LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Decison Time: Von vs Prince at 7

Decison Time: Von vs Prince at 7

Peterson at FS
I'll take Von even though we do need corners bad. I wouldn't mind if we traded up to get Dequan Bowers.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
I know Miller was on fire during Senior Bowl, but I watched a lot of SEC games and he just didn't seem dominating on big games that I watched. Patrick Peterson on the other hand could help on special teams awesome KR/PR and is a potential #1 CB for us.

Well, problem 1 is you was watching the wrong conference. But since you mentioned the SEC. Had a sack verus Mallett. Plus a hit that forced an interception.

Versus LSU in the cotton bowl. 9 tackles, 3 tackles for loss and a sack.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I'm holding 100% judgement until after the combine
This is one of the few polls that I've never answered and just hit "results". I'm with the first dude who's awaiting the combine numbers
Originally posted by YungAce:
This is one of the few polls that I've never answered and just hit "results". I'm with the first dude who's awaiting the combine numbers

Plus there could be free agency. Long shot but if we got Nnamdi or Joseph then that would sway my favor to OLB like Quinn, possibly Miller.

I think where in a good spot kind of like how we where at 10 in 09. I liked Raji, Crabtree, Oher and Orakpo. Either way we would have been right.... just some more than others.

Even if no QBs are taken we would still can get a great defensive player. If a couple of QBs go then we have an even bigger selection of great D players.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
A good pass rusher will improve the play of the entire secondary while a good CB will improve only one position.

Assuming both are of relative equal value after the combine, and fit within 2 or 3 value spots of #7, you have to take the pass rusher.

Agreed, are there any Reggie Whites or Bruce Smiths out there?
rather get quinn
Casey Matthews will be available in the second round.
Miller vs. prince isn't that compelling of an argument. Miller vs. Peterson however...

• mike
  • Veteran
People knock on miller's size but clay matthews was drafted at nearly the same weight(240). Roid him up like matthews and he'll be fine hahah.

The idea of him pairing up with willis, would be incredible.
Its Miller Time.
Just finished reading Press Democrat article regarding huge drop-off of pass rushing OLB after 1st round. For me that moves both Miller and Quinn ahead of Prince. More talent at CB in rounds 2 and 3.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Its Miller Time.

Dude you took my line
Originally posted by txniner2:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Its Miller Time.

Dude you took my line

nO YOU THOUGHT IT i SAID IT 50/50
Share 49ersWebzone