LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Would you trade #1 pick and Willis and Davis for rights to Luck

Would you trade #1 pick and Willis and Davis for rights to Luck

I would probably trade our #1 and Vernon for Luck. I would trade Willis and some draft choices that aren't our #1. Sadly, our two best players also play middle of the field positions, which aren't quite premium positions, and I imagine Bowman could adequately replace Willis (I say adequate, not well).

I think your ceiling as a franchise explodes if you make that trade, so it's worth the risk. Luck is just far and away the best QB prospect of the last several years, and this league continues to become more of a passing league.
  • cgida
  • Veteran
There needs to be a Hell No choice.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dhp318:
I would probably trade our #1 and Vernon for Luck. I would trade Willis and some draft choices that aren't our #1.

This. Giving up a #1, Davis AND Willis is waaaay too much.
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by dhp318:
I would probably trade our #1 and Vernon for Luck. I would trade Willis and some draft choices that aren't our #1.

This. Giving up a #1, Davis AND Willis is waaaay too much.

Willis and draft picks for a guy who hasn't played a down in the NFL? No way.
I wouldnt trade Davis or Willis and a #1 for Luck ...but I would give up our #1, #2 and #3 if we could move up and grab a franchise QB...either Luck or any talented QB that has the potential for greatness
Originally posted by English:
Willis and draft picks for a guy who hasn't played a down in the NFL? No way.

I know the NFL isnt basketball, so it's not necessarily a good idea to use the LeBron analogy, where you could defensively trade your entire team away to draft a LeBron.

But... the QB in the NFL is the most important position in sports. This trade would give us the ceiling to become a great team in just one deal.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
This is a QB league, as Manning is currently demonstrating yet again. The MLB and TE aren't going to get us to the playoffs and beyond... a franchise QB could
What did Peyton prove? That the Colts are a crappy franchise who can't build a general-working system around him? Look at the Pats or the Packers when Rodgers/Brady went down. They could replace them, not 1:1 apparently, but it was working.
Look at your players and build a system which benefits from their strengths. That is what you need in the NFL first and foremost, imo.

And, Peyton/Colts prove one more thing. A franchise-QB is usually a must but you need a lot more. It's not like the Colts win the SB year in and year out.

This.

Originally posted by thevoice:
If I need a good laugh sometimes I'll check out whatever new lame topic the latest 14 year old with a new laptop has come up with. Until now, I have remained silent and allowed the idiots on this sight to vomit all of the senseless thoughts that enter their infantile little pea-brains. This one takes the cake and I can remain silent no longer. Let me get this straight: trade all-world linnebacker Patrick Willis, one of the top 5 tight ends in the league and a number one pick for a kid who hasn't even completed his college career. Before posting anymore of your downs syndrome induced thoughts, try and graduate from the eighth grade and gain a little bit of common sense. Hopefully, I can go back to being silent but it's doubtful as this is only the stupidest thought of many that I've seen on here while looking for a laugh.

And yes, Post of the fckin YEAR!
NOTHING in the game right now is more important than a quarterback. We do not have one. Kaepernick is Alex part 2. If we don't get a world beater QB it won't matter if you have the second coming of Ray Lewis at LB and Shannon Sharpe at TE, you will never win.

The holes they would leave are much easier to fill or hide than the QB postion and Luck is the best prospect to come along in a LONG time. I would make this trade in a heart beat.
Originally posted by cgida:
There needs to be a Hell No choice.
This, he will flame out.

Draft moore!
Originally posted by captnkos:
NOTHING in the game right now is more important than a quarterback. We do not have one. Kaepernick is Alex part 2. If we don't get a world beater QB it won't matter if you have the second coming of Ray Lewis at LB and Shannon Sharpe at TE, you will never win.

The holes they would leave are much easier to fill or hide than the QB postion and Luck is the best prospect to come along in a LONG time. I would make this trade in a heart beat.

I'm a huge Luck fan, and I understand everyone crowning him, however, he hasn't proven anything in the pros yet. Neither has Kaep, so that statement is a bit unfair. I would never trade two of our best players, not only in our team, but the best at their respective positions in the NFL, and a 1st round pick for Luck.

Originally posted by captnkos:

Kap isn't alex part 2, he could be a vick part 2, but just take 3-4 years of development time to get there. If he were to go out on the field now, he would be an akili smith part 2.
What is Manning proving? He isn't even on the friggin field
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
What is Manning proving? He isn't even on the friggin field

He's proving that without him, the Colts might be the worst team in the NFL. WIth him, they're always a Super Bowl Contender.

Which makes him the most valuable QB in the NFL.

When Brady went down, Matt Cassell did fine.
There does not exist a person in this world worth that much.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

x2
Share 49ersWebzone