There are 158 users in the forums

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Expecting Daniel Kilgore to beat out the first round offensive linemen in the upcoming "Who will be the best OL from this draft class" thread.

I think I remember Taylor Mays gaining a 92% approval rating last year at this time after the draft. One hilarious board!!!!

I don't think we should give up on Taylor yet...
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I was walking home today when all of a sudden my back twiched and now I'm having back spasms. Do you think it's my shoes or maybe because I was walking up a hill?

Try walking down the hill next time, that should help..
Bump
Damn that 5 years went by pretty quick
My name is MadDog and I'm here to prove a point.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Bump

MD.

It is apparent that this poll clearly supports your prespective.

cheers

Buck
[ Edited by buck on May 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Bump

MD.

cheers

Buck

+1
Lol. Almost everyone here said Cam Newton will be a bust because "he is a jerk" or "he's not smart enough". I hope all of you stop thinking you know anything about projecting college talent to the pros and just enjoy the game of football. Why would you root for anyone to fail? The game is much better when players are good.
MD.

cheers

Buck

CK may end up the best QB in this draft. Although it doesn't look great now, anything can happen. I am just posting this as a reminder of how people tend to overinflate the value of players their team selects and devalue players not selected by the team. It is natural, as fans want to believe that their guy will come out on top, and also undeniable.

My beef, which is not related to you at all, is that a few boisterous people will defend Niners' management (past and present) to the death, even though they know very little about the players in the draft. Sub in another player for CK (let's say Locker) and you will get similar strong numbers for Locker. It is what it is...human nature. They grade players after the draft, based on who selected them, instead of before the draft. Niners select Brian Quick...star. Rams select Brian Quick...overrated. It is not an objective approach to a fair evaluation. They feel extremely hurt when I do not post glowing remarks about all the Niners picks, and lash out. While they have the right to feel strongly about their position, it is not one of strength, and one they should feel so confident about that any person who doesn't agree with them, and Niners management, becomes an enemy. These same people never post pre-draft comments or grades on players because: 1) they do not know much about the draft; or 2) it puts them in a box.

I respect OTC because his analysis of players is not post-draft. We sometimes disagree on players for sure (he doesn't like Trenton Robinson at all, while I think he has starting potential down the road). His analysis is always honest because it is not based on the good guys or bad guys selecting a player. I don't care for the Eagles a bit, but thought they were big winners in this draft. The same goes for the Rams.
Dalton

Dear lord 64% believe Kaep will be the best QB from this draft in 5 years? Man what some 9er fans must be smoking.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Damn that 5 years went by pretty quick

Yea I agree with this post
  • buck
  • Veteran
MD.

cheers

Buck

CK may end up the best QB in this draft. Although it doesn't look great now, anything can happen. I am just posting this as a reminder of how people tend to overinflate the value of players their team selects and devalue players not selected by the team. It is natural, as fans want to believe that their guy will come out on top, and also undeniable.

My beef, which is not related to you at all, is that a few boisterous people will defend Niners' management (past and present) to the death, even though they know very little about the players in the draft. Sub in another player for CK (let's say Locker) and you will get similar strong numbers for Locker. It is what it is...human nature. They grade players after the draft, based on who selected them, instead of before the draft. Niners select Brian Quick...star. Rams select Brian Quick...overrated. It is not an objective approach to a fair evaluation. They feel extremely hurt when I do not post glowing remarks about all the Niners picks, and lash out. While they have the right to feel strongly about their position, it is not one of strength, and one they should feel so confident about that any person who doesn't agree with them, and Niners management, becomes an enemy. These same people never post pre-draft comments or grades on players because: 1) they do not know much about the draft; or 2) it puts them in a box.

I respect OTC because his analysis of players is not post-draft. We sometimes disagree on players for sure (he doesn't like Trenton Robinson at all, while I think he has starting potential down the road). His analysis is always honest because it is not based on the good guys or bad guys selecting a player. I don't care for the Eagles a bit, but thought they were big winners in this draft. The same goes for the Rams.

A couple of points.

If your disagreement is with a few individuals, then my point about painting with a broad brush is even more valid.

The challenge you issued was like a bet. In opening the poll, I accepted the bet.
In the poll that I posted, the percentages did not support your position. In other wokds, I won that bet.

In my opinion, You should have acknowledged that openly and honestly from the git go.
As far as I know you have not done that. It is not too late to do so.

I do not deny that fans, almost by definition, are biased in favor of their team.
As you say, it is both human and understandable.

But, not all fans are homers and should not be, directly or indirectly, treated as such.

• buck
  • Veteran
double post sorry
[ Edited by buck on May 15, 2012 at 5:53 AM ]
Is nobody voting on this anymore? I don't know how you don't argue Cam Newton right now? Kaepernick isn't even a starter.
Share 49ersWebzone