There are 752 users in the forums
SWAGG Filled Rankings: Post Senior Bowl Week
Browse 49ers books and videos
Jan 30, 2011 at 11:40 PM
- 4ML
- Veteran
- Posts: 53,673
Cocaine is not a vitamin.
Jan 30, 2011 at 11:45 PM
- chico49erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,961
One thing is for sure:
Swagg is getting slapped around like a red headed step-child for these rankings.
Swagg is getting slapped around like a red headed step-child for these rankings.
Jan 30, 2011 at 11:47 PM
- RollinWith21n52
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,948
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:Originally posted by RedWaltz24:Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:Originally posted by RedWaltz24:Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
For real dude?
You honestly think the Panthers, who need a quality QB, should take Stanzi #1?
Where did i say that? These are just how good i believe the players are. I'm not saying Stanzi should be #1 pick because i don't know how other NFL teams feel about the qb crop, and neither do you.
BUT
If i were in the position i am, not being in other teams war rooms, this is how i'd rate the players. Sorry i'm not you. Sorry Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, ETC aren't who i look to for my opinion. Form your own bruh! Don't be a follower. Be your own person. I believe in you.
LMAO
Given that you you just basically summarized the slogan of counter-culturalism, something tells me that you aren't original, but try so hard to "follow" those who are.
Anyway, if you actually followed the instruction of your English teacher in regards to sentence comprehension instead of following yourself, you would have understood what I was inferring with my post.
I said that YOU think the Panthers should draft Stanzi #1 overall. Nowhere did I mention what the Panthers themselves think they should draft with the #1 overall pick. And you confirmed my statement with your response. Thank you.
In the future, try to follow along a little closer and stop trying to sit high on your horse as if you are something special.
What's your deal?
Sorry, but I got a little frustrated with your response, because you came off as belittling of those who disagree with your position.
By the responses of disbelief you are getting from others, you can't surprised that people aren't taking your draft rankings seriously. But, you can say whatever you wish, no one will stop you.
I apologize for being rude. Sometimes people say stupid things when they are frustrated.
I'm not belittling anyone. I just truly believe what my eyes tell me. I also truly believe that if we were all deaf to the world of pundits, there is no way that someone could truly look at a guy like Gabbert and say that he's better than Stanzi. The stats don't back it, the film doesn't back it, and HE LOST IN THE HEAD TO HEAD. Just sayin.
Watched the game. Stanzi isn't in the same world as Gabbert. I'm not crazy about Gabbert, but Stanzi was extremely unimpressive in that game. Bruh.
Jan 30, 2011 at 11:59 PM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
^^ Exactly...head-to-head, here's the statline for the Insight Bowl:
Stanzi - 11/21, 200 yards, 52% completion, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 113 passer rating
Gabbert - 41/57, 434 yards, 72% completion, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 135 passer rating
But SWAGG's eyes told him that Stanzi is the better QB, and the stats back it up.
Stanzi - 11/21, 200 yards, 52% completion, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 113 passer rating
Gabbert - 41/57, 434 yards, 72% completion, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 135 passer rating
But SWAGG's eyes told him that Stanzi is the better QB, and the stats back it up.
Jan 31, 2011 at 12:14 AM
- 4ML
- Veteran
- Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ Exactly...head-to-head, here's the statline for the Insight Bowl:
Stanzi - 11/21, 200 yards, 52% completion, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 113 passer rating
Gabbert - 41/57, 434 yards, 72% completion, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 135 passer rating
But SWAGG's eyes told him that Stanzi is the better QB, and the stats back it up.
I honestly think he is just tryin' to get a reaction from ppl.
Jan 31, 2011 at 1:10 AM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ Exactly...head-to-head, here's the statline for the Insight Bowl:
Stanzi - 11/21, 200 yards, 52% completion, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 113 passer rating
Gabbert - 41/57, 434 yards, 72% completion, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 135 passer rating
But SWAGG's eyes told him that Stanzi is the better QB, and the stats back it up.
