There are 184 users in the forums

Wonderlic scores for the QBs

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
I wonder what Dalton got. They listed the top QB scores in one of the articles and Dalton's wasn't there but Ponder was at 35.

Saw a number in the mid 20s but do not remember the source.

Edit: Found it--29.

Source

Thanks. It is above average.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Newton gets a solid score on the test and you guys still find a way to discount it. Figures.

not really solid, but better than expected.

expected by who?

I told you guys over a week ago that he was hitting 21-23 in his practice tests(reported from the same guy who gave Caddi williams and jason cambells practice scores)

He landed EXACTLY were anyone that was actually FOLLOWING him expected his to land.

He actually DID TIE his LOWEST score at the NFL combine...So it was ACTUALLY LOWER then what HE EXPECTED....

"word on the Auburn forums is he was landing around 21-23 on his practice tests

no idea what his nfl test landed at."

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=150947&page=37

he did fine all things considered.... I bet if he TOOK it enough times... HE WOULD give you the 24 or 27 or whatever number you need to feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Since you have NO IDEA how many people have taken the test 10-20 plus time in prep for the NFL run threw...... I am SURE you can understand how it MEANS almost nothing.

You do not become SMARTER because you been exposed to familiar Questions Dozens of times.

Even if that is what the test SAYS you have become.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Newton gets a solid score on the test and you guys still find a way to discount it. Figures.

expected by who?

I told you guys over a week ago that he was hitting 21-23 in his practice tests(reported from the same guy who gave Caddi williams and jason cambells practice scores)

He landed EXACTLY were anyone that was actually FOLLOWING him expected his to land.

He actually DID TIE his LOWEST score at the NFL combine...So it was ACTUALLY LOWER then what HE EXPECTED....

he did fine all things considered.... I bet if he TOOK it enough times... HE WOULD give you the 24 or 27 or whatever number you need to feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Since you have NO IDEA how many people have taken the test 10-20 plus time in prep for the NFL run threw...... I am SURE you can understand how it MEANS almost nothing.

You do not become SMARTER because you been exposed to familiar Questions Dozens of times.

, THAT post was HILARIOUS, thanks. I NEEDED a LAUGH.

expected by who?

Seriously lol, exposing ones self to material until it becomes familiar is what becoming smarter is all about. You are exposed until it is familiar and 2nd nature, hence intelligence gained......

Millions of kids go through that exact process every day lol, it's called learning. The fact that Newton scored lower than his practices shows an inability to retain knowledge imo
Originally posted by WINiner:

expected by who?

Seriously lol, exposing ones self to material until it becomes familiar is what becoming smarter is all about. You are exposed until it is familiar and 2nd nature, hence intelligence gained......

Millions of kids go through that exact process every day lol, it's called learning. The fact that Newton scored lower than his practices shows an inability to retain knowledge imo

not as pertains to being an nfl QB.
I could score a 10 in farsi or a 20....i could study a year and score a 50....it will not make me a better chemical engineer.

The concept....of the wonderlic is to

Force the dominate sides of your brain to transistion from left to right. Follow predictions by spatial awareness by reasoning.

If you had unlimited time for your brain to move from left to right , anyone would do fine on those tests.

You defeat the test by MEMORIZING the 300 or so total answers to the test...or enough of them that your MIND DOES NOT SHIFT for the majority of the test.

We have used the test for 15 years in human resources , I Will outscore 95% of the lawyers that will take it , You do not want me to represent you in a court of law....why? Because the test has NOTHING to do with law.

JUST AS the test has NOTHING to do with being an NFL QB.

If you were to give it one time and ONE TIME ONLY....IT WOULD tell you how fast the person being tested could correctly respond to different situations. But with millions of dollars at stake , you DO NOT GET THAT with NFL players when they take the test....most of them are recalling the answer from memory...NOT solving the problems before them.

So... am I a 32? or am I a 45? Do you think there is ANY difference?

If you generated 400 new questions and gave me the test again do you think my ability to solve problems is better or worse from the last time i took the test?

[ Edited by Dshearn on Mar 20, 2011 at 12:29:00 ]
I could score a 10 in farsi or a 20....i could study a year and score a 50....it will not make me a better chemical engineer.

The concept....of the wonderlic is to

Force the dominate sides of your brain to transistion from left to right. Follow predictions by spatial awareness by reasoning.

If you had unlimited time for your brain to move from left to right , anyone would do fine on those tests.

You defeat the test by MEMORIZING the 300 or so total answers to the test...or enough of them that your MIND DOES NOT SHIFT for the majority of the test.

We have used the test for 15 years in human resources , I Will outscore 95% of the lawyers that will take it , You do not want me to represent you in a court of law....why? Because the test has NOTHING to do with law.

If you were to give it one time and ONE TIME ONLY....IT WOULD tell you how fast the person being tested could correctly respond to different situations. But with millions of dollars at stake , you DO NOT GET THAT with NFL players when they take the test....most of them are recalling the answer from memory...NOT solving the problems before them.

So... am I a 32? or am I a 45? Do you think there is ANY difference?

If you generated 400 new questions and gave me the test again do you think my ability to solve problems is better or worse from the last time i took the test?

If a NFL prospect spent that much time trying to manipulate the system to make himself look smarter chances are he's guy you want on your team. We're not talking about chemicial engineers here.

If he's putting in alot of time to do well on the wonderlic I don't think it's a stretch to say he's going to put that time in film work as well.

Cam scored a 21. Like Tebow and Claussen it's sub standard but it's not anything to get stressed about.

expected by who?

Your responce is what its wrong with the school system.

Knowing the answer is not the point.

understanding the question is.

The modern NFL disagrees.

The modern NFL disagrees.

Does it?

When did the NFL tell you that?

Or do you mean on field performance like QBs that have played in the last few years?

Like probowls?

3x matt hasselbeck(23)

3X MARK BRUNELL (22)

11x brett farve (22)

4x mike vick(20)

3x dante cullpepper (18)

6x Donan Mcnabb (16)

2x Vince Young(15)

1x david garrard (14)

Or maybe You mean like HALL OF FAME TYPE QBs

Joe Montana (21)

Steve Mcnair (18)

Dan Marino (15)

Randel Cunningham (15)

Jim Kelly (14)

terry bradshaw (13)

I doubt terry bradshaw scored that high
Originally posted by valrod33:

Originally posted by valrod33:

The test marino montana and bradshaw took is long gone....i never saw it....

If you marked just A on every thing you should score a 10 or better.
  • Ether
  • Veteran

expected by who?

If you understand the question, chances are you'll know the answer.
Originally posted by Ether:

expected by who?

If you understand the question, chances are you'll know the answer.

exactly.......the point of testing.

But If I just memorize answers what do i know?

[ Edited by Dshearn on Mar 23, 2011 at 19:03:13 ]
Share 49ersWebzone