LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

Its funny, if you woulda asked this question before the second round happened Kap would not be leading in votes.
Someone just asked what would you give up to make sure and snag Kap Dalton and the guy gets slammed for asking. Now eveyone thinks hes the best QB out of this draft.
I do hope he turns out, he was the second player on my wishlist only behind Pat P. None the less i hope were right, but cmon man who do you think were gonna say this is a niner forum

[ Edited by ninernutt on Apr 29, 2011 at 20:43:15 ]
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
ask in 5 years.

Dead on. Pressure is now on Kap. He couldn't ask for a better Mentor. If Kap can't make it with Harbaugh ... he won't. And no ... I won't AlexExcuse him if he doesn't get the same O.C. for multiple years
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
buncha homers

Well I will take Harbaugh's side over yours. I was not a Gabbert fan, but if we picked him, that meant Harbaugh liked him and therefore I would have. I always thought JH liked Kap then Dalton. He never invited Kap to the SC facility ..which was hiding his intent unlike all the media taking that is a dislike. Dalton gets picked then we make the bold move for Kap. Kinda like I thought. Yet not many here was for him (until we picked him). But the ball is in Kap's court. You cannot ask for a better coach/mentor than Harbaugh. While him starting him this year falls into the "fools gold" category ... I do think this long term will make all Niner fans happy.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
buncha homers

Well I will take Harbaugh's side over yours. I was not a Gabbert fan, but if we picked him, that meant Harbaugh liked him and therefore I would have. I always thought JH liked Kap then Dalton. He never invited Kap to the SC facility ..which was hiding his intent unlike all the media taking that is a dislike. Dalton gets picked then we make the bold move for Kap. Kinda like I thought. Yet not many here was for him (until we picked him). But the ball is in Kap's court. You cannot ask for a better coach/mentor than Harbaugh. While him starting him this year falls into the "fools gold" category ... I do think this long term will make all Niner fans happy.

I'm not saying Harbaugh won't turn him into a pro bowler, just pointing out that we're clearly biased
Hopefully Colin and we are winning the superbowl. Otherwise, were picking about first overall again and hopefully not getting another alex!
hopefully Colin!!!
And I think Ponder will be good!
This draft class reminds me a hell of a lot of the 2004 class. You're gonna have a Big Ben, a Philip Rivers, a Matt Schaub, an Eli Manning, and a .J. P. Losman.

This how I see it goin:

Cam Newton = J.P. Losman turn-out. (Overzealous jerk who'll get what's coming to him.)
Blaine Gabbert/Jake Locker= Eli Manning turn-out. (Overrated/average QBs who might wander into a SB situation.)
Ryan Mallett = Ben Roethlisberger turn-out. (Bulky dips**t who will have the best QB coach/team situation.)
Colin Kaepernick = Philip Rivers turn-out. (Funky throwing motion; naturally gifted leader.)
Andy Dalton/Christian Ponder = Matt Shaub turn-out. (Soul-less, creepy looking, will bloom into an underrated hit.)

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on May 6, 2011 at 13:27:22 ]
ponder he has the best support staff accurate and strong arm
Pre-draft - Ponder

Post-draft - Kaepernick

Vikings took way to much heat on the selection of Ponder. If he can stay healthy, they have their QB of the future.

The selection of Kaepernick grows on me every day. The more I watch his tapes and hear everything Harbaugh has to say about him..im convinced
Mallet. His situation is like what Rodgers had, except he has a better coach and a better QB to learn from.

If your in this WZ, and you dont pick KAEP.......go to hell!
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
If your in this WZ, and you dont pick KAEP.......go to hell!

This
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Blaine Gabbert
Kaepernick, I think Harbaugh is gonna turn this guy into a winner. I know it's easy to say being a Niner fan but as a football fan I'll still say Kaepernick. He has to sit the entire season and learn the playbook(barring an Alex Smith injury). The sky is the limit for this kid and I think he'll take us to a Super Bowl sooner rather than later.
Undrafted Pat Delvin FTW!!!
Share 49ersWebzone