There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Robert Griffin III Baylor QB

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't want Griffin to go to a division rival. He's my favorite QB of this class and it'd pain me to see him end up in SEA or ARI. I don't mind the Chiefs, and think he would be fine there.

Cant see Arizona blowing a first on a QB right now....maybe a 3rd. Sea is a toss up but Pete may try to get Barkley in a trade and save his job in the process.

yeah I agree. Still cant believe you'd take RG3 over Luck though OTC
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I don't want Griffin to go to a division rival. He's my favorite QB of this class and it'd pain me to see him end up in SEA or ARI. I don't mind the Chiefs, and think he would be fine there.

Cant see Arizona blowing a first on a QB right now....maybe a 3rd. Sea is a toss up but Pete may try to get Barkley in a trade and save his job in the process.

Oh goodness, I never said that! I just said he's my favorite QB. Not the #1 QB. If you've seen my posts in other parts of this thread and other threads besides this one, I have continually stated that RGIII is, to me, hands down the 2nd best prospect after Luck.

So don't worry. I still think Luck is #1, but Griffin is next. And really not that far behind.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 29, 2011 at 12:28 AM ]

Oh goodness, I never said that! I just said he's my favorite QB. Not the #1 QB. If you've seen my posts in other parts of this thread and other threads besides this one, I have continually stated that RGIII is, to me, hands down the 2nd best prospect after Luck.

So don't worry. I still think Luck is #1, but Griffin is next. And really not that far behind.

lol it's cool. Luck is my favorite QB in this class and RG 3 is probably 2nd. I think Barkley and Jones will both be good too though.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
dude is beast....He is going to end up being better than Newton, maybe looking too far into the future but man. He is going to be good
OTC what happens if he measures at 6'0" in the combine, every year we seem to discuss QB's with that height as having a tough time succeeding in the NFL, and even when we bring up Brees and Vick those QB prospects do in fact end up not making any kind of significant impact.

So what's your take on him possibly being 6'0"?

I agree with you, OTC, that RG3 is the 2nd best QB in this upcoming draft (if he were to declare of course). Griffin has shown so much this season and looks PERFECT for a WCO. It's too bad we won't be in position to take him or even think about taking him.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I agree with you, OTC, that RG3 is the 2nd best QB in this upcoming draft (if he were to declare of course). Griffin has shown so much this season and looks PERFECT for a WCO. It's too bad we won't be in position to take him or even think about taking him.

Honestly, if I were the 49ers and Griffin fell to me, I'd take him and trade Kaepernick. Nothing against Kaepernick, but with Smith playing well enough to earn an extension, we could set ourselves up so much better to have a great successor. CK is a long-term project and could/should be ready by the later part of whatever Smith's extension might be. Succession planning is important for teams that want consistent success. How much faith do they have in CK? That's the big question.

Originally posted by vrabbit:
OTC what happens if he measures at 6'0" in the combine, every year we seem to discuss QB's with that height as having a tough time succeeding in the NFL, and even when we bring up Brees and Vick those QB prospects do in fact end up not making any kind of significant impact.

So what's your take on him possibly being 6'0"?

I just can't see Griffin measuring any shorter than 6-1, judging by his size compared to players around him. Consider that Barkley is the exact same size (listed) at 6-2 220. No one is going to worry about them being an inch shorter. If he somehow measures in at less than 6-1, I will be a little shocked, but I wouldn't expect him to fall out of the first round or even top 20 by any means.

If I had to guess, Griffin will at worst measure in around 6-1 1/4" which is plenty of size in my book.
hate to say it but he's black! I'm black and we already have a black QB. too many Black QBs can't be good
Originally posted by ocjohnknee:
hate to say it but he's black! I'm black and we already have a black QB. too many Black QBs can't be good

well thanks for the wisdom
I would cry if we landed him or luck! Our QB issues could be potentially over
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
So none is concerned the guy's had injury issues every year until this one. I've known about this guy for years. As a Texas fan, every year I feared him because he is an athletic freak. But every year I was relieved because he'd get hurt and miss the season. Every year. He's small, I seriously doubt he plays many full seasons in the NFL, just like Vick.
Originally posted by TX9R:
So none is concerned the guy's had injury issues every year until this one. I've known about this guy for years. As a Texas fan, every year I feared him because he is an athletic freak. But every year I was relieved because he'd get hurt and miss the season. Every year. He's small, I seriously doubt he plays many full seasons in the NFL, just like Vick.

Not really. It's just like a qb who had thrown a lot of int's his college career, but in his last season doesn't. So folks just say oh he's corrected that problem and his decision making has improved. One injury free season pretty much puts those concerns to rest. He is bigger than Vick. But but who is to say he will play reckless like Vick? RG is a much more cerebral at this point in his career then Vick was. So he won't be relying on his feet as much as vick did when entering the league. That should cut down on his risk on injury. Now if he were Denard Robinson's size i would be concerned.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Rob Rang

11/28/2011

5. MIA: Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor

Chad Reuter

11/28/2011

6. WAS: Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
Originally posted by vrabbit:
well thanks for the wisdom
hey im just being real!
Originally posted by ocjohnknee:
hey im just being real!

i don't care if the qb is black or not i care if the qb is good. unlike the black qb argument, we can never have too many GOOD qb's on the roster.