LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

Football Gameplan's Mock Draft Video - Final Mock

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by EmDiggy:
I can also seeing you guys getting Kaepernick.. but if you guys don't get Miller, then I just feel like Mallett fits PERFECTLY with Harbaugh's scheme..

I believe selecting Quinn/Amukamara in the 1st then Kaepernick in the 2nd would prove to be much better value than Mallett in the 1st.

That could be a good Alternative...now the question would be, do you throw him out there as a rookie?
I can also seeing you guys getting Kaepernick.. but if you guys don't get Miller, then I just feel like Mallett fits PERFECTLY with Harbaugh's scheme..

I believe selecting Quinn/Amukamara in the 1st then Kaepernick in the 2nd would prove to be much better value than Mallett in the 1st.

That could be a good Alternative...now the question would be, do you throw him out there as a rookie?

Kaepernick? No. Him, just like the majority of the QBs in this draft, will need work. However, he has made some major strides this offseason with working from under center and making the appropriate reads.

Let's be honest, the 49ers are not going to be a finished product this upcoming season. Especially with our tough schedule, we could be picking in the top 10 in 2012 once again. Harbaugh will do his best to develop a talent such as Kaepernick and place him out on the field when he's ready.
Would you guys or any team draft Trent Edwards in the Top 15? Would anyone want a QB that takes off at the first sniff of pressure? Does anyone want a QB that will always hit the Checkdown without seeing what's downfield first? I'm sorry, I liked Gabbert the first time I saw him...when his name was Joey Harrington

We have a guy like that...
Wait forrrrrr it..... wait forrrrr it.....
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Would you guys or any team draft Trent Edwards in the Top 15? Would anyone want a QB that takes off at the first sniff of pressure? Does anyone want a QB that will always hit the Checkdown without seeing what's downfield first? I'm sorry, I liked Gabbert the first time I saw him...when his name was Joey Harrington

We have a guy like that...
Wait forrrrrr it..... wait forrrrr it.....

David Carr? Cause Alex doesn't have a contract signed with us!
i dont mind if we draft mallet. but we can probably get him in the 2nd round. no need to panic and draft him 7 overall
You said John Harbaugh!
I love it! This is my dream scenario.
Not bad bro good opinion.. Shake them haters off.. That's all there is around here... A bunch of Winers!!!
First off, great job and way to stick your neck out on picks that you believe in instead of just obeying the words of Kiper and co. We actually agree on alot of stuff as I think Mallett looks tons better than Gabbert, and also believe that Amukamara is nowhere close to being the prospect that Peterson is.

I've actually been doing quite a bit of homework on Ryan Mallett and it's too bad that the media has been giving him such a bad rap. If anyone actually bothers to do some research and watch some tapes on him, they'll realize that Mallett is the most natural passer in this draft, has VERY GOOD accuracy, and can move in the pocket to evade rushers.

What I also like about Mallett is that he ALWAYS has his eyes down the field and always GOES FOR IT, whereas Gabbert does that little run backwards towards the sidelines thing a la Smith. Also watch the interview with Gruden, sure he sounds all hip hop or whatever, but compare his charting and explanation of the play to that of Jake Locker. Not even close, Gruden was actually interested in what Mallett had to say, whereas he just had this puzzled look when Locker was talking.

I personally would have no problem with Mallett at #7... Harbaugh never said he wanted an ATHLETE at QB, he said he values athletic INSTINCTS. Watch tape of all the highly ranked QBs and tell me who you think looks instinctual playing the game.
No disrespect since making a mock for all teams isn't easy...

But as a niners fan... My LCD TV would have a size 10 boot put through it if we picked Mallett or Cam Newton for that matter at #7

Epic fail imho

but like I said no disrespect

No disrespect since making a mock for all teams isn't easy...

But as a niners fan... My LCD TV would have a size 10 boot put through it if we picked Mallett or Cam Newton for that matter at #7

Epic fail imho

but like I said no disrespect
Hahahahaha! I'm sorry I can't take this serious. I thought I was rewatching this guy's April Fools video.

I 100% agree with your evaluation of Gabbert. Don't know why he's been pumped up so much by Kiper and the bunch.

Mallet would be a great fit for us and here's some other things to consider such as trades and I'm sure most don't consider these in their mocks due to unpredictability:

1. If we want Mallett while higher rated QBs are there, why not trade back a few spots with a team that really wants a CB or Pass Rusher, get more picks and then get Mallett?

2. The bold is something a lot of Niners fans are overlooking. We need immediate help at QB be it Alex Smith if he resigns but what if he doesn't? Then our rookie will need to help us and Harbaugh should be looking for an immediate starter. Also, former QB's will be the first ones to say it is better to start right away and I'm sure there's ways to put rookies in learning situations while becoming immediate starters (2010 Rams) if the HC is smart enough to work it out.

Remember folks, we have CBs and OLB's on our team but we literally have NO QB.

[ Edited by Joecool on Apr 14, 2011 at 9:10 AM ]
Originally posted by chinawildman:
First off, great job and way to stick your neck out on picks that you believe in instead of just obeying the words of Kiper and co. We actually agree on alot of stuff as I think Mallett looks tons better than Gabbert, and also believe that Amukamara is nowhere close to being the prospect that Peterson is.

I've actually been doing quite a bit of homework on Ryan Mallett and it's too bad that the media has been giving him such a bad rap. If anyone actually bothers to do some research and watch some tapes on him, they'll realize that Mallett is the most natural passer in this draft, has VERY GOOD accuracy, and can move in the pocket to evade rushers.

What I also like about Mallett is that he ALWAYS has his eyes down the field and always GOES FOR IT, whereas Gabbert does that little run backwards towards the sidelines thing a la Smith. Also watch the interview with Gruden, sure he sounds all hip hop or whatever, but compare his charting and explanation of the play to that of Jake Locker. Not even close, Gruden was actually interested in what Mallett had to say, whereas he just had this puzzled look when Locker was talking.

I personally would have no problem with Mallett at #7... Harbaugh never said he wanted an ATHLETE at QB, he said he values athletic INSTINCTS. Watch tape of all the highly ranked QBs and tell me who you think looks instinctual playing the game.

Do you actually have access to the "tape" or do you watch it from YouTube? Honest question. I watched most of Mallett's games the past two years and I agree that the guy is talented and that he's more pro ready than Gabbert. He doesn't have as much potential, but the talent level is definitely there. His accuracy is good when given time. That's the key, you have to give him time. Once there is pressure, his accuracy drops and he tends to force passes. He's also not as quick in the pocket as you make it seem. He's long legged and heavy footed. The speed of an NFL defense is going to make a living beating on Mallett unless he has a good o-line in front of him. You say Harbs never said he wanted an "Athletic" QB, and you're right, but he pretty much eluded to it. He's coached Josh Johnson and Andrew Luck, and scouted Blaine Gabbert. All those QBs are pretty athletic. Most of the top QBs in this draft have a pretty high level of athleticism, so why would we settle for the one that is statuesque in the pocket?

Mallett at #7 would be a huge mistake with all the top players available at that spot like Peterson (not likely), Quinn, and Amukamara. Mallett's value, according to some of the big boards from analysts is around the end of the 1st and beginning of the 2nd round. If we really wanted him, we'd try to make a trade back up for him. If not, Quinn/Amukamara in the 1st and Dalton/Kaep in the 2nd is a much better option than Mallett at #7.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
say what

Defense is what we need first
[ Edited by dmax on Apr 14, 2011 at 9:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone