There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If we are drafting between picks 26-32 would you trade back?

If we are drafting between picks 26-32 would you trade back?

I am normally against trading back into the 2nd round but if we were offered a trade to move back into the top 5 in the 2nd would you take it? Considering the very top talent will probably be gone that late, I'm really thinking picking up an additional 2nd, 3rd, and possibly a 4th could be better.

Whats the zone's feeling on doing it at this point?
its october. ask again in april.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

answer me you German b*****d
this coming draft will be the first in a LONG time that I won't be very excited about.
Originally posted by jreff22:

answer me you German b*****d

it really does depend on who is there. in theory i wouldn't be opposed to it, especially if we were trading down into the top ten of the second round and picking up an extra 2 or 3 or whatever, but its all about who is there. It certainly would be a lot easier to trade down from the late twenties than from the top ten, and money-wise we would save a little, and the extra picks are nice.
It depends who is available on the board.
I hope Blackmon starts smoking blunts and gets suspended for the rest of the year. That way he can fall to us like Bryant did to the cowgirls.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
this coming draft will be the first in a LONG time that I won't be very excited about.

Why not?

I'll always love the draft. I love it even more now that we finally have a competent GM/HC that know what they're doing
I hope Blackmon starts smoking blunts and gets suspended for the rest of the year. That way he can fall to us like Bryant did to the cowgirls.

time to initiate Operation: Frame Blackmon

...Not to be confused with the law enforcement program, Operation: Frame Black Man.
Here are my targets;

Rd 1.

WR- Mohamed Sanu(Rutgers) & Ryan Broyles(Oklahoma)
NT- Brandon Thompson(Clemson) & Alameda Ta'amu(Washington)
DE- Jared Crick(Nebraska), Jerel Worthy(Michigan State) & Billy Winn(Boise State)
CB- Alfonzo Dennard(Nebraska), Stephen Gilmore(South Carolina), Chase Minniefield(Virginia) & Janoris Jenkins(N.Alabama)
OG- David DeCastro(Stanford) & Cordy Glenn(Georgia)

Rd 2.

CB- Cliff Harris(Oregon), Jamel Fleming(Oklahoma State), Jayron Hosley(Virginia Tech) & Brandon Boykin(Georgia)
FS- Robert Lester(Alabama) & Vaughn Telemaque(Miami Fla.)
NT- Josh Chapman(Alabama)
DE- Kheeston Randall(Texas), Kaleb Ramsey(Texas) & Marcus Forston(Miami Fla.)
WR- Greg Childs(Arkansas), Juron Criner(Arizona) & Jeff Fuller(Texas A&M)
OLB- Donte Paige-Moss(North Carolina) & Vinny Curry(Marshall)

Rd 3.

QB- Kirk Cousins(Michigan State), Ryan Lindley(San Diego State), Nick Foles(Arizona) & Ryan Tannehill(Texas A&M)
OG- Lucas Nix(Pittsburgh) & Chris Jacobson(Pittsburgh)
FS- TJ McDonald(USC) & Harrison Smith(Notre Dame)
OLB- Sean Spence(Miami Fla.), Tank Carder(TCU) & Brandon Lindsey(Pittsburgh)
CB- Keith Tandy(West Virginia), Shaun Prater(Iowa) & Casey Hayward(Vanderbilt)
WR- Dwight Jones(North Carolina) & DeVier Posey(Ohio State)
Originally posted by Hopper:

Why not?

I'll always love the draft. I love it even more now that we finally have a competent GM/HC that know what they're doing

IDK, because there are way more options when drafting that low. Drafting in the top 10, you have a pretty good idea of who you're gonna get.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Why not?

IDK, because there are way more options when drafting that low. Drafting in the top 10, you have a pretty good idea of who you're gonna get.

I can see both ways, I personally like the idea of this yr, bottom of draft means more options, potential fallers, trade offers, more picks, etc... I like this draft more than taking what is the "known" pick. I mean no one saw Aldon Smith at 7, hell i thought maybe trade when on clock, didnt want Gabbert, I was happy with Aldon, I liked him at Missouri, but thought he was a tiny reach, but Gladly i was wrong.

Drafting late usually means less scrutiny for missing on a player.
Based on how Baalke/JH handled this draft, I'd feel confident whatever they do.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
no because the last time we did we.....

but in all seriousness... depends on the player, what we get in return ect.. Each week I'm having so much more faith in Harbaugh
time to initiate Operation: Frame Blackmon

...Not to be confused with the law enforcement program, Operation: Frame Black Man.

lol classic