LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 268 users in the forums

Decison Time: Von vs Prince at 7

Decison Time: Von vs Prince at 7

Both drastically improved our 2 biggest needs on Defense which one would you choose
prince hands down
  • dj43
A good pass rusher will improve the play of the entire secondary while a good CB will improve only one position.

Assuming both are of relative equal value after the combine, and fit within 2 or 3 value spots of #7, you have to take the pass rusher.
If we were playing a 4-3 I'd say Miller. In a 3-4 given his size I would vote for Prince.
I'm holding 100% judgement until after the combine
Originally posted by jreff22:

Quit trying to be so sensible. This is the Webzone.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Von Miller. Its time we stop messing around and fix our pass-rush. We can fix our secondary with a stop gap in free agency.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Von Miller. Its time we stop messing around and fix our pass-rush. We can fix our secondary with a stop gap in free agency.

Agree. I want a pass rush!
This is hard.

I've seen Prince get raped against the WR from OSU. and projecting a good OLB is hard to do.

My final decision will be based on the depth of the CB class. I think we can go with Miller in the first and get a quality corner in the 2nd rd.

I think I still like Robert Quinn more though.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If we were playing a 4-3 I'd say Miller. In a 3-4 given his size I would vote for Prince.

This!

Von Miller will not run through blockers at the next level. He'll be another fast guy that gets neutralized as soon as he's touched. Pass on that one.

Amukamara is the easy choice for this D... but I'd still rather Quinn.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Quit trying to be so sensible. This is the Webzone.

We're getting Peterson anyways
It all depends on what happens before the draft.

If we restructure nate's contract we can afford to go with a pass rusher, if not we need to take Prince.

However, if Peterson is still on the board, we make that pick in about 3 seconds.
There seems to be quite a few corners this draft and who says we need the best of the best corners. IMO Von Miller or Quinn would do more overall for the team then get the best corner. Like many have said I think a good free agent corner plus some good pick should keep us in good shape. A top notch pass rusher could really push this defense over the top. This has been a percieved weakness for a long time and yet we have done well. I am not so sure that Haralson was as weak as percieved. He had a very high amount of pass hurries I believe. Just having extra zip on the pass rush in rotation would help immensely and the offense being stronger in itself should boost defensive performance. I hope we get another good runningback to supplement our guys. I think we will need them. Instead of a fullback, I would target a better runningback as our tight ends could and did fill that role last year.
I'd take Prince in a heartbeat if we were a cover-2 team.

Since we're not and we haven't seen the combine, I'll go with Miller.
Between Miller and Prince, I go Miller. Now, if it's between Miller and Peterson, I go Peterson. P2 is either going to be a lock-down type of CB or at worst, be an all-pro, ball-hawking FS for you.
Share 49ersWebzone