LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Coby Fleener - TE Stanford

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/02/q-should-the-49ers-consider-fleener-a.html
He kind of looks like the "Night Slasher" from that Cobra movie (Stallone Movie). I wish I knew how to posts pics...
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
He kind of looks like the "Night Slasher" from that Cobra movie (Stallone Movie). I wish I knew how to posts pics...

Doesn't he play Shao Khan from the Mortal Kombat movie?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0859921/
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0859921/

Oh ok, i knew it was him.
damn, he has some nice hair
Isn't TE kind of the least of our worries??

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Isn't TE kind of the least of our worries??

Yes, but red-zone scoring and third down are among the top of that list, adding a monster receiver like Fleener clears that concern up pretty well.

Do you not think that having a 6'6" guy with great route-running and good hands, tremendous agility and leaping wouldn't help Alex out? Not to mention that Fleener comes from a pro-style offense.......namely Harbaugh's, so he's familiar with the system, he's played WR and TE, and at 6'6" 250 is expected to run the 40 between 4.5 and 4.6.

Plus Harbaugh LOVES his TE's, and Fleener is a guy that he recruited. He's also a guy that can go after some of the errant high passes that Alex makes and turn them into actual completion's and touchdown's. Having Fleener on the field at the same time as VD basically puts an end to anyone double-teaming VD, ever.

I see Fleener as a much more of a sure thing than any receiver available at 30. He can come in, is already familiar with the offense, will be ready to contribute from Game 1. He's also highly intelligent, a leader and the kind of guy that Harbaugh loves to go around. There's literally like 100 reasons why he would be a good draft pick for them, however the decision is going to up to Harbaugh and Baalke, whichever way they go, I'm sure it will be a good choice.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 16, 2012 at 2:09 PM ]
Yes, but red-zone scoring and third down are among the top of that list, adding a monster receiver like Fleener clears that concern up pretty well.

Do you not think that having a 6'6" guy with great route-running and good hands, tremendous agility and leaping wouldn't help Alex out? Not to mention that Fleener comes from a pro-style offense.......namely Harbaugh's, so he's familiar with the system, he's played WR and TE, and at 6'6" 250 is expected to run the 40 between 4.5 and 4.6.

Plus Harbaugh LOVES his TE's, and Fleener is a guy that he recruited. He's also a guy that can go after some of the errant high passes that Alex makes and turn them into actual completion's and touchdown's. Having Fleener on the field at the same time as VD basically puts an end to anyone double-teaming VD, ever.

I see Fleener as a much more of a sure thing than any receiver available at 30. He can come in, is already familiar with the offense, will be ready to contribute from Game 1. He's also highly intelligent, a leader and the kind of guy that Harbaugh loves to go around. There's literally like 100 reasons why he would be a good draft pick for them, however the decision is going to up to Harbaugh and Baalke, whichever way they go, I'm sure it will be a good choice.

We've gone back and forth about Fleener, but I've turned the corner and now am on the bandwagon. If we can draft Fleener, resign Morgan, and possibly draft Stephen Hill...I'm all for that.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
We've gone back and forth about Fleener, but I've turned the corner and now am on the bandwagon. If we can draft Fleener, resign Morgan, and possibly draft Stephen Hill...I'm all for that.

You're only on the bandwagon because you like his shiny hair, admit it!
Originally posted by SF69ers:

You're only on the bandwagon because you like his shiny hair, admit it!

That and I liked the movie "Cobra"
Originally posted by valrod33:

Dang. Good Job! That's the picture I was thinking of. I was picturing him walking around that warehouse at the end of the movie with that crazy knife he had. Everyime time he called Stallone a "Pig", tons of spit would come flying from his mouth.
Share 49ersWebzone