There are 182 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Position you feel we should be looking to draft

How about we trade Spencer for a 3rd pick and Brown for a 4th round pick, then trade both of those for a 2nd round pick then trade both our 2nd round picks for a first pick, then get a WR and CB with both our firsts. Simple, Gimme the job Baalke
We need a legit #1 WR.....a #1 CB and a top flight FS. Those are the 3 positions I hope we upgrade next year.
If we for some reason let Brooks walk, then OLB will be a huge need. I wouldn't mind drafting someone like Vinny Curry or Bruce Irvin at all.

Right now I feel like FS or CB are more pressing needs. We need a ball-hawk at FS. I still think Goldson would be the perfect SS, as he has adequate coverage skills, but is great in run support. TJ McDonald(if he declared) or Markelle Martin would both be great choices.
I wouldn't mind giving up a Atlanta type trade from 30s to 4 or 5 to get Blackmon and let braylon walk it out. Address CB in FA.
Originally posted by QBguru:
I wouldn't mind giving up a Atlanta type trade from 30s to 4 or 5 to get Blackmon and let braylon walk it out. Address CB in FA.

thats a s**t load, look how its working out for atl this yr. jones is good but since they gave up so much for him theyre forcing ryan to throw a bunch when thats not their game on offense which is pound the ball with turner and that got them to 13-3. we would have to trade to get in front of stl and theyre gonna be picking very high, i dont see it happening since baalke is a build through the draft guy.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Yep. Secondary playmakers and offensive line depth.

I still don't think we need a WR. Why do Braylon and Crabtree get no respect on this board? What you're seeing with Braylon is what happens when you put an All-Pro WR on a team that passes for 175 yards per game. We got pretty darn solid production out of our top two wideouts today. Imagine Crabtree's numbers if Smith doesn't miss him when he's running free behind the defense.

Because there are a handful of rookies outplaying crabtree this season, and Edwards hasn't really shown much due to injury.
[ Edited by gamechanger on Nov 18, 2011 at 9:43 PM ]
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Yep. Secondary playmakers and offensive line depth.

I still don't think we need a WR. Why do Braylon and Crabtree get no respect on this board? What you're seeing with Braylon is what happens when you put an All-Pro WR on a team that passes for 175 yards per game. We got pretty darn solid production out of our top two wideouts today. Imagine Crabtree's numbers if Smith doesn't miss him when he's running free behind the defense.

Because there are a handful of rookies outplaying crabtree this season, and Edwards hasn't really shown much due to injury.

Agree! The 9ers have three injured WRs and Ted Ginn. Not a great situation. Williams may develop but they can't afford to pass a playmaker if the opportunity presents itself. Crabtree has been dinged up for three years now.

CB would be my second choice for the top pick and I would love to see the 9ers able to trade up to get two game changers.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by QBguru:

thats a s**t load, look how its working out for atl this yr. jones is good but since they gave up so much for him theyre forcing ryan to throw a bunch when thats not their game on offense which is pound the ball with turner and that got them to 13-3. we would have to trade to get in front of stl and theyre gonna be picking very high, i dont see it happening since baalke is a build through the draft guy.

Ya it is but we need a dominant WR. That is our only weakness in my opinion. We need a Jerry rice type of Guy who will help make this a dominant offense. We have the RB, ol is squared away, maybe kilgore taking over for Snyder. We are set at qb. Our defense is amazing. Just add a CB in free agency and resign our own guys and we will be good.
I know Atlanta messed up but comon. There is a reason a.j. green was picked before Jones. We need to get blackmon. He is the best wide reciever prospect since Calvin Johnson IMO.
cb dt fs wr and qb since is alex on a 1 yr contract
Originally posted by smithc28:
How about we trade Spencer for a 3rd pick and Brown for a 4th round pick, then trade both of those for a 2nd round pick then trade both our 2nd round picks for a first pick, then get a WR and CB with both our firsts. Simple, Gimme the job Baalke

We would be lucky to receive a future 7th round pick for Spencer and a 6th for Tarrell Brown
another high energy defensive lineman with our first , makes the defense a lot tougher to deal with

CB in the 2nd

RG in 3rd

OLB in 4th

QB in 5th

WR in 6th

at WR I would rather lock up Morgan and Edwards and look for a veteran WR that wants a shot at the playoffs for the rotation
1st Round - WR
2nd Round - CB
Originally posted by HearstFan:
1st Round - WR
2nd Round - CB

CB is a bigger need.
Originally posted by Elric:
I like out team and our reserve the best we've had in a long time.
In going over our depth chart (not like I don't know it like the back of my hand)

NT I'm still not comfortable with goal line stand. I love Sopo but will be scouting NT's and Big bodies
on the defesive side of college football for a draftie.

WR Also a tall wide received. Braylon looks better than crabtree. But he does drop balls and crabtree doesnt show up for preseason.
I don't want to be left with the cubert bare.

MLB I hope Bowman becomes all world but Ill be looking for somone like Ahmad size 6'3 260-255.
If Bowman works out its nice to have aback up with size.

What are your thoughts?

Think you're forgetting CB and maybe FS if we don't resign Dashon Goldson
Originally posted by smithc28:

this. isn't. madden.