LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 324 users in the forums

SWAGG Filled Rankings: Post Senior Bowl Week

Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:

You really grade Ricky Stanzi () as the best player in this draft...wave goodbye to any credibility you had!

He was arguably the best QB during the Senior Bowl practices. QB is the most important position in the NFL. Pretty simple grade.

there are other QB's besides the one's at the Senior Bowl
Are you kidding?
Originally posted by jreff22:

You really grade Ricky Stanzi () as the best player in this draft...wave goodbye to any credibility you had!

He was arguably the best QB during the Senior Bowl practices. QB is the most important position in the NFL. Pretty simple grade.

there are other QB's besides the one's at the Senior Bowl

Correct. And they're all flawed.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Are you kidding?

Are you kidding asking me if i'm kidding?
I'm not dumping on your ratings because I'm not a college football/draft guy.

But what makes Christian Ponder the #2 guy in the draft? Doesn't he have an injury history?

You could argue a few of those guys there were the best QB depending on what sources you trusted. It is the most important position, I agree, but Ricky Stanzi is nothing more than a developmental 3rd round pick kind of guy (at best). Did you watch him this season??? He is extremely underwhelming as a prospect.

25td's and 6ints. 64% comp. Thats a fantastic season. Especially considering Iowa doesn't have very many weapons, if any. He ran one of the better pro-style offenses in the nation. A conservative one at that. To say he's an underwhelming prospect is ludicrous and i'd have to call into question your eye for talent.

And who may i ask do you think is the best qb in this draft?

Stats aren't everything man... Did you see him play? His arm is decent, he gets flustered easily, and he is the check down king. I liked him earlier in the season and watched every game I could of his but he never played well enough to have me consider him a prospect with a chance to be a legit starter. Lmao at you questioning my eye for talent when you rank Ricky and Christian number one and two on your big board!!! Now THAT is ludicrous!! I don't know who my favorite qb is but I know newton, mallet, gabbert, Dalton, locker, and ponder at least are better than him. Get real.

[ Edited by SourdoughDan on Jan 30, 2011 at 16:34:53 ]
Originally posted by Overkill:
I'm not dumping on your ratings because I'm not a college football/draft guy.

But what makes Christian Ponder the #2 guy in the draft? Doesn't he have an injury history?

Absolutely he has an injury history. However, i believe he proved at the Senior Bowl that those injuries are a thing of the past.

Christian Ponder was widely considered a 1st round talent prior to his injuries. Heck he was widely considered a 3rd round talent WITH the injuries in question. That speaks to how talented he actually is.

1. He's extremely smart. Graduated in 2 1/2 years.
2. Solid frame.
3. Better than average mechanics.
4. Excellent footwork.
5. Can make all the throws.
6. Ran a pro-style offense.
7. Has proven he can read coverages.
8. Extremely mobile and awareness.

The only real issue with him is his injury past. He's probably the best qb suited to run the WCO coming out in the draft.
I'm pretty sure "the consensus thinking" would rank Stanzi no better than 5th in this years draft. Right now I think Gabbert will be first off the board.
Are you kidding?

Ricki Stanzi #1? Why do you think I asked you? The guy isn't even in the top 5 prospects at his own position (Gabbert, Mallett, Newton, Locker and Ponder) and you rank him #1 overall. What are you smoking? Better yet, make a compelling argument why his Senior Bowl performance moves him to the #1 spot among QB's, much less everyone else.

[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Jan 30, 2011 at 16:38:25 ]
Stanzi over AJ Green? You f**king kidding me!?

Ricky Stanzi is not the best player in the draft. Or even the best QB. He has skills sure. And he can be looked at around the middle rounds. But don't get carried away.

Absolutely he has an injury history. However, i believe he proved at the Senior Bowl that those injuries are a thing of the past.

Christian Ponder was widely considered a 1st round talent prior to his injuries. Heck he was widely considered a 3rd round talent WITH the injuries in question. That speaks to how talented he actually is.

1. He's extremely smart. Graduated in 2 1/2 years. in what? sociology??? wooooooow
2. Solid frame.
4. Excellent footwork.

The only real issue with him is his injury past. He's probably the best qb suited to run the WCO coming out in the draft.

You could argue a few of those guys there were the best QB depending on what sources you trusted. It is the most important position, I agree, but Ricky Stanzi is nothing more than a developmental 3rd round pick kind of guy (at best). Did you watch him this season??? He is extremely underwhelming as a prospect.

25td's and 6ints. 64% comp. Thats a fantastic season. Especially considering Iowa doesn't have very many weapons, if any. He ran one of the better pro-style offenses in the nation. A conservative one at that. To say he's an underwhelming prospect is ludicrous and i'd have to call into question your eye for talent.

And who may i ask do you think is the best qb in this draft?

Stats aren't everything man... Did you see him play? His arm is decent, he gets flustered easily, and he is the check down king. I liked him earlier in the season and watched every game I could of his but he never played well enough to have me consider him a prospect with a chance to be a legit starter. Lmao at you questioning my eye for talent when you rank Ricky and Christian number one and two on your big board!!! Now THAT is ludicrous!! I don't know who my favorite qb is but I know newton, mallet, gabbert, Dalton, locker, and ponder at least are better than him. Get real.

Correct. Stats aren't everything. But they are almost everything. Stanzi is also a winner. Kid has won all 3 bowl games he's played in.

His 8.71 yards per attempt prove he's not a check down king.

Watch the Michigan St game. Great comeback. Proved his talent in that last drive alone.

Locker sucks. That much is obvious to everyone by now.

Gabbert? Please. Take your 16tds and terrible accuracy/touch elsewhere.

Mallett is legit

Dalton is my boy.

Cam, who the f knows. 1 yr wonder? System qb? Idk and neither do you.
Originally posted by communist:

1. He's extremely smart. Graduated in 2 1/2 years. in what? sociology??? wooooooow
2. Solid frame.
4. Excellent footwork.

Ha. No. MBA
Are you kidding?

Ricki Stanzi #1? Why do you think I asked you? The guy isn't even in the top 5 prospects at his own position (Gabbert, Mallett, Newton, Locker and Ponder) and you rank him #1 overall. What are you smoking? Better yet, make a compelling argument why his Senior Bowl performance moves him to the #1 spot among QB's, much less everyone else.

I had him ranked #1 before the senior bowl.

To say he's not the best at his own position is just an opinion of draft pundits.

You didn't know who Gabbert was 2 months ago, or that the pundits would rank him the #1qb. Look at his film. Look at his stats. Nothing suggests he's good let alone great.

We'll see in 3 yrs. Stanzi will prove it all on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone