There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

John Gruden Quarterback Camp

Originally posted by fakers23:
Dalton to VD connection has a nice ring to it... Although I got a hunch we probably take Kap..

If we take Kaep and Ponder or Dalton is on the board, I'll be doing this...
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Anyone has a link or video!?

Here's a link to part of it.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
I came away with mixed feelings on him (Dalton) following the show last night. He doesnt seem to be as sharp as I assumed and the offensive plays he discussed with Gruden seemed to be very amatuer. When he was on the board explaining plays he seemed unsure of himself and not confident at all. Of course its kind of awkward with the camera in your face and all that really matters is how he plays on the field.

With that being said, I'm impressed with his love of the game and he has proved to be a winner. Just not sure about him, kind of a toss-up. I still want Ponder.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81e85d27/Inside-the-combine-interview-Andy-Dalton

I didn't watch the Gruden interview, but Dalton did struggle with Mariucci on NFL network too. That being said, I still like him as a prospect.
Mallets was interesting. At times he looked irritated with Grudens questions. Gruden even asked Mallet if he was getting upset with him lol. He strikes me as someone who won't be able to handle all the adversity he'll face at the next level..

But Gruden looked impressed when Mallet drew up the play on the whiteboard and explained everything. He did a better job at that then Dalton did imo.
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Mallets was interesting. At times he looked irritated with Grudens questions. Gruden even asked Mallet if he was getting upset with him lol. He strikes me as someone who won't be able to handle all the adversity he'll face at the next level..

But Gruden looked impressed when Mallet drew up the play on the whiteboard and explained everything. He did a better job at that then Dalton did imo.

I really wanna see this.
Dalton is one unimpressive dude in interviews. If there was a way to get Ponder that would be sweet.

Mallett hardly spoke other than the whiteboard. Every other answer was a very non-engaging "yes sir" or "no sir." That was really disappointing. I think he was trying too hard to show "good character" that he didn't come off as any kind of leader at all. When you listen to Dalton, you can tell he's got the attitude of a leader.

Mallett sure has a cannon though. Dang.
[ Edited by ghostrider on Apr 14, 2011 at 10:45 AM ]

Interesting...Mallet strikes me as an unsociable guy, which can be bad since you will have to deal with the media. However, if he can communicate on the field in football terms then that is more important. John Taylor was like that.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I came away with mixed feelings on him (Dalton) following the show last night. He doesnt seem to be as sharp as I assumed and the offensive plays he discussed with Gruden seemed to be very amatuer. When he was on the board explaining plays he seemed unsure of himself and not confident at all. Of course its kind of awkward with the camera in your face and all that really matters is how he plays on the field.

With that being said, I'm impressed with his love of the game and he has proved to be a winner. Just not sure about him, kind of a toss-up. I still want Ponder.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81e85d27/Inside-the-combine-interview-Andy-Dalton

I didn't watch the Gruden interview, but Dalton did struggle with Mariucci on NFL network too. That being said, I still like him as a prospect.

Did you seee the piece ESPN had on Brady6, the part on when Mooch was dealing with Gio? Does anyone think he (Dalton) comes across like that.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Did you seee the piece ESPN had on Brady6, the part on when Mooch was dealing with Gio? Does anyone think he (Dalton) comes across like that.

IMO he didn't come off anything like Gio. It could be the fact that he's not comfortable on camera.
[ Edited by lamontb on Apr 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
OK, I watched both Dalton and Mallet's last night. I don't get at all what any of you are saying negatively about Dalton, just seems like a regular ol' Texas boy to me. Maybe that comes off differently in other parts of the country. Mallet though would scare the hell out of me. Very Leafish, I don't think he'll handle media scrutiny well.
I don't know what it is but last years guys on Grudens show were more impressive. I didn't catch Lockers but the Dalton and Mallet segments were kinda strange.

Who knows if that really means anything tho. I recall reading that TO was socially awkward his first year or two. Like really shy and timid in front of the cameras. And look what happened to him. Ricky Williams too, keeping his helmet on during interviews lol.

Maybe these guys this year are just a little bit nervous and its not a indicator of their character or how they'll handle themselves on the field.

Wonder how Ryan Leaf would of come off on that show
Originally posted by TX9R:
OK, I watched both Dalton and Mallet's last night. I don't get at all what any of you are saying negatively about Dalton, just seems like a regular ol' Texas boy to me. Maybe that comes off differently in other parts of the country. Mallet though would scare the hell out of me. Very Leafish, I don't think he'll handle media scrutiny well.

Damn..beat me to it with Leaf!
Originally posted by TX9R:

you got a link for Mallet's? I missed that one.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Dude, where does all this s**t about Mallett come from? He was extremely impressive in his interview. He was polite, he was great on the whiteboard, he was really listening to what Gruden was saying and was invested in it...Ryan Mallett is going to shock some people when he makes it to the league and his character concerns melt away and he keeps balling out of his mind!