There are 140 users in the forums

SWAGG Filled Rankings: Post Senior Bowl Week

Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

For real dude?

You honestly think the Panthers, who need a quality QB, should take Stanzi #1?

Where did i say that? These are just how good i believe the players are. I'm not saying Stanzi should be #1 pick because i don't know how other NFL teams feel about the qb crop, and neither do you.

BUT

If i were in the position i am, not being in other teams war rooms, this is how i'd rate the players. Sorry i'm not you. Sorry Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, ETC aren't who i look to for my opinion. Form your own bruh! Don't be a follower. Be your own person. I believe in you.

LMAO

Given that you you just basically summarized the slogan of counter-culturalism, something tells me that you aren't original, but try so hard to "follow" those who are.

Anyway, if you actually followed the instruction of your English teacher in regards to sentence comprehension instead of following yourself, you would have understood what I was inferring with my post.

I said that YOU think the Panthers should draft Stanzi #1 overall. Nowhere did I mention what the Panthers themselves think they should draft with the #1 overall pick. When I say "YOU think", that also means "if you were in control of said team." And you confirmed my statement with your response. Thank you.

In the future, try to follow along a little closer and stop trying to sit high on your horse as if you are something special.

You're overreacting a little bit. This is his player rankings, not a mock draft. The guy has the guts to say Stanzi is the best quarterback/player in the draft. I respect that even if I think his rankings are horrible.

Well, player rankings are made by draft pundits and teams to rank the best players in the draft. If you need a QB and you have a QB #1 on your ranking and that QB is available at your draft spot, then you would take him. The Panthers are such a team, since they can take any player in the draft and desperately need a QB. They need a QB and if they had SWAGG as their GM organizing their board, he would have them draft Stanzi.

That is where the reading comprehension part comes in.

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 30, 2011 at 17:30:13 ]

For real dude?

Where did i say that? These are just how good i believe the players are. I'm not saying Stanzi should be #1 pick because i don't know how other NFL teams feel about the qb crop, and neither do you.

BUT

If i were in the position i am, not being in other teams war rooms, this is how i'd rate the players. Sorry i'm not you. Sorry Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, ETC aren't who i look to for my opinion. Form your own bruh! Don't be a follower. Be your own person. I believe in you.

LMAO

Given that you you just basically summarized the slogan of counter-culturalism, something tells me that you aren't original, but try so hard to "follow" those who are.

Anyway, if you actually followed the instruction of your English teacher in regards to sentence comprehension instead of following yourself, you would have understood what I was inferring with my post.

I said that YOU think the Panthers should draft Stanzi #1 overall. Nowhere did I mention what the Panthers themselves think they should draft with the #1 overall pick. When I say "YOU think", that also means "if you were in control of said team." And you confirmed my statement with your response. Thank you.

In the future, try to follow along a little closer and stop trying to sit high on your horse as if you are something special.

You're overreacting a little bit. This is his player rankings, not a mock draft. The guy has the guts to say Stanzi is the best quarterback/player in the draft. I respect that even if I think his rankings are horrible.

Yep

For real dude?

BUT

LMAO

Well, player rankings are made by draft pundits and teams to rank the best players in the draft. If you need a QB and you have a QB #1 on your ranking and that QB is available at your draft spot, then you would take him. The Panthers are such a team, since they can take any player in the draft and desperately need a QB. They need a QB and if they had SWAGG as their GM organizing their board, he would have them draft Stanzi.

I would only draft Stanzi number 1 IF I KNEW WHAT OTHER GM'S KNOW ABOUT OTHER GM'S. Obviously, none of us have their connections. If i knew i could get Stanzi in the 2nd round, id clearly wait to do so. But since i don't know others draft boards, i have to go with what i know.

For instance.

SF had Anthony Davis ranked very high. The cowboys gave him a 3rd round grade. Everyones draft board is gonna be different.
I actually believe that Stanzi will be a better pro. If I'm wrong I'll eat crow, but I'm with you on that one man. I don't know that I'd take him in the first round, but I think we should take a chance on him if he last until the third round.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Are you kidding?

Are you kidding asking me if i'm kidding?

Ricki Stanzi #1? Why do you think I asked you? The guy isn't even in the top 5 prospects at his own position (Gabbert, Mallett, Newton, Locker and Ponder) and you rank him #1 overall. What are you smoking? Better yet, make a compelling argument why his Senior Bowl performance moves him to the #1 spot among QB's, much less everyone else.

I had him ranked #1 before the senior bowl.

To say he's not the best at his own position is just an opinion of draft pundits.

You didn't know who Gabbert was 2 months ago, or that the pundits would rank him the #1qb. Look at his film. Look at his stats. Nothing suggests he's good let alone great.

We'll see in 3 yrs. Stanzi will prove it all on the field.

Answer the question...............WHY do you have him ranked #1 of anything?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:

You really grade Ricky Stanzi () as the best player in this draft...wave goodbye to any credibility you had!

He was arguably the best QB during the Senior Bowl practices. QB is the most important position in the NFL. Pretty simple grade.

You could argue a few of those guys there were the best QB depending on what sources you trusted. It is the most important position, I agree, but Ricky Stanzi is nothing more than a developmental 3rd round pick kind of guy (at best). Did you watch him this season??? He is extremely underwhelming as a prospect.

25td's and 6ints. 64% comp. Thats a fantastic season. Especially considering Iowa doesn't have very many weapons, if any. He ran one of the better pro-style offenses in the nation. A conservative one at that. To say he's an underwhelming prospect is ludicrous and i'd have to call into question your eye for talent.

And who may i ask do you think is the best qb in this draft?

Stats aren't everything man... Did you see him play? His arm is decent, he gets flustered easily, and he is the check down king. I liked him earlier in the season and watched every game I could of his but he never played well enough to have me consider him a prospect with a chance to be a legit starter. Lmao at you questioning my eye for talent when you rank Ricky and Christian number one and two on your big board!!! Now THAT is ludicrous!! I don't know who my favorite qb is but I know newton, mallet, gabbert, Dalton, locker, and ponder at least are better than him. Get real.

Correct. Stats aren't everything. But they are almost everything. Stanzi is also a winner. Kid has won all 3 bowl games he's played in.

His 8.71 yards per attempt prove he's not a check down king.

Watch the Michigan St game. Great comeback. Proved his talent in that last drive alone.

Locker sucks. That much is obvious to everyone by now.

Gabbert? Please. Take your 16tds and terrible accuracy/touch elsewhere.

Mallett is legit

Dalton is my boy.

Cam, who the f knows. 1 yr wonder? System qb? Idk and neither do you.

Ok, I'll play along with you. You say stats aren't everything, but they're "almost everything." But you're basing your statements on just this year, forgetting what happened in 2009 too:

~Gabbert threw 24 TDs against 9 picks, 59% completion in '09
~Stanzi threw 17 TDs and 15 picks in 2009, 56% completion in '09
~Gabbert threw only 16 TDs/9 picks in '10, but upped his comp per. to over 63%
~Stanzi threw 25 TDs/6 picks in 2010 (similar to BGs '09 numbers), and upped his comp per. to 64%

Very similar stats if you compare them over a two year period...but in your mind, Stanzi is the #1 ranked prospect in the draft according to you, but Gabbert (who's also bigger, has a stronger arm and much better mobility) is boiled down to someone with "terrible touch/accuracy."

Can you see why you're not taken seriously?

So while one PROgressed the other REgressed?

What kind of argument is that bruh?

You're missing the point and changing the subject. Overall, the numbers are VERY similar in every way, with the ONE glaring exception....TD passes in 2010. You call it "regression," those with objectivity see the WR "talent" on Missouri this year compared to last, and see the huge gap. When you have explosive players like Johnson-Koulianos and McNutt you can throw a lot of TD passes as Stanzi did.

When your leading WRs are seniors like Danario Alexander and Jared Perry, you can have a big year in TDs and yards per completion as Gabbert did in 2009. But when you're throwing to people like T.J Moe, or Michael Egnew like BG did in '10, you're going to get a lot of receptions (Gabbert had around 80 more completions than Stanzi), but not a lot of explosive plays/TDs.

But hey, if you only want to consider ONE stat (TD passes) from ONE year, and build your case on that as overall regression/progression (and not factor in playmaking ability on the different teams), be my guest. If that alone puts Stanzi #1 overall and Gabbert as an afterthought with "terrible accuracy" (even though their completion percentages are nearly identical), it's up to you.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 30, 2011 at 17:54:55 ]

For real dude?

BUT

LMAO

I would only draft Stanzi number 1 IF I KNEW WHAT OTHER GM'S KNOW ABOUT OTHER GM'S. Obviously, none of us have their connections. If i knew i could get Stanzi in the 2nd round, id clearly wait to do so. But since i don't know others draft boards, i have to go with what i know.

For instance.

SF had Anthony Davis ranked very high. The cowboys gave him a 3rd round grade. Everyones draft board is gonna be different.

Yeah. Every team has a different draft board and there is no guarantee, that is why you draft guys rated at the top of your board when it comes to your turn and DON'T GUESS what other teams will do. That is why some years you have Jacksonville taking Alu Alu with the 10th pick, when many people had him graded as a 2nd rounder or all the Raider picks most years.

You might think that Stanzi will be available in round 2, but you don't know. If you really thought that highly of him, you would take him #1 overall and get your guy and let other teams say what they want. Only stupid GM's don't take the guys they have rated the highest on their board as they try to play mind games with others -- ultimately they lose their man.

Anyway, have a good rest of your night. Good luck with your scouting career.
As soon as I saw the first two names I stopped looking and give this a complete FAIL

You really grade Ricky Stanzi () as the best player in this draft...wave goodbye to any credibility you had!

He was arguably the best QB during the Senior Bowl practices. QB is the most important position in the NFL. Pretty simple grade.

You could argue a few of those guys there were the best QB depending on what sources you trusted. It is the most important position, I agree, but Ricky Stanzi is nothing more than a developmental 3rd round pick kind of guy (at best). Did you watch him this season??? He is extremely underwhelming as a prospect.

25td's and 6ints. 64% comp. Thats a fantastic season. Especially considering Iowa doesn't have very many weapons, if any. He ran one of the better pro-style offenses in the nation. A conservative one at that. To say he's an underwhelming prospect is ludicrous and i'd have to call into question your eye for talent.

Stats aren't everything man... Did you see him play? His arm is decent, he gets flustered easily, and he is the check down king. I liked him earlier in the season and watched every game I could of his but he never played well enough to have me consider him a prospect with a chance to be a legit starter. Lmao at you questioning my eye for talent when you rank Ricky and Christian number one and two on your big board!!! Now THAT is ludicrous!! I don't know who my favorite qb is but I know newton, mallet, gabbert, Dalton, locker, and ponder at least are better than him. Get real.

Correct. Stats aren't everything. But they are almost everything. Stanzi is also a winner. Kid has won all 3 bowl games he's played in.

Watch the Michigan St game. Great comeback. Proved his talent in that last drive alone.

Mallett is legit

Dalton is my boy.

Ok, I'll play along with you. You say stats aren't everything, but they're "almost everything." But you're basing your statements on just this year, forgetting what happened in 2009 too:

~Stanzi threw 25 TDs/6 picks in 2010 (similar to BGs '09 numbers), and upped his comp per. to 64%

Very similar stats if you compare them over a two year period...but in your mind, Stanzi is the #1 ranked prospect in the draft according to you, but Gabbert (who's also bigger, has a stronger arm and much better mobility) is boiled down to someone with "terrible touch/accuracy."

You're missing the point and changing the subject. Overall, the numbers are VERY similar in every way, with the ONE glaring exception....TD passes in 2010. You call it "regression," those with objectivity see the WR "talent" on Missouri this year compared to last, and see the huge gap. When you have explosive players like Johnson-Koulianos and McNutt you can throw a lot of TD passes as Stanzi did.

When your leading WRs are seniors like Danario Alexander and Jared Perry, you can have a big year in TDs and yards per completion as Gabbert did in 2009. But when you're throwing to people like T.J Moe, or Michael Egnew like BG did in '10, you're going to get a lot of receptions (Gabbert had around 80 more completions than Stanzi), but not a lot of explosive plays/TDs.

But hey, if you only want to consider ONE stat (TD passes) from ONE year, and build your case on that as overall regression/progression (and not factor in playmaking ability on the different teams), be my guest. If that alone puts Stanzi #1 overall and Gabbert as an afterthought with "terrible accuracy" (even though their completion percentages are nearly identical), it's up to you.

LOL. McNutt and Johnson-Koulianos are explosive players? 1500yds between them. 200 less than the Missouri duo.

Stanzi has intangibles that Gabbert will never acquire.

As large a jump as Stanzi had from his Jr year to his Sr. year is HUGE in my book.
Are you kidding?

Are you kidding asking me if i'm kidding?

Ricki Stanzi #1? Why do you think I asked you? The guy isn't even in the top 5 prospects at his own position (Gabbert, Mallett, Newton, Locker and Ponder) and you rank him #1 overall. What are you smoking? Better yet, make a compelling argument why his Senior Bowl performance moves him to the #1 spot among QB's, much less everyone else.

I had him ranked #1 before the senior bowl.

To say he's not the best at his own position is just an opinion of draft pundits.

You didn't know who Gabbert was 2 months ago, or that the pundits would rank him the #1qb. Look at his film. Look at his stats. Nothing suggests he's good let alone great.

We'll see in 3 yrs. Stanzi will prove it all on the field.

Answer the question...............WHY do you have him ranked #1 of anything?

- Leadership is off the charts.
- Flawless mechanics
- Runs a pro style system
- Can make all the throws
- Excellent mobility, feet, pocket awareness
- Huge improvement Jr. to Sr. year (very important in my eyes)
- Moxie
- Very accurate on the run/rollout
- Comeback Kid. Doesn't let mistakes or negative things affect him.
- Bit of a gunslinger in a good way, meaning he'll give his wr's a chance to make a play

These are my POST Senior Bowl Week Rankings. These are where I value each player. The biggest and most important jump is clearly Christian Ponder. All i needed to do was see that he was healthy. He certainly proved that. Andy Dalton slips because he really didn't take advantage of his snaps in practice the way i hoped he would. I'm slightly concerned he won't be able to read defenses while dropping back from under center. Stephen Paea dropped quite a bit because of his injury. Until i see him moving around again i'm worried, but it's still tough to drop him completely out of my top 32.

1. Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa
[b]2. Christian Ponder QB FSU

3. AJ Green WR Georgia
4. Nick Fairley DT Auburn
5. Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
6. JJ Watt DE Wisconsin
7. Patrick Peterson CB LSU
8. Robert Quinn DE/OLB North Carolina
9. Tyron Smith OT USC
10. Nate Solder OT Colorado
11. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
12. Marcel Darius DT Alabama
13. Andy Dalton QB TCU
14. Jerrel Jernigan WR Troy
15. Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson
16. Mark Ingram RB Alabama
17. Mikel LeShoure RB Illinois
18. Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
19. Cam Jordan DE California
20. Jeremy Beal DE Oklahoma
21. Julio Jones WR Alabama
22. Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
23. Phil Taylor NT Baylor
24. Brooks Reed DE/OLB Arizona
25. Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
26. Rahim Moore S UCLA
27. Titus Young WR Boise St.
28. Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
29. Stephen Paea DT Oregon St.
30. Dontay Moch OLB/DE Nevada
31. Danny Watkins OG Baylor
32. Delone Carter RB Syracuse[/b]

As always, i know my rankings aren't typical so just ask why i have certain players where i do.

I don't know why people laughed at you... I just trust you cuz you are real a 49ers fan! I don't watch the tv Senior Bowl last night. I am so piss off. anyway.. i watch the Senior Bowl for relay video. I saw about Christian Ponder QB. He looked good a quick to read and mind to threw the style offense score.. i am like hmm!! "Good like that" I thought it, Christian ponder Qb is probably 4 or 5th round but i was wrong right now. I hope, We should grab him probably 2nd round early better than 3round?
Agree or disagree, I like that SWAGG puts himself out there.

Rock on.
not trying to hijack thread, but here is my top QBs

in order

Gabbert
Ponder
Dalton
Locker
Mallett
Newton
Stanzi
Devlin

[ Edited by AB83Rules on Jan 30, 2011 at 20:49:53 ]

Mallett is legit

Dalton is my boy.

LOL. McNutt and Johnson-Koulianos are explosive players? 1500yds between them. 200 less than the Missouri duo.

Stanzi has intangibles that Gabbert will never acquire.

As large a jump as Stanzi had from his Jr year to his Sr. year is HUGE in my book.

Alexander/Perry TD receptions between them in 2009: 20
McNutt/DJK TD receptions between them in 2010: 18
Moe/Egnew TD receptions between them in 2010: 11

But hey, your book is all that matters, and all you care about is being right...so good luck with that projection of Stanzi being the best value in this draft.

For what it's worth, I like Ricky Stanzi and agree that he made huge strides this year. I just think you're delusional if you think he's the #1 overall prospect in terms of value in this draft. My point was, you dismissed Gabbert's accuracy, but never explained why it was so terrible, even though Gabbert has a higher career completion percentage than Stanzi does. And according to you, stats are "almost everything."

But hey, it's your world.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 30, 2011 at 22:46:18 ]

This ranking is absolutely laughable...
Share 49ersWebzone