LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 576 users in the forums

Football Gameplan's Mock Draft Video - Final Mock

Good Afternoon Niner Fans! Here's my Final Mock Draft Video!

Enjoy!

Em
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Did not enjoy.
Not a fan. First off, our coach's name is JIM Harbaugh, not John.

Second, I don't see Blaine Gabbert falling that far down the draft especially with all the QB needy teams in the top 15. As for Mallett to the Niners, you must be crazy. I know it's a mock draft and none of us really know what's going to happen, but Harbaugh likes his QBs to have a certain level of athleticism, and I don't believe Mallett has that.

Also, in most draft boards, his stock hovers around the 2nd round. There's much more value picks for the Niners at #7.
Aw man
Wtf was that?
Somebody got caught up with the most overrated attribute of a QB (arm strength).
Would you guys or any team draft Trent Edwards in the Top 15? Would anyone want a QB that takes off at the first sniff of pressure? Does anyone want a QB that will always hit the Checkdown without seeing what's downfield first? I'm sorry, I liked Gabbert the first time I saw him...when his name was Joey Harrington
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by EmDiggy:
Would you guys or any team draft Trent Edwards in the Top 15? Would anyone want a QB that takes off at the first sniff of pressure? Does anyone want a QB that will always hit the Checkdown without seeing what's downfield first? I'm sorry, I liked Gabbert the first time I saw him...when his name was Joey Harrington

oh s**t

We can get Mallett later in the draft no need to reach for him at 7

At the same time we can get better value at qb later on with a guy like dalton, kaepernick, ponder, locker,or even mallet. no need to reach almost a full round for a qb.

I'm not a fan of Gabbert either, but I doubt he falls that far. You may think that way, but according to every analyst on NFLN and ESPN, they guy is a sure fire top 10 pick.
I can also seeing you guys getting Kaepernick.. but if you guys don't get Miller, then I just feel like Mallett fits PERFECTLY with Harbaugh's scheme..
Originally posted by valrod33:

We can get Mallett later in the draft no need to reach for him at 7

Don't think he'd get past Min or Mia
I can also seeing you guys getting Kaepernick.. but if you guys don't get Miller, then I just feel like Mallett fits PERFECTLY with Harbaugh's scheme..

I believe selecting Quinn/Amukamara in the 1st then Kaepernick in the 2nd would prove to be much better value than Mallett in the 1st.
Share 49ersWebzone