I honestly think he is just tryin' to get a reaction from ppl.
Jan 31, 2011 at 7:19 AM
- m_brockalexander
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,379
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:Originally posted by m_brockalexander:Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:Originally posted by m_brockalexander:Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Are you kidding?
Are you kidding asking me if i'm kidding?
Ricki Stanzi #1? Why do you think I asked you? The guy isn't even in the top 5 prospects at his own position (Gabbert, Mallett, Newton, Locker and Ponder) and you rank him #1 overall. What are you smoking? Better yet, make a compelling argument why his Senior Bowl performance moves him to the #1 spot among QB's, much less everyone else.
I had him ranked #1 before the senior bowl.
To say he's not the best at his own position is just an opinion of draft pundits.
You didn't know who Gabbert was 2 months ago, or that the pundits would rank him the #1qb. Look at his film. Look at his stats. Nothing suggests he's good let alone great.
We'll see in 3 yrs. Stanzi will prove it all on the field.
Answer the question...............WHY do you have him ranked #1 of anything?
- Leadership is off the charts.
- Flawless mechanics
- Runs a pro style system
- Can make all the throws
- Excellent mobility, feet, pocket awareness
- Huge improvement Jr. to Sr. year (very important in my eyes)
- Moxie
- Very accurate on the run/rollout
- Comeback Kid. Doesn't let mistakes or negative things affect him.
- Bit of a gunslinger in a good way, meaning he'll give his wr's a chance to make a play
Are you his agent or a relative? You make some claims about him that are apparently backed up by his coach Kirk Ferentz (Leadership, moxie, and improvement), but other things came up in Senior Bowl practices that are in conflict to what you believe:
01/27/11 - SENIOR BOWL PRACTICE, WEDNESDAY: Stanzi's practice was very similar to Locker's. He came up short on multiple passes when his receiver was in perfect position to receive the throw and sailed the ball on seam passes. He is able to stand tall and deliver a tight ball from the pocket, which will entice teams who like his 6-foot-4, 221-pound frame and starting experience. - NFLDraftScout.com
01/25/11 - SENIOR BOWL PRACTICE, TUESDAY: Stanzi threw one ball into the turf when running to his left, but connected on an intermediate out route while escaping the pocket against closing defensive end Cameron Jordan (Cal), who probably would have brought him down on the play if in a game situation. Stanzi looked off safeties throwing out routes, which is a rare sight at Senior Bowl practices. - Chad Reuter, NFLDraftScout.com
01/24/11 - SENIOR BOWL PRACTICE, MONDAY: Iowa quarterback Ricky Stanzi doesn't possess Locker's athletic upside or Kaepernick's arm strength. His instincts and consistency make him one of the better "second tier" quarterbacks in this class. Stanzi, wearing a bright yellow helmet Monday, chose to pepper the defense with underneath passes too often for scouts' liking, but that can hardly be considered a surprise considering the ball-control offense he ran at Iowa. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
Looking at what happened on the field against the highest level of competition, he showed that he has some game, but #1 prospect material? That's a stretch.......
Jan 31, 2011 at 7:48 AM
- strickac
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,176
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ Exactly...head-to-head, here's the statline for the Insight Bowl:
Stanzi - 11/21, 200 yards, 52% completion, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 113 passer rating
Gabbert - 41/57, 434 yards, 72% completion, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 135 passer rating
But SWAGG's eyes told him that Stanzi is the better QB, and the stats back it up.
I'm missing the point. Those stats are nearly the same. Gabbert threw 57 passes out of the spread. He better have 400 yds passing. Stanzi threw half as many attempts and they both threw some Ints. I'd say neither had impressive numbers. I didn't watch the game either though.
SWAGG, I think you put to much emphasis on the Senior Bowl. There were only a handful of projected 1st rounders there, so it wasn't exactly a real display of competition among the elite players coming out. It was just a few of them.
While I don't agree with your rankings, I like to see different opinions. I would just recommend that you just take a step back and not try to justify yourself to the mob. You won't change people's mind here. Pick your battles wisely. Convincing people that Stanzi and Ponder should be the top prospects is an uphill battle, to say the least.
For the record, I think Gabbert is severely overrated. He has some nice physical tools, but he hasn't been tested under center and he had a very QB-friendly offense. Draft gurus appears to be giving him a bye and crowning him, for lack of better options. I think he'll be heavily scrutinized during workouts in the coming months. Teams are going to make him earn it.
Jan 31, 2011 at 8:47 AM
- Ninerjohn
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,443
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ Exactly...head-to-head, here's the statline for the Insight Bowl:
Stanzi - 11/21, 200 yards, 52% completion, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 113 passer rating
Gabbert - 41/57, 434 yards, 72% completion, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 135 passer rating
But SWAGG's eyes told him that Stanzi is the better QB, and the stats back it up.
I honestly think he is just tryin' to get a reaction from ppl.
Some people just need attention. I agree with you on this one. You couldnt find anyone in the country other than Stanzi's parents and Ponder's parents that would put them as 1-2 in the country in the prospect rankings.
Jan 31, 2011 at 8:49 AM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
Originally posted by strickac:Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ Exactly...head-to-head, here's the statline for the Insight Bowl:
Stanzi - 11/21, 200 yards, 52% completion, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 113 passer rating
Gabbert - 41/57, 434 yards, 72% completion, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 135 passer rating
But SWAGG's eyes told him that Stanzi is the better QB, and the stats back it up.
I'm missing the point. Those stats are nearly the same. Gabbert threw 57 passes out of the spread. He better have 400 yds passing. Stanzi threw half as many attempts and they both threw some Ints. I'd say neither had impressive numbers. I didn't watch the game either though.
SWAGG, I think you put to much emphasis on the Senior Bowl. There were only a handful of projected 1st rounders there, so it wasn't exactly a real display of competition among the elite players coming out. It was just a few of them.
While I don't agree with your rankings, I like to see different opinions. I would just recommend that you just take a step back and not try to justify yourself to the mob. You won't change people's mind here. Pick your battles wisely. Convincing people that Stanzi and Ponder should be the top prospects is an uphill battle, to say the least.
For the record, I think Gabbert is severely overrated. He has some nice physical tools, but he hasn't been tested under center and he had a very QB-friendly offense. Draft gurus appears to be giving him a bye and crowning him, for lack of better options. I think he'll be heavily scrutinized during workouts in the coming months. Teams are going to make him earn it.
You don't see a difference in completing 72% of your passes versus 52%? The first pick Gabbert threw in that game was dropped/tipped by his TE in the end zone. His only real mistake of the game was a killer late in the 4th; a bad decision thrown right to a defender who took it to the house for the eventual game-winning score. That was all bad.
But, instead of moping about it, Gabbert came right back and marched his team down the field and was close to getting them in field goal range to tie the score. He completed a 4th down pass to the sideline which was thought to initially give them a first down and extend the drive...but it was ruled the WR bobbled it as he hit the ground (replay was inconclusive, but the refs called it a no-catch anyway).
IMO, if you looked at some of the throws made by Gabbert and compared them to what Stanzi was doing, it wasn't even close. Gabbert was throwing lasers all over the field, from one boundary to the other on a rope, all night. Now, I like Stanzi a lot and think he has a chance of being a very good NFL QB, but he's just not in the same conversation with Gabbert in terms of skill-set and potential....and I think you'll find a consensus of opinion out there that is in agreement.
Jan 31, 2011 at 8:51 AM
- miked1978
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,612
Mind = blown
I'm on Christian Ponders nuts just as much as anyone else and I even shook the man's hand last Friday but I sure in the hell don't have him #2.
I'm on Christian Ponders nuts just as much as anyone else and I even shook the man's hand last Friday but I sure in the hell don't have him #2.
Jan 31, 2011 at 9:08 AM
- strickac
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,176
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:Originally posted by strickac:Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ Exactly...head-to-head, here's the statline for the Insight Bowl:
Stanzi - 11/21, 200 yards, 52% completion, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 113 passer rating
Gabbert - 41/57, 434 yards, 72% completion, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 135 passer rating
But SWAGG's eyes told him that Stanzi is the better QB, and the stats back it up.
I'm missing the point. Those stats are nearly the same. Gabbert threw 57 passes out of the spread. He better have 400 yds passing. Stanzi threw half as many attempts and they both threw some Ints. I'd say neither had impressive numbers. I didn't watch the game either though.
SWAGG, I think you put to much emphasis on the Senior Bowl. There were only a handful of projected 1st rounders there, so it wasn't exactly a real display of competition among the elite players coming out. It was just a few of them.
While I don't agree with your rankings, I like to see different opinions. I would just recommend that you just take a step back and not try to justify yourself to the mob. You won't change people's mind here. Pick your battles wisely. Convincing people that Stanzi and Ponder should be the top prospects is an uphill battle, to say the least.
For the record, I think Gabbert is severely overrated. He has some nice physical tools, but he hasn't been tested under center and he had a very QB-friendly offense. Draft gurus appears to be giving him a bye and crowning him, for lack of better options. I think he'll be heavily scrutinized during workouts in the coming months. Teams are going to make him earn it.
You don't see a difference in completing 72% of your passes versus 52%? The first pick Gabbert threw in that game was dropped/tipped by his TE in the end zone. His only real mistake of the game was a killer late in the 4th; a bad decision thrown right to a defender who took it to the house for the eventual game-winning score. That was all bad.
But, instead of moping about it, Gabbert came right back and marched his team down the field and was close to getting them in field goal range to tie the score. He completed a 4th down pass to the sideline which was thought to initially give them a first down and extend the drive...but it was ruled the WR bobbled it as he hit the ground (replay was inconclusive, but the refs called it a no-catch anyway).
IMO, if you looked at some of the throws made by Gabbert and compared them to what Stanzi was doing, it wasn't even close. Gabbert was throwing lasers all over the field, from one boundary to the other on a rope, all night. Now, I like Stanzi a lot and think he has a chance of being a very good NFL QB, but he's just not in the same conversation with Gabbert in terms of skill-set and potential....and I think you'll find a consensus of opinion out there that is in agreement.
I'm not a Stanzi fan. I think he's backup in the NFL. His awareness is his biggest strength, which is a nice thing though.
As a Colorado fan, I've seen my share of Gabbert and I see him as a system QB. His numbers are inflated. He has the physical tools, but he's unproven, IMO.
I'm not saying he won't be good in a pro-set, he just needs to prove it. He had the luxery of playing in deep shotgun and having 3 or 4 WRs spread out. He didn't worry about dropping back (as with many/most college QBs) and he always had a quick, easy option to dump it to. It inflated his completion percentage and didn't require that he read defenses or necessarily go through his progressions.
I just feel that his high draft rating is risky. Compared to previous years, I don't think he stacks up very well as the #1 QB prospect. That my concern with Gabbert.
Jan 31, 2011 at 9:40 AM
- DonnieDarko
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,829
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:Originally posted by SourdoughDan:Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
You really grade Ricky Stanzi () as the best player in this draft...wave goodbye to any credibility you had!
He was arguably the best QB during the Senior Bowl practices. QB is the most important position in the NFL. Pretty simple grade.
You could argue a few of those guys there were the best QB depending on what sources you trusted. It is the most important position, I agree, but Ricky Stanzi is nothing more than a developmental 3rd round pick kind of guy (at best). Did you watch him this season??? He is extremely underwhelming as a prospect.
25td's and 6ints. 64% comp. Thats a fantastic season. Especially considering Iowa doesn't have very many weapons, if any. He ran one of the better pro-style offenses in the nation. A conservative one at that. To say he's an underwhelming prospect is ludicrous and i'd have to call into question your eye for talent.
And who may i ask do you think is the best qb in this draft?
