LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This draft class reminds me a hell of a lot of the 2004 class. You're gonna have a Big Ben, a Philip Rivers, a Matt Schaub, an Eli Manning, and a .J. P. Losman.

This how I see it goin:

Cam Newton = J.P. Losman turn-out. (Overzealous jerk who'll get what's coming to him.)
Blaine Gabbert/Jake Locker= Eli Manning turn-out. (Overrated/average QBs who might wander into a SB situation.)
Ryan Mallett = Ben Roethlisberger turn-out. (Bulky dips**t who will have the best QB coach/team situation.)
Colin Kaepernick = Philip Rivers turn-out. (Funky throwing motion; naturally gifted leader.)
Andy Dalton/Christian Ponder = Matt Shaub turn-out. (Soul-less, creepy looking, will bloom into an underrated hit.)

Nice analysis. I'd be pretty happy with this.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by OldJoe:
buncha homers

Well I will take Harbaugh's side over yours. I was not a Gabbert fan, but if we picked him, that meant Harbaugh liked him and therefore I would have. I always thought JH liked Kap then Dalton. He never invited Kap to the SC facility ..which was hiding his intent unlike all the media taking that is a dislike. Dalton gets picked then we make the bold move for Kap. Kinda like I thought. Yet not many here was for him (until we picked him). But the ball is in Kap's court. You cannot ask for a better coach/mentor than Harbaugh. While him starting him this year falls into the "fools gold" category ... I do think this long term will make all Niner fans happy.

I'm not saying Harbaugh won't turn him into a pro bowler, just pointing out that we're clearly biased

I'm a homer.

[ Edited by DertyDonahue on May 6, 2011 at 15:07:00 ]
buncha homers

Well I will take Harbaugh's side over yours. I was not a Gabbert fan, but if we picked him, that meant Harbaugh liked him and therefore I would have. I always thought JH liked Kap then Dalton. He never invited Kap to the SC facility ..which was hiding his intent unlike all the media taking that is a dislike. Dalton gets picked then we make the bold move for Kap. Kinda like I thought. Yet not many here was for him (until we picked him). But the ball is in Kap's court. You cannot ask for a better coach/mentor than Harbaugh. While him starting him this year falls into the "fools gold" category ... I do think this long term will make all Niner fans happy.

I'm not saying Harbaugh won't turn him into a pro bowler, just pointing out that we're clearly biased

Point taken, sometimes I get my dander and zeal up.
At least we know the sample pool isn't tainted....
i hope its kap but i really feel it will be mallet, he just is in the best situation to succeed.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
i hope its kap but i really feel it will be mallet, he just is in the best situation to succeed.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

but if he's ever a starter it probably won't be with the pats, Brady probably has at least 5 more years in him, at least.
I am not sure but I hope it is Colin.
Colin..Why? Because we took him it's about time we get some luck going our way.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who ever we take

I hear that notion, we really need to have a ligitimate top five qb again, it's been so long.....

buncha homers

I'm not saying Harbaugh won't turn him into a pro bowler, just pointing out that
we're clearly biased

Is the Space Pope reptilian?
Expecting Daniel Kilgore to beat out the first round offensive linemen in the upcoming "Who will be the best OL from this draft class" thread.

I think I remember Taylor Mays gaining a 92% approval rating last year at this time after the draft. One hilarious board!!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Expecting Daniel Kilgore to beat out the first round offensive linemen in the upcoming "Who will be the best OL from this draft class" thread.

I think I remember Taylor Mays gaining a 92% approval rating last year at this time after the draft. One hilarious board!!!!

Some serious homers around here.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

Man, its a good thing your not a Steelers fan. When Troy Polamalu was a rookie and never started a game as a 1st round pick, you would be all over him. Poor Mays, we should just cut him now.
Originally posted by KID9R:

Man, its a good thing your not a Steelers fan. When Troy Polamalu was a rookie and never started a game as a 1st round pick, you would be all over him. Poor Mays, we should just cut him now.

I agree with this.

It's still pretty damn early with Mays and btw -- he has talent. We saw that in the limited time he played. He just needs coaching -- which we actually have now! We knew he wasn't going to come in and be Ed Reed, but I think with more experience/better coaching he will be good.
Share 49ersWebzone