LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 381 users in the forums

did you hear trent baalke on chronicle live last night?

said he was going to florida next week to begin working on the 2012 draft
You can find the vid here.
Originally posted by hofer36:

he doesnt have anything else to do with this damn lockout, might as well get started on next years draft
Kaepernick "operates well in chaos". Doesn't that describe the exact opposite of an Alex Smith which makes me wonder if Harbaugh is selling up Alex ONLY because we have no QB.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Kaepernick "operates well in chaos". Doesn't that describe the exact opposite of an Alex Smith which makes me wonder if Harbaugh is selling up Alex ONLY because we have no QB.

Harbaugh is in a "win win" situation with getting Alex Smith back. If he can make Alex Smith a true franchise qb in a year, he will become legend, doing what other coaches failed to do.

If Alex fails, and Colin Kaepernick gets called up, Alex will have set the bar so low that Colin will look like the franchises savior.

A win win for Harbaugh and the niners.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

....in college.
Originally posted by 9erred:

Harbaugh is in a "win win" situation with getting Alex Smith back. If he can make Alex Smith a true franchise qb in a year, he will become legend, doing what other coaches failed to do.

If Alex fails, and Colin Kaepernick gets called up, Alex will have set the bar so low that Colin will look like the franchises savior.

A win win for Harbaugh and the niners.

Unless Colin doesn't come through.

The bold is soooo true. If it does become true, then I think it pretty much buries Nolan and Singletary's chances at ever becoming a head coach again in this league. No owner/GM in their right minds would want to hire these guys as coaching knowing that they couldn't get a #1 pick QB to work when they should have been able to.

I would never hire them as head coaches if Harbaugh gets Alex to play like a true starting QB.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

....in college.

What you trying to say, Willis?

If I am thinking what you are thinking, then I must say that Alex never operated well in chaos in college either.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

....in college.

If I am thinking what you are thinking, then I must say that Alex never operated well in chaos in college either.

What I'm trying to say is, Kaepernick is a big ? and we don't know how well he operates yet. College was college, shoot Ken Dorsey was the best in college under pressure, OK maybe except for his last Bowl game.

....in college.

What I'm trying to say is, Kaepernick is a big ? and we don't know how well he operates yet. College was college, shoot Ken Dorsey was the best in college under pressure, OK maybe except for his last Bowl game.

Define "under pressure". Do you mean in a big game or literally with pass rushers breathing down his neck or broken plays...i.e., chaos.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by hofer36:

he doesnt have anything else to do with this damn lockout, might as well get started on next years draft
  • dj43
Could be. I could also be that Baalke is selling up Kaep to keep season ticket holders in line. Afterall, what Kaep did in a small school conference is hardly proof that he will do the same in the NFL. Just saying...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

....in college.

Define "under pressure". Do you mean in a big game or literally with pass rushers breathing down his neck or broken plays...i.e., chaos.

Well, define Chaos, wouldn't it mean pretty much the same thing any way you put it??

This is only my guess but I just think a guy like Harbaugh is wired in a way that he can't resist the challenge of fixing Alex Smith. Kinda like those guys that love to fix beat up old cars just for the sake of doing it.

And as 9erred already said there really isn't anything to lose by him rolling the dice on him. Nobody is expecting the team to go to the Super Bowl this year and he fixes Alex Smith he'll have that notch on his belt as the guy who fixed Alex Smith the bust.

If Smith still falters than it'll be because Smith sucked and even Harbaugh couldn't salvage him than Harbaugh turns the page to Kaepernick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jikkle49:

This is only my guess but I just think a guy like Harbaugh is wired in a way that he can't resist the challenge of fixing Alex Smith. Kinda like those guys that love to fix beat up old cars just for the sake of doing it.

And as 9erred already said there really isn't anything to lose by him rolling the dice on him. Nobody is expecting the team to go to the Super Bowl this year and he fixes Alex Smith he'll have that notch on his belt as the guy who fixed Alex Smith the bust.

If Smith still falters than it'll be because Smith sucked and even Harbaugh couldn't salvage him than Harbaugh turns the page to Kaepernick.

I think JH see's a young Qb that has never been coached up since he was drafted.
Share 49ersWebzone