LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

John Gruden Quarterback Camp

WTF? He's a Ginger? DO NOT WANT!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Has Gruden ever said a bad thing about anyone who was on his Quarterback Camp?
Originally posted by Jcool:
Has Gruden ever said a bad thing about anyone who was on his Quarterback Camp?

lol, good point.

Originally posted by TlSSER:

Thanks for the video

His footwork looked pretty good and those two throws during practice with Gruden looked very good.
I don't get ESPN U, but I loved watching these last year.

After watching last year's, I came away thinking Colt McCoy was the best NFL QB between McCoy, Tebow, and Clausen. Since that seems to be the case, I'd love to watch this year's.

If anyone finds somewhere to watch it online please post it. I'd love to see it.
Never mind. Some updated the youtube movie in this thread and I watched the whole thing.

Locker at 7. FTW!

Actually, if we could trade back and get him I'd be super happy. I think he has as good a chance as Gabbert and Newton to succeed in the NFL.
Just watched the Andy Dalton show. Pretty Impressed. Liked everything the kid had to say. Granted, Gruden throws softballs and loves QBs, but there was nothing not to like about that kid.

Putting it in the perspective of if you could interview someone at the combine or a pro day, he had all the right answers. Locker impressed me more than I expected him to, but he still seemed kind of dumb jockish. Dalton seems to get "it". Wouldn't mid grabbing him at all.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Just watched the Andy Dalton show. Pretty Impressed. Liked everything the kid had to say. Granted, Gruden throws softballs and loves QBs, but there was nothing not to like about that kid.

Putting it in the perspective of if you could interview someone at the combine or a pro day, he had all the right answers. Locker impressed me more than I expected him to, but he still seemed kind of dumb jockish. Dalton seems to get "it". Wouldn't mid grabbing him at all.

Definitely some softballs and Dalton gave some PC answers but one thing you can tell for sure is that Dalton is a firey guy on the field and demands a lot of himself and his teammates. I was impressed.
Originally posted by ghostrider:

Definitely some softballs and Dalton gave some PC answers but one thing you can tell for sure is that Dalton is a firey guy on the field and demands a lot of himself and his teammates. I was impressed.

It's the red hair.

I came away with mixed feelings on him (Dalton) following the show last night. He doesnt seem to be as sharp as I assumed and the offensive plays he discussed with Gruden seemed to be very amatuer. When he was on the board explaining plays he seemed unsure of himself and not confident at all. Of course its kind of awkward with the camera in your face and all that really matters is how he plays on the field.

With that being said, I'm impressed with his love of the game and he has proved to be a winner. Just not sure about him, kind of a toss-up. I still want Ponder.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
I came away with mixed feelings on him (Dalton) following the show last night. He doesnt seem to be as sharp as I assumed and the offensive plays he discussed with Gruden seemed to be very amatuer. When he was on the board explaining plays he seemed unsure of himself and not confident at all. Of course its kind of awkward with the camera in your face and all that really matters is how he plays on the field.

With that being said, I'm impressed with his love of the game and he has proved to be a winner. Just not sure about him, kind of a toss-up. I still want Ponder.

Actually agree with most of what you said here.

Yea I noticed that as well.

And folks of course Gruden is gonna throw softballs. These guys agents wouldn't let them go on the show if they thought they were gonna be grilled heavily.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by ghostrider:

It's the red hair.

His personality is so firey it physically manifests itself!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Actually agree with most of what you said here.

I think that stuff is highly overrated. Alex Smith is probably a whiz on the chalkboard. I'm much more concerned with field vision and the ability to make a quick decision, that's what seperated Joe from everyone else. In the handful of TCU games I watched, Dalton seemed pretty good at those things. I prefer Dalton to just about all the prospects, Ponders medical just scares me.
Share 49ersWebzone