LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Coby Fleener - TE Stanford

i want fleener but i want a game breaking wr more
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by smithc28:
Yup, Sanu in the 1st then Fleener in the 2nd would really boost our options for Alex. In doing that though I feel we would definitely need to resign Brooks and pick up a CB in FA.

I dont think he makes put of the 1st, especially with all the success TEs had this year

Agreed, both Fleener and Allen will be taken before the 40th pick. The guy who could still be on the board at the 60th pick Orson Charles, TE from Georgia.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
We need a big receiver, it doesn't matter if he's a TE or WR.

I like Sanu (he's 6 2), and I like Brian Quick (6 5).........if harbaugh really like Fleener than I say get em. Maybe we get a combo of both Quick and Fleener, Sanu and Fleener. We know about missing out on Doug Baldwin last year, I'm sure that burns harbaugh.

And yes, in the playoffs and regular season Vernon was at WR a lot so we can get production from even 3 TE's We need a TE with size or receiver with size or two guys with size. Look how the Patriots used Gronk last year. We need that.

Favorite WRs are Sanu, Hill, Quick, and Streeter. Sanu is all purpose, Hill is a deep threat could develop into a similar skill set as Calvin Johnson(not as good but you get the point), I've constantly said that Quick looks like a clone of Marques Colston, and Streeter with that 4.3/4.4 speed with the hops, that would put our passing attack at a whole new level.

TEs Fleener, Orson Charles, Evan Rodriguez, LaDarius Green and George Bryan all bring something to the table but in terms of versatility I'd pick Fleener or Green every time. Green has the speed and body control to basically play WR and Fleener is an athletic monster when he on the outside.

Edit: sorry for double post. I read page 16 after I replied to the 17th o:
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM ]
Originally posted by smithc28:
Yup, Sanu in the 1st then Fleener in the 2nd would really boost our options for Alex. In doing that though I feel we would definitely need to resign Brooks and pick up a CB in FA.

Yeah....that's not going to happen. Fleener will be gone in the first 40 picks easy. Teams saw what Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham did this year, you think they don't want one of their own? Especially if out of all those guys he's the most polished prospect coming out of college? Former basketball player, 6'6", runs near-perfect routes, has great hands and played in a pro-style offense. Additionally, what if he runs like a 4.5 40 at the combine?

Basically if the 49ers don't take Fleener in the first round, he's going to somebody else.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:19 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah....that's not going to happen. Fleener will be gone in the first 40 picks easy. Teams saw what Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham did this year, you think they don't want one of their own? Especially if out of all those guys he's the most polished prospect coming out of college? Former basketball player, 6'6", runs near-perfect routes, has great hands and played in a pro-style offense. Additionally, what if he runs like a 4.5 40 at the combine?

Basically if the 49ers don't take Fleener in the first round, he's going to somebody else.

Completely agree....and he may even be gone by the time the Niners pick in the first. Let's hope the Niners take the guy out for cheeseburgers in Indy right before his 40 yd run....

Cheers!
Love Walter Sports new Mock Draft!!!

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php
Love Walter Sports new Mock Draft!!!

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php

In the words of Mayo i would cream myself if this draft were to take place for us!!!

Originally posted by Slash49:
In the words of Mayo i would cream myself if this draft were to take place for us!!!

I'm down if they replace Dwight Jones with someone else.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Fleener could be a game-breaking WR, just like Vernon Davis is...
Originally posted by Slash49:

I'm down if they replace Dwight Jones with someone else.

I still like Jones but i wouldn't be mad if we got Stephen Hill

Mayock didn't give any TE a 1st round grade as they don't block just pass catching TE. I will skip Fleener unless he's available in the 2nd round!
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Fleener could be a game-breaking WR, just like Vernon Davis is...

I know we got Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker but I think with our offense being a Tight End happy offense we could use a tall dominating TE like Fleener he reminds me of J.Graham from the Saints and Grankowski from the Patriots, they were unstopable this year, and with the deep WR class in this years draft, I think IMHO we should draft Fleener in the first round and draft a WR in the second round, and maybe another in the later rounds and go get a top FA WR. We should be dominant with big and fast weapons for A.Smith with his second year with the same offense. Imagine us having our own version of Grankowski-Hernandez TE dual of the Patriots. This will open up all of our outside guys and our slot receivers. I think we can still get a good WR in the second or third round. Just a thought....
Look at the 1:44 mark of the video below and tell me that the 49ers, and especially Alex Smith couldn't use a guy like this in the red-zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLdOzpVW4WE&feature=related
I want Fleener only if we sign a WR like Colston. If we don't sign a WR, then I hope we draft one.
Share 49ersWebzone