Stats aren't everything man... Did you see him play? His arm is decent, he gets flustered easily, and he is the check down king. I liked him earlier in the season and watched every game I could of his but he never played well enough to have me consider him a prospect with a chance to be a legit starter. Lmao at you questioning my eye for talent when you rank Ricky and Christian number one and two on your big board!!! Now THAT is ludicrous!! I don't know who my favorite qb is but I know newton, mallet, gabbert, Dalton, locker, and ponder at least are better than him. Get real.
Locker is better?? Locker????? I think you need to get real
Jan 31, 2011 at 9:42 AM
- GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 30,082
Originally posted by strickac:Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:Originally posted by strickac:Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ Exactly...head-to-head, here's the statline for the Insight Bowl:
Stanzi - 11/21, 200 yards, 52% completion, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 113 passer rating
Gabbert - 41/57, 434 yards, 72% completion, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 135 passer rating
But SWAGG's eyes told him that Stanzi is the better QB, and the stats back it up.
I'm missing the point. Those stats are nearly the same. Gabbert threw 57 passes out of the spread. He better have 400 yds passing. Stanzi threw half as many attempts and they both threw some Ints. I'd say neither had impressive numbers. I didn't watch the game either though.
SWAGG, I think you put to much emphasis on the Senior Bowl. There were only a handful of projected 1st rounders there, so it wasn't exactly a real display of competition among the elite players coming out. It was just a few of them.
While I don't agree with your rankings, I like to see different opinions. I would just recommend that you just take a step back and not try to justify yourself to the mob. You won't change people's mind here. Pick your battles wisely. Convincing people that Stanzi and Ponder should be the top prospects is an uphill battle, to say the least.
For the record, I think Gabbert is severely overrated. He has some nice physical tools, but he hasn't been tested under center and he had a very QB-friendly offense. Draft gurus appears to be giving him a bye and crowning him, for lack of better options. I think he'll be heavily scrutinized during workouts in the coming months. Teams are going to make him earn it.
You don't see a difference in completing 72% of your passes versus 52%? The first pick Gabbert threw in that game was dropped/tipped by his TE in the end zone. His only real mistake of the game was a killer late in the 4th; a bad decision thrown right to a defender who took it to the house for the eventual game-winning score. That was all bad.
But, instead of moping about it, Gabbert came right back and marched his team down the field and was close to getting them in field goal range to tie the score. He completed a 4th down pass to the sideline which was thought to initially give them a first down and extend the drive...but it was ruled the WR bobbled it as he hit the ground (replay was inconclusive, but the refs called it a no-catch anyway).
IMO, if you looked at some of the throws made by Gabbert and compared them to what Stanzi was doing, it wasn't even close. Gabbert was throwing lasers all over the field, from one boundary to the other on a rope, all night. Now, I like Stanzi a lot and think he has a chance of being a very good NFL QB, but he's just not in the same conversation with Gabbert in terms of skill-set and potential....and I think you'll find a consensus of opinion out there that is in agreement.
I'm not a Stanzi fan. I think he's backup in the NFL. His awareness is his biggest strength, which is a nice thing though.
As a Colorado fan, I've seen my share of Gabbert and I see him as a system QB. His numbers are inflated. He has the physical tools, but he's unproven, IMO.
I'm not saying he won't be good in a pro-set, he just needs to prove it. He had the luxery of playing in deep shotgun and having 3 or 4 WRs spread out. He didn't worry about dropping back (as with many/most college QBs) and he always had a quick, easy option to dump it to. It inflated his completion percentage and didn't require that he read defenses or necessarily go through his progressions.
I just feel that his high draft rating is risky. Compared to previous years, I don't think he stacks up very well as the #1 QB prospect. That my concern with Gabbert.
Sounds like you're decribing the west coast offense. Yes, he'll have to learn how to work through his progressions, but it's not like he (or any other rookie QB) will be starting anytime soon. I think it's important to see any QB not for what they are now, but what they could be in 2-3+ years with proper coaching (and we now have proper coaching).
