LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 171 users in the forums

Coby Fleener - TE Stanford

Why not! I know we have justin peelle (who?) as a 3rd TE this year but the niners need a long term 3rd TE solution.
This kid is 6'6", 245 lbs, great hands, good athleticism, good speed, good blocker, one of harbaughs boy at stanford.

With Fleener, the jumbo package could be so deadly with 3 TE's that can catch the ball, stretch the field, and block.
He's one of the top rated TE's in the draft and could possibly be the first TE taken, probably in the 2nd or 3rd round.

This guy is just awesome.
[ Edited by schmons on Nov 23, 2011 at 11:26 PM ]
meh give me Levine Toilolo

jk
Why do we need a long term tight end solution? Don't we have our 3rd te on I/R?
I kind of like that big TE who is 6'8" that they throw to in the endzone. But I like Fleener of course too as the more complete overall TE. But we don't need a TE. We have VD one of the best TE's in the game. Maybe we can resign Delanie Walker to give us a very good #2. Maybe not. Anyway I don't think TE is our biggest problem.
holy hell, i forgot about nate byham! anyways fleener would be better than byham
No thanks, no need to waste a high pick on a position we don't need.
hell no, he sucks. Maybe in the 7th round.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
No thanks, no need to waste a high pick on a position we don't need.

We do need it if we lose Delanie Walker in FA...
If Harbaugh and Baalke would draft him I would be all for it
I have no idea what round he's projected to go in, but as long as is day 3 I'd pick him up, even with VD and DW remember Harbaugh loves his TE and so does Alex

I would actually rather get Levine Toilolo.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I have no idea what round he's projected to go in, but as long as is day 3 I'd pick him up, even with VD and DW remember Harbaugh loves his TE and so does Alex

lmao, fleener is probably the best TE in the draft this year, he will not be on the board in day 3. Scratch that The Almighty Kiper has him ranked 5th right now(sarcasm for those who suck at inferring), but seriously there is no way we take a TE this year unless we actually do lose Walker in free agency.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I would actually rather get Levine Toilolo.

I don't think he's eligible
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Didn't this guy drop a lot of passes for Luck the past couple of games?? Anyways, I'd rather just promote Konrad Reuland, he showed pretty good hands in the Preseason, hope he gets his shot.
I see him getting selected in the 2nd or 3rd at the latest. We have way more pressing needs.
Share 49ersWebzone