There are 178 users in the forums

Bowl Week Prospect Watch #3 (Jan. 1 - 4)

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Call me crazy, but I think Tyrod Taylor will match Luck stat-for-stat, play-for-play, tonight. He's that good of a college QB.

I think in total yards possibly, but I think he'll finish with more rushing yards.

I guess I meant more in terms of his overall performance. Watching them both as college athletes/QBs (not necessarily as pro prospects), Taylor will look just as impressive as Luck when it's all said and done, and might even be the catalyst to pull off the upset over Stanford (IMO).
Call me crazy, but I think Tyrod Taylor will match Luck stat-for-stat, play-for-play, tonight. He's that good of a college QB.

I think in total yards possibly, but I think he'll finish with more rushing yards.

I guess I meant more in terms of his overall performance. Watching them both as college athletes/QBs (not necessarily as pro prospects), Taylor will look just as impressive as Luck when it's all said and done, and might even be the catalyst to pull off the upset over Stanford (IMO).

I can agree with that. I think Taylor is very underrated and underappreciated as a QB prospect coming out this year. There are a lot of coaches out there that think this kid can play, and play well, at the NFL level. He somewhat makes me think of a little faster version of David Garrard.

I can agree with that. I think Taylor is very underrated and underappreciated as a QB prospect coming out this year. There are a lot of coaches out there that think this kid can play, and play well, at the NFL level. He somewhat makes me think of a little faster version of David Garrard.

Nice analogy. What I like most about Taylor is his tenacity....he's like the terminator. You can beat him all to hell, and he'll keep fighting and scratching and will find a way to win (or die trying). He has a little "Jeff Garcia" in him, in that respect.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 3, 2011 at 12:39:06 ]

Solid comparasion. I've been trying to figure out who he reminds me off and that's dead on. He's biggest problem is that he's playing for VA Tech and everybody just seems him as another low budget version of Vick. I think that has hampered him in public opinion. He doesn't like to run that much and would rather make a play whit his arm rather than his feet. i think at times he has struggled b/c he's trying to hard to find that balance between running and developing as a traditional drop back qb. I think he throws the best deep ball in the draft. Interesting prospect.

Nice analogy. What I like most about Taylor is his tenacity....he's like the terminator. You can beat him all to hell, and he'll keep fighting and scratching and will find a way to win (or die trying). He has a little "Jeff Garcia" in him, in that respect.

I actually think he'd be an outstanding developmental guy for a WCO system, and would not in the least be opposed to us drafting him. (If we have a veteran starter picked up).

What we need is:

1) Franchise QB or guy who can get there.
2) Veteran who can start while we groom individual #1.
3) Another veteran who doesn't expect to start, but can also mentor individual #1.

I actually think he'd be an outstanding developmental guy for a WCO system, and would not in the least be opposed to us drafting him. (If we have a veteran starter picked up).

What we need is:

2) Veteran who can start while we groom individual #1. (Carson Palmer, Trent Edwards, Donny Mac?)
3) Another veteran who doesn't expect to start, but can also mentor individual #1.(Pennington, David Carr, Chad Henne?)
What say you to the bolded parts?
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:

What we need is:

2) Veteran who can start while we groom individual #1. (Carson Palmer, Trent Edwards, Donny Mac?)
3) Another veteran who doesn't expect to start, but can also mentor individual #1.(Pennington, David Carr, Chad Henne?)

I'd take Palmer and Pennington.

We are juts a couple hours away from the Orange Bowl now.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 3, 2011 at 15:39:34 ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:

What we need is:

I'd take Palmer and Pennington.

We are juts a couple hours away from the Orange Bowl now.

Imagine the craziness here if Stanford lose and don't look good. Would be hilarious

What we need is:

2) Veteran who can start while we groom individual #1.
3) Another veteran who doesn't expect to start, but can also mentor individual #1.

OTC: Do you see any hope for Nate Davis? Or do we need to start again from scratch?
Good humble, Christian guy, too (Dalton). As a Christian as well, I always welcome seeing that.

Sounds a lot like Tebow, but while he's not the athletic freak Tebow is, he's actually a more polished passer coming out than Tebow was.

Hey...Prince AMUKAMARA is a Christian too. he's in a ministry called " fellowship of Christian athletes" or something like that. a little off the subject, but I'd thought I'd mention it

Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Good humble, Christian guy, too (Dalton). As a Christian as well, I always welcome seeing that.

Sounds a lot like Tebow, but while he's not the athletic freak Tebow is, he's actually a more polished passer coming out than Tebow was.

Hey...Prince AMUKAMARA is a Christian too. he's in a ministry called " fellowship of Christian athletes" or something like that. a little off the subject, but I'd thought I'd mention it

Good to know as well, that Prince is an FCA guy.
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:

Good to know as well, that Prince is an FCA guy.

Awesome stuff to know
Orange Bowl starting now.
I give both teams credit on that ST's play. Credit to Stanford for the guts to try it, but more credit to Virginia Tech for stopping it.
OT Prospect Derek Hall is #53 for those who might want to watch the OL.
Share 49ersWebzone