There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

FCUK Robert Quinn

Originally posted by NCommand:
Right position so lets see if this is the right guy over Quinn. I don't see the comparisons to Lawson just with measurables alone but it IS good to see Baalke FINALLY making OLB a priority. If this guy is successful along with Brooks at the SAM and Haralson subbing and perhaps LaBoy resigned, with Willis rushing more and even TKO, we could end up with a very special 4 LB-attack which will make ALL of our secondary x3 better at least...and with more turnovers and 3 and outs = more chances for the offense to develop a rhythm.

It was a big reach, we could have had him in the 20s.
I think it's totally defensible to pass on Quinn - the guy did have a brain tumor, his genetics likely make him predisposed to such conditions. Can't argue with medical concerns in the Top 10.
Originally posted by susweel:
Right position so lets see if this is the right guy over Quinn. I don't see the comparisons to Lawson just with measurables alone but it IS good to see Baalke FINALLY making OLB a priority. If this guy is successful along with Brooks at the SAM and Haralson subbing and perhaps LaBoy resigned, with Willis rushing more and even TKO, we could end up with a very special 4 LB-attack which will make ALL of our secondary x3 better at least...and with more turnovers and 3 and outs = more chances for the offense to develop a rhythm.

The Texans would have taken him @11?? So how do you figure lol

I actually had Smith at #9 on my board, I see a very talented pash rusher with lots of room to grow.

Never thought he would be a 49er but I'm happy to have him none the less.

[ Edited by GMniner805 on Apr 28, 2011 at 18:45:41 ]
Originally posted by GMniner805:

I actually had Smith at #9 on my board, I see a very talented pash rusher with lots of room to grow.

I actually had him at #7 on my board... no big deal though
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by GMniner805:

I actually had him at #7 on my board... no big deal though

Nice job! People don't seem to grasp that the scheme alone, now with Fangio and with the right personnel will improve the TO ratio, secondary x3, TOP on offense and defense and close games out. Scheme and the correct personnel in the 3-4 esp. the OLB may very well be the second most important position on the field next to QB.

We know Brooks can rush esp. if motivated (no Manusky holding him back now), Lawson is gone, we know Haralson can rush off the bench and LaBoy is healthy and may be in the mix as well. With a free Willis (very good inside pass rusher), TKO has proven he is very good down hill esp. in the pass rush, we could be looking at one of the best 4 LBers in the NFL. Imagine Fangio having not one, but FOUR Lbers who can jump out of the gate and bring this defense into the top 10. All four would be mobile part you can move all over the place and create mismatches and nightmares for the opposition which is something we have not seen with this team for a LONG time. If this is truly our pick and not a Kolb-trade, this could be a special group. And like I said earlier, this was Baalke's pick - he wanted to make his mark; he wanted to show his research will lead to something special not many saw OR lead to the QB Harbaugh needs.

Let's wait and see now...
Quinn's our pick. THIS is Baalke's first pick as GM and he wants to make his mark!

He LOVES the OLB pass rush and has been talking about this need since day one...then he brings in Harbaugh who comes with the package deal of Fangio who is one of the Godfathers of a properly-run 3-4. Baalke has gone to great lengths to talk about the OLB position (even more then the QB) and it's "real" responsibilities (unlike under Nolan/Manusky).

Baalke trusts Harbaugh to pick a later-round QB and develop him like no other. But make no mistake about it, Baalke wants Quinn at #7 unless there is a can't-refuse trade offer on the table.

Yup that's how I see it, he's the best pass rusher in the draft.

Von Miller is the best pass-rusher in the draft, Aldon Smith is the second best pass rusher, Quinn is a train-wreck waiting to happen. Watch for it when he busts in St Louis.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Quinn's our pick. THIS is Baalke's first pick as GM and he wants to make his mark!

He LOVES the OLB pass rush and has been talking about this need since day one...then he brings in Harbaugh who comes with the package deal of Fangio who is one of the Godfathers of a properly-run 3-4. Baalke has gone to great lengths to talk about the OLB position (even more then the QB) and it's "real" responsibilities (unlike under Nolan/Manusky).

Baalke trusts Harbaugh to pick a later-round QB and develop him like no other. But make no mistake about it, Baalke wants Quinn at #7 unless there is a can't-refuse trade offer on the table.

Yup that's how I see it, he's the best pass rusher in the draft.

Von Miller is the best pass-rusher in the draft, Aldon Smith is the second best pass rusher, Quinn is a train-wreck waiting to happen. Watch for it when he busts in St Louis.

We can all agree to disagree whether Miller, Quinn, or Smith will be the better Pass Rusher

What cannot be disputed is SIMPLE:

We have not a feared pass rusher since Charles Haley

Oh, sorry I forgot Andre Carter lol (get it?)
Originally posted by mavfd9er:
If Peterson is gone and Quinn is there he will be the pick.

Whoops, swing and a miss. Here's me eating my crow!
Quinn just got his first NFL sack before Aldon Smith. Unblocked and all, but still...
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Quinn just got his first NFL sack before Aldon Smith. Unblocked and all, but still...
Did he win???
Originally posted by communist:
Did he win???

Did we?
Did he win???

Did we?
to be fai aldon smith has put a lot oof pressure on there guys
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Did he win???

Did we?
to be fai aldon smith has put a lot oof pressure on there guys

No doubt about it. I just think it will be interesting to watch these two as theit careers progress. Like I said, Quinn was unblocked on his sack.
Also, I remember reading somewhere that Bellicheat actually wanted to jump in front of Houston at #10 if Aldon was still available.

Just sayin'...

Quinn sucks! He a Ram now so screw him!

Originally posted by ninertico:
Also, I remember reading somewhere that Bellicheat actually wanted to jump in front of Houston at #10 if Aldon was still available.

Just sayin'...

Quinn sucks! He a Ram now so screw him!

this.