LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 223 users in the forums

Need at WR - who are you drafting?

Need at WR - who are you drafting?

It's not like they have much behind Fitz. But in general, you are right...
Sanuu, if free agent not picked up!!!!
First things first... I want us to sign FA Robert Meachem.

To add to our receiving corps, my top interests are in: (assume Blackmon, Jeffery, Sanu, and Floyd are unavailable)

Really like the idea of waiting till round 2 to snag our WR.

Tommy Streeter (Miami)
Jeff Fuller (Texas A&M)
Dwight Jones (N. Carolina)
Reuben Randle (LSU)
Marvin McNutt (Iowa)

For our late 1st round, I'm looking at OL, CB, and rush LB.

If we surprise by deciding to slide Anthony Davis into RG and inject Alex Boone at RT? I'd like us to look at Mike Adams from OSU here. He has the skills to be our new swing-tackle and could supplant Staley if he regresses. I place great importance on OL. Others I like here are Virginia's Chase Minnifield, SC's Melvin Ingram, Illinois' Whitney Mercilus, FSU's Brandon Jenkins, and USC's Nick Perry.
jeff fuller was a beast at the bowl game

he was injured most of the season hence a disspintment

but at 6 6and he runs great routes he can be a force

only problem is his lapses in concentration but he reminds me a lot of burress and his style is similar to colston

(just doesnt play as consistant as those 2 -not yet at least)
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
HOLY CRAP ALSHON JEFFERY IS ANYONE WATCHING THIS GAME? WHAT A MONSTER. DRAFT HIM PLZ!!
Originally posted by ImaMod:
HOLY CRAP ALSHON JEFFERY IS ANYONE WATCHING THIS GAME? WHAT A MONSTER. DRAFT HIM PLZ!!

ive been saying this for a long time

combine numbers will be interesting for him
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

He just straight up caught a hail mary over 4 guys in the endzone. I want this guy

He just straight up caught a hail mary over 4 guys in the endzone. I want this guy

speed and weight are going to determine his draft stock
1. Kendall Wright
2. Michael Floyd

After that I really don't care which receiver it is, just please draft one early on.

• Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
obviously, ideally we would get one who's both, but for the sake of discussing this: which one would you take?

Feel free to disagree, but this team is badly in need of a tall rangy WR that can be a threat on the other side of the field opposite to Crabtree - so drafting a player like Jeffery, Jones, Floyd would seem to solve this issue

However we may also be in position to snatch a playmaker like Wright, or Sanu if he were to declare (chances are he won't, but for the sake of discussing this let's pretend he would declare)

which one would you take?

I do not disagree. We need some serious height in the red zone. I don't even care if he is that fast. I just want someone who can win in the air.
Originally posted by Envy:
I do not disagree. We need some serious height in the red zone. I don't even care if he is that fast. I just want someone who can win in the air.
Thats why I wanted DeAndre Brown(?) from Southern Miss last draft.

Speed CAN kill, Size does kill. That's why I DONT want a small speedster in the first two rounds at all. Acc to walterfootball there is a 6-1 guy with sub-4.50 speed at Illinois, AJ Jenkins.
NFL Secondaries are fast enough usually but especially the CBs are relatively small.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:

Speed CAN kill, Size does kill. That's why I DONT want a small speedster in the first two rounds at all. Acc to walterfootball there is a 6-1 guy with sub-4.50 speed at Illinois, AJ Jenkins.
NFL Secondaries are fast enough usually but especially the CBs are relatively small.

Thats true, thats why I dont understand why Mike Wallace who is 6 feet and ran a 4.3 fell to the 3rd round
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Envy:

who's currently a FA ....
Originally posted by jreff22:

speed and weight are going to determine his draft stock

this! the last thing i want on my team is a freaking mike williams, a fat, lazy, and slow slob who doesnt care. remember mike williams dominated in college too, hes a beast and would be perfect for the wco but those things worry me
Share 49ersWebzone