LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

2011 WZ Draft- Official Picks - mayo49 (PIT) OTC

just got notice of this, need to do some work
before I make this pick I just want to point out the Cleveland Browns in this scenario are in prime position to make a pick, especially with no QB's taken so far and San Francisco up next.

however, I do not wanna delay this mock draft by reaching out to possible draft partners, so I'm going to pick the BPA at a position of need.

With the 6th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select

Julio Jones, Wide Receiver from the University of Alabama

6'4"
220lbs
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
lol at peterson going #1.

Peterson had back to back seasons at a high level. Hes a elite prospect and Carolina needs a CB like we need a QB. Laugh all you want now but when he runs in the 4.3s hes very likely to be #1.

Carolina does not need a CB, there secondary has been very good over the last two years. They need more help at DT/DE. Plus, you can also say that about AJ Green. Elite prospect that could run in the late 4.3s and is a much bigger need for Carolina than CB.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
I was severely torn on this pick...Don't kill me too bad. I know how everyone feels about Prince Amukamara, BUT new regimes ALWAYS go for the quarterback. Jed York has stressed the importance of this position, and even Coach Harbaugh has stated that even he knows the "quarterback of the future is not on our roster." With that being said...

With the 7th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select:

Jake Locker, Washington

Hear me out. Before this season, Locker was regarded as the BEST quarterback in college football. Had he declared LAST YEAR he could have been selected BEFORE Sam Bradford. He decided to give it another season, and due to that decision many have Locker written off.

Locker has a very quick release, good arm strength and has great feet. His mechanics are very sound. He is accurate when his receivers decide they don't want to drop his passes(LOL), and is very accurate while on the move.

With a good combine I feel he will be back in that top discussion as he was a year ago. The talent base in Washington this year wasn't there and there is no sugarcoating Locker's struggles, but as NFL-ready QBs go, Locker may be the best.

Locker has also displayed superior leadership. Coming back to school for his senior year notwithstanding, Locker played the last three games of this season with a broken rib. That tells me this is a kid who wants to play, and wants to win. Toughness is a must in the NFL, and Locker is as tough as they come in this draft.

Also, keep in mind this key element....The 49ers (and ANY NFL team for that matter) cannot sign free agents until the CBA is reached. The draft may be Harbaugh's first shot at getting a QB.
[ Edited by JD81 on Jan 17, 2011 at 1:23 AM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
please be smart with the pick and do not go qb. especially no locker at 7. reallistically we will not go qb at 7 with the level of talent.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
too late... wow like steve young said on knbr he sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no ones seen it yet but me change it quick....
[ Edited by fan49 on Jan 17, 2011 at 1:16 AM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JD81:
I was severely torn on this pick...Don't kill me too bad. I know how everyone feels about Prince Amukamara, BUT new regimes ALWAYS go for the quarterback. Jed York has stressed the importance of this position, and even Coach Harbaugh has stated that even he knows the "quarterback of the future is not on our roster." With that being said...

Jake Locker, Washington

Hear me out. Before this season, Locker was regarded as the BEST quarterback in college football. Had he declared LAST YEAR he could have been selected BEFORE Sam Bradford. He decided to give it another season, and due to that decision many have Locker written off.

Locker has a very quick release, good arm strength and has great feet. His mechanics are very sound. With a good combine I feel he will be back in that top discussion as he was a year ago. The talent base in Washington this year wasn't there and there is no sugarcoating Locker's struggles, but as NFL-ready QBs go, Locker may be the best.

Locker has also displayed superior leadership. Coming back to school for his senior year notwithstanding, Locker played the last three games of this season with a broken rib. That tells me this is a kid who wants to play, and wants to win. Toughness is a must in the NFL, and Locker is as tough as they come in this draft.

i see u said he has good arm strength.... wco doesnt need 50 yard bombs. and plus no accuracy comments. even though i mentioned it before stev young said luck has pro level talent and when he was asked about locker he said he saw nothing in him
Should've taken Prince or Quinn
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Interesting mock. I personally don't see a CB going no.1 overall. High bust factor of CBs and I doubt there is a team that will pay 60-65 million dollars to a rookie DB.

Don't see Zona taking a WR - they have too many glaring needs.

I think a QB will get drafted before we pick. Panthers, Bills, Cincy, Zona all need a QB. And there are several teams behind us that need a QB (Vikings, Skins, Tenn) - so they may jump up as well.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Interesting mock. I personally don't see a CB going no.1 overall. High bust factor of CBs and I doubt there is a team that will pay 60-65 million dollars to a rookie DB.

I think a QB will get drafted before we pick. Panthers, Bills, Cincy, Zona all need a QB. And there are several teams behind us that need a QB (Vikings, Skins, Tenn) - so they may jump up as well.

honestly there biggest need is keeping Fitz happy tho.

ugh....I knew we should have had a raffle for the 49ers pick...
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

The Bills have their Rich Gannon in Ryan Fitzpatrick....their D especially up front is dreadful. To take advantage of their fantastic secondary, I have to fix their front 7. So no QB yet anyways.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
ugh....I knew we should have had a raffle for the 49ers pick...

I think you are right.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
With the 8th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select...

QB From Arkansas Ryan Mallet

Originally posted by JD81:

Jake Locker, Washington

Locker has a very quick release, good arm strength and has great feet. His mechanics are very sound. He is accurate when his receivers decide they don't want to drop his passes(LOL), and is very accurate while on the move.

With a good combine I feel he will be back in that top discussion as he was a year ago. The talent base in Washington this year wasn't there and there is no sugarcoating Locker's struggles, but as NFL-ready QBs go, Locker may be the best.

Also, keep in mind this key element....The 49ers (and ANY NFL team for that matter) cannot sign free agents until the CBA is reached. The draft may be Harbaugh's first shot at getting a QB.

Don't listen to the doubters. Especially those quoting Steve Young. Steve Young is an amazing QB, not a QB evaluator. Jordan is the greatest basketball layer of all time, and I don't think I need to stress how much that has NOT translated into talent evaluation
Share 49ersWebzone