mock-draft-year

The 49ers got much better production out of the offense this season, but I still see a need for a big target on the outside, something Braylon Edwards wasn't able to provide. Jeffery is an absolute beast, a guy who plays at more than 230 pounds and easily could top 6-foot-4 when he measures out. He goes up over corners and attacks the ball, catching it away from his body like a rebounder. The Niners struggled mightily in the red zone all season, and Jeffery might not be a burner but is the kind of player you can post up in the end zone to help solve that problem.
Bust
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Bust

yes his tits r busty
i think he'll be great on our team, not sure if he'll fall that low though
Share 49ersWebzone