IMO, when this process is done, Gabbert will emerge as the clear-cut #1, and will be worthy of a top 10-15 pick, which will make him difficult to pass at #7. I think people here are so scared off because of Alex, they just lump all young, "spread-style" QBs into the same category.
Jan 31, 2011 at 9:44 AM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,409
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:Originally posted by strickac:Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:Originally posted by strickac:Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ Exactly...head-to-head, here's the statline for the Insight Bowl:
Stanzi - 11/21, 200 yards, 52% completion, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 113 passer rating
Gabbert - 41/57, 434 yards, 72% completion, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 135 passer rating
But SWAGG's eyes told him that Stanzi is the better QB, and the stats back it up.
I'm missing the point. Those stats are nearly the same. Gabbert threw 57 passes out of the spread. He better have 400 yds passing. Stanzi threw half as many attempts and they both threw some Ints. I'd say neither had impressive numbers. I didn't watch the game either though.
SWAGG, I think you put to much emphasis on the Senior Bowl. There were only a handful of projected 1st rounders there, so it wasn't exactly a real display of competition among the elite players coming out. It was just a few of them.
While I don't agree with your rankings, I like to see different opinions. I would just recommend that you just take a step back and not try to justify yourself to the mob. You won't change people's mind here. Pick your battles wisely. Convincing people that Stanzi and Ponder should be the top prospects is an uphill battle, to say the least.
For the record, I think Gabbert is severely overrated. He has some nice physical tools, but he hasn't been tested under center and he had a very QB-friendly offense. Draft gurus appears to be giving him a bye and crowning him, for lack of better options. I think he'll be heavily scrutinized during workouts in the coming months. Teams are going to make him earn it.
You don't see a difference in completing 72% of your passes versus 52%? The first pick Gabbert threw in that game was dropped/tipped by his TE in the end zone. His only real mistake of the game was a killer late in the 4th; a bad decision thrown right to a defender who took it to the house for the eventual game-winning score. That was all bad.
But, instead of moping about it, Gabbert came right back and marched his team down the field and was close to getting them in field goal range to tie the score. He completed a 4th down pass to the sideline which was thought to initially give them a first down and extend the drive...but it was ruled the WR bobbled it as he hit the ground (replay was inconclusive, but the refs called it a no-catch anyway).
IMO, if you looked at some of the throws made by Gabbert and compared them to what Stanzi was doing, it wasn't even close. Gabbert was throwing lasers all over the field, from one boundary to the other on a rope, all night. Now, I like Stanzi a lot and think he has a chance of being a very good NFL QB, but he's just not in the same conversation with Gabbert in terms of skill-set and potential....and I think you'll find a consensus of opinion out there that is in agreement.
I'm not a Stanzi fan. I think he's backup in the NFL. His awareness is his biggest strength, which is a nice thing though.
As a Colorado fan, I've seen my share of Gabbert and I see him as a system QB. His numbers are inflated. He has the physical tools, but he's unproven, IMO.
I'm not saying he won't be good in a pro-set, he just needs to prove it. He had the luxery of playing in deep shotgun and having 3 or 4 WRs spread out. He didn't worry about dropping back (as with many/most college QBs) and he always had a quick, easy option to dump it to. It inflated his completion percentage and didn't require that he read defenses or necessarily go through his progressions.
I just feel that his high draft rating is risky. Compared to previous years, I don't think he stacks up very well as the #1 QB prospect. That my concern with Gabbert.
Sounds like you're decribing the west coast offense. Yes, he'll have to learn how to work through his progressions, but it's not like he (or any other rookie QB) will be starting anytime soon. I think it's important to see any QB not for what they are now, but what they could be in 2-3+ years with proper coaching (and we now have proper coaching).
IMO, when this process is done, Gabbert will emerge as the clear-cut #1, and will be worthy of a top 10-15 pick, which will make him difficult to pass at #7. I think people here are so scared off because of Alex, they just lump all young, "spread-style" QBs into the same category.
Gabbert will be in Cinci or Arz.


) as the best player in this draft...wave goodbye to any credibility you had!