There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

In 5 years, who will be the best QB from this draft??

Personally, I have to go with Locker. I honestly believe he went to a great system, has Chris Johnson to protect him. Has good young wr's (if Moss comes back even better) The big knock on Locker is his completion % but if you watch his games, his team is by far worse then the other Qb's (Auburn, Arkansas, TCU, Southern Cal, Texas Tech, Mizz, Bama, Wisconsin,FSU, Nevada and Iowa... Delaware would be the only team Washington is better then however Delaware doesn't play the level of competition Washington does) so a lot of Locker's Incomplete passes are throw aways, which are good plays considering it's throw it away, get sacked or try and squeeze a pass and possibly get picked. Also, the show with Gruden he sat down with him, Locker impressed me the most. What's everyone else's thoughts??
Who ever we take
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who ever we take
I will give you my answer when the draft is over.
Btw, I just wanted to mention something. I really wasn't sure if I wanted the 49ers to draft Gabbert at 7 b/c I'm just not sure he's a franchise QB but when saw that he threw for 16 TD's in a spread offense....... how is that even possible?? Didn't last years #1 pick Bradford throw for like 67 Tds or something?? The spread is designed to inflate numbers and he threw for 16. I'm even happier now we didn't take him then I was when the draft was happening...
Mustain, because I'm a fan of Megadeth.
newton
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
Btw, I just wanted to mention something. I really wasn't sure if I wanted the 49ers to draft Gabbert at 7 b/c I'm just not sure he's a franchise QB but when saw that he threw for 16 TD's in a spread offense....... how is that even possible?? Didn't last years #1 pick Bradford throw for like 67 Tds or something?? The spread is designed to inflate numbers and he threw for 16. I'm even happier now we didn't take him then I was when the draft was happening...

Took the words out of my mouth.
I was walking home today when all of a sudden my back twiched and now I'm having back spasms. Do you think it's my shoes or maybe because I was walking up a hill?
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I was walking home today when all of a sudden my back twiched and now I'm having back spasms. Do you think it's my shoes or maybe because I was walking up a hill?

Most likely b/c you were walking up a hill, I wouldn't worry about it. Next time run up the hill, that should take the pain away in no time.
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I was walking home today when all of a sudden my back twiched and now I'm having back spasms. Do you think it's my shoes or maybe because I was walking up a hill?

Most likely b/c you were walking up a hill, I wouldn't worry about it. Next time run up the hill, that should take the pain away in no time.

Cool! I'll try that. Thanks bro!
Ponder

I was surprised when the Vikes took him, and a bit disappointed because I was hoping we'd get him with our 2nd rounder.

He has the prettiest game. Good decisions, good mechanics, good mentality, good physicality. He just lacks the long ball, but if I were a gm he would've been my top QB target (though I too would've been looking to get him with the 2nd round pick or a trade up of a few spots).
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Ponder

I was surprised when the Vikes took him, and a bit disappointed because I was hoping we'd get him with our 2nd rounder.

He has the prettiest game. Good decisions, good mechanics, good mentality, good physicality. He just lacks the long ball, but if I were a gm he would've been my top QB target (though I too would've been looking to get him with the 2nd round pick or a trade up of a few spots).

He also had some injury concerns
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Ponder

I was surprised when the Vikes took him, and a bit disappointed because I was hoping we'd get him with our 2nd rounder.

He has the prettiest game. Good decisions, good mechanics, good mentality, good physicality. He just lacks the long ball, but if I were a gm he would've been my top QB target (though I too would've been looking to get him with the 2nd round pick or a trade up of a few spots).

I REALLY wanted him in the 2nd rd. If he can stay healthy he should be a very good WCO QB, very accurate in the short to intermediate routes and very smart. Just needs to stay healthy. Like Locker, Ponder lucked out. Locker has Chris Johnson, Kenny Britt and Nate Washington to protect him and Ponder has Peterson, Harvin and Rice to protect him. As a matter of fact Gabbert even has MoJo, Mercedes Lewis and Mike Sims-Walker... Poor Newton!!! LOL Steve Smith wants out and who knows what happened w/ Williams and Stewart???
Locker, Gabbert or Ponder. Just a hunch. It's way too early. And a lot depends on the coaching staff, development and supporting cast.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home