There are 167 users in the forums

Alshon Jeffrery, WR, South Carolina

Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Bet he runs in the 4.4s maybe faster. This kid is alot faster than you think. Plus there isnt a WR who can out jump or has better hands than him. Plus he loves to block. He was USCs total offense before Lattimore whos insanely talented made any noise.

no way

he will run 4.5-4.62 ish

still i would trade up to get him
4.5 4.6 id still trade alot to get this kid. I say 4.4 because his mid n top end speed is second to Blackmon only. Then you take into top prospects like him will train the 40 yd dash and improve the times. He could shock alot of people like Megatron did and run a 4.3. Its posssible with him huge with lots of muscle and there isnt a single prospect with his hands, jumps or body control. Plus his blocking only needs tweaking but he punishes people. Come draft season his name will be up there in the top 10 prospects. Definately a true real #1 WR for any team.
4.5 4.6 id still trade alot to get this kid. I say 4.4 because his mid n top end speed is second to Blackmon only. Then you take into top prospects like him will train the 40 yd dash and improve the times. He could shock alot of people like Megatron did and run a 4.3. Its posssible with him huge with lots of muscle and there isnt a single prospect with his hands, jumps or body control. Plus his blocking only needs tweaking but he punishes people. Come draft season his name will be up there in the top 10 prospects. Definately a true real #1 WR for any team.
yup i really hope baalke and harbauh trade up for him

i know they arent afraid to trade up for theyre guy
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
yup i really hope baalke and harbauh trade up for him

i know they arent afraid to trade up for theyre guy

Same but I highly doubt we even has a chance at Jeffery. Scouts see what he did with the crap he was dealt with at QB and we wont stand a chance at getting him. The #s he put up with multiple QBs year in n out in the SEC im thinking no chance in hell. We will be in a nice spot spot for a top center tho. We desperately need a top player there. Jeffery is just a pipe dream like Blackmon.

Look, man, I like Alshon a lot, but you're being delusional about his speed. Megatron could always fly at every point of his college career, and Alshon has never had top end speed. Alshon runs great routes, pushes off like TO in his prime, and has great body coordination/hands. He doesn't come close to having top end speed, though.

That said, I would love to see him on SF for his redzone action alone. Not sure if he'll ever be a dominant #1 in the NFL because of his lack of speed, but he would still be a great addition to the Niners given the fact that we already have some speedy slot guys and Vernon. If Alshon is there in the first when we pick, I'd give him some very serious consideration. His 40 time will probably dictate whether that happens or not.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:

Look, man, I like Alshon a lot, but you're being delusional about his speed. Megatron could always fly at every point of his college career, and Alshon has never had top end speed. Alshon runs great routes, pushes off like TO in his prime, and has great body coordination/hands. He doesn't come close to having top end speed, though.

That said, I would love to see him on SF for his redzone action alone. Not sure if he'll ever be a dominant #1 in the NFL because of his lack of speed, but he would still be a great addition to the Niners given the fact that we already have some speedy slot guys and Vernon. If Alshon is there in the first when we pick, I'd give him some very serious consideration. His 40 time will probably dictate whether that happens or not.

Nothing delusional about his speed. Having watched him as much as possible living in USC Gamecock country I know hes damn fast. Same goes for CJ you honestly think CJ didnt have questions about his speed before he ran? If Jeffery didnt have to slow up for deep throws he would never be touched. Its also a very rare sighting to him caught from behind. Or if you wanna bring up his speed this year playing hurt all year with another season of 2 QBs who sucked. Go ahead its not surprising you or anyone question him not getting much seperation or his speed. Just take into account he was gimpy all year even played with a broke hand. Its a big reason why this is the only year he had issues getting seperation well that and the other receivers for USC suck complete balls. Watch his highlights or talk to another guy who watched Gamecock football and call Jeffery slow. His burst isnt elite but for a 6ft4 240 WR its pretty damn good.

Im saving my delusions for Lattimore as he imho the best damn RB I have ever seen. Hes gonna be and surpass Barry Sanders when he gets into the NFL.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
This isn't going to cause Jeffery to fall any, it's not like he went to a basketball player/drug dealers dorm room and robbed him of his drugs at gunpoint.

If he drops it'll be because of a slow 40 time and concer about his weight.

yup, he's not a yoked 230

ya no kidding. I'd still be interested in drafting him, just not in the first.

Dude on the far left is a WR?
wow i do not want jeffrey if hes gonna look like a freaking fat ass, the freshman de clowney looks more like a tall wr than jeffrey. this reminds me of mike williams part 2, i'll take any other wr other than jeffrey

Never seen Alshon look like that, also Clouney wears no 7 so he's not in the picture. 98 is Devon Taylor I think 21 is lattimore and 6 is Engram
[ Edited by Shorteous on Jan 5, 2012 at 6:34 PM ]
Same but I highly doubt we even has a chance at Jeffery. Scouts see what he did with the crap he was dealt with at QB and we wont stand a chance at getting him. The #s he put up with multiple QBs year in n out in the SEC im thinking no chance in hell. We will be in a nice spot spot for a top center tho. We desperately need a top player there. Jeffery is just a pipe dream like Blackmon.

Ya passing offense was horrid this year but finally started coming around as Shaw got more comfortable at the end. Alshon put up better numbers then I thought just going off of how bad the passing part of the offense was and it wasn't the WR fault in my opinion.

Here is fat Alshon on the pre-season cover of SI's College Football Mag. this season.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126

heres one from 2011

Originally posted by valrod33:
this pic is from the other day when he played in the bowl game

both are from this year

doesnt look fat in either of them

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Here is fat Alshon on the pre-season cover of SI's College Football Mag. this season.

I'd have to see pics from the rest of his offseasons but maybe he just doesn't work out when the seasons over and then he busts his a** when it's time to work. Obviously that won't work in the NFL but he looked cut during the bowl game.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
This isn't going to cause Jeffery to fall any, it's not like he went to a basketball player/drug dealers dorm room and robbed him of his drugs at gunpoint.

If he drops it'll be because of a slow 40 time and concer about his weight.

yup, he's not a yoked 230

wow i do not want jeffrey if hes gonna look like a freaking fat ass, the freshman de clowney looks more like a tall wr than jeffrey. this reminds me of mike williams part 2, i'll take any other wr other than jeffrey

Never seen Alshon look like that, also Clouney wears no 7 so he's not in the picture. 98 is Devon Taylor I think 21 is lattimore and 6 is Engram

i know thats not clowney, i was just saying because i have no clue who 98 is
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

I'd have to see pics from the rest of his offseasons but maybe he just doesn't work out when the seasons over and then he busts his a** when it's time to work. Obviously that won't work in the NFL but he looked cut during the bowl game.
So you'd take a questionable work ethic who relies solely on his talents to get by? I wouldn't. Everyone in the NFL is talented. The great ones are the ones that work hard always.

FWIW, I'm one of the few that's in the "Don't Draft a 1st Rd.WR" bandwagon. Good to Great WRs can be had at any round in the draft and as UDFAs.

ewww me no want no chubbs mcfatty in this team.
Originally posted by Shorteous:

Ya passing offense was horrid this year but finally started coming around as Shaw got more comfortable at the end. Alshon put up better numbers then I thought just going off of how bad the passing part of the offense was and it wasn't the WR fault in my opinion.

Yeah not much they could do Garcia was only slightly better than Smelly even then his deep ball n accuracy sucked. Then Lattimore was just insane so ol fun n gun had to rework n push aside another OC. Shaws alright but USCs OL is ass and they have no decent TEs too. Carolina might be in some trouble next year if they cant just develop 1 damn QB and get a te and some OL help. IT cant be all Lattimore but wit that kids talent who knows. Fun n Gun might just go ground n pound with that phenom.

You take the top 5 WRs coming this year n last and put then on USC Gamecocks not 1 will have Jefferys numbers. Well maybe Blackmon but for me thats a big maybe. Well maybe not that big Blackmon is a fking freak id trade the same amount of picks for him as I would Jeffery.
Share 49ersWebzone