LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

Bowl Week Prospect Watch #3 (Jan. 1 - 4)

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Luck seems rather "silver-spoon fed" to me. Gets a ton of help from his OL protection and run game.

Let me tell you what I think. This is my quote from the post asking if we should trade our next year's first rounder for Luck. On October 25th, this is what I said:

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Absolutely not. He is not worth that. This board severely overrates Andrew Luck. He's a tremendous prospect, but I would not trade away a pick. We need all the picks we can get, and there are far too many unbelievable players out there right now that could really help us.

No, no I would absolutely not trade it.
Taylor stealing the show tonight. You talk about "WOW" kind of play. WOW. Tyrod Taylor with this game and the likely speed and agility number he'll post at the combine could shoot him up into the first four rounds with ease.

I'm guessing he'll sneak into the 2nd round. I think reallistically, the gap between him and Cam Newton is closer than most people believe. You could argue that Taylor is the better passer at this point and they're both very effective rushing. Cam is just a scoring machine and his strength, size and potential gives him the edge, but still, Taylor is a talented guy. Plus, I think Tebow's success boosted Cam's draft value. I think he'll go somewhere around #15-20.

I like Taylor's potential more than Locker's.
Luck seems rather "silver-spoon fed" to me. Gets a ton of help from his OL protection and run game.

Let me tell you what I think. This is my quote from the post asking if we should trade our next year's first rounder for Luck. On October 25th, this is what I said:

Absolutely not. He is not worth that. This board severely overrates Andrew Luck. He's a tremendous prospect, but I would not trade away a pick. We need all the picks we can get, and there are far too many unbelievable players out there right now that could really help us.

Yeah, I hear ya. Overrated, for sure.
Hey look its John Elway
Luck is a stud. That Int was a sick defensive play.
Originally posted by strickac:
Taylor stealing the show tonight. You talk about "WOW" kind of play. WOW. Tyrod Taylor with this game and the likely speed and agility number he'll post at the combine could shoot him up into the first four rounds with ease.

I'm guessing he'll sneak into the 2nd round. I think reallistically, the gap between him and Cam Newton is closer than most people believe. You could argue that Taylor is the better passer at this point and they're both very effective rushing. Cam is just a scoring machine and his strength, size and potential gives him the edge, but still, Taylor is a talented guy. Plus, I think Tebow's success boosted Cam's draft value. I think he'll go somewhere around #15-20.

Right now, I'm going to say he'll be at least a 4th going into the combine due to size issues. Troy Smith won the Heisman being statistically monstrous, but you can see regardless of his speed, his 6-0 height and inaccuracy limited his effectiveness in the NFL. Taylor appears to have a bit more accuracy, so I'll bump him a round for that.

Taylor will probably measure in just barely over 6-0 tall.
luck is getting s**t on by taylor

Right now, I'm going to say he'll be at least a 4th going into the combine due to size issues. Troy Smith won the Heisman being statistically monstrous, but you can see regardless of his speed, his 6-0 height and inaccuracy limited his effectiveness in the NFL. Taylor appears to have a bit more accuracy, so I'll bump him a round for that.

If he measures in at 6'1'' or above he'll be fine. Troy is probably more like 5'10'' or 5'11'' anyway. Plus he's more accurate than Troy and makes better decisions.

I'm going to be ripped here but I think Taylor will be a better QB than Newton and Locker will.
i wanna harbaugh as our HC b/c he runs a 3-4 defense
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

If he measures in at 6'1'' or above he'll be fine. Troy is probably more like 5'10'' or 5'11'' anyway. Plus he's more accurate than Troy and makes better decisions.

I'm going to be ripped here but I think Taylor will be a better QB than Newton and Locker will.

Four factors will be big determinants in Taylor's stock.

- How he finishes this game -- does he make a game-changing INT? Or do the opposite?
- Does he measure in at 6-1 or taller
- Does he clock in the 4.5 range
- How does he interview and work out in positional drills, combine, etc. for teams.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yeah, I hear ya. Overrated, for sure.

So if the Zone is overrating him, then isn't the media and the rest of the NFL too??

Let me ask you guys another question, where would you rate Luck?? And if not #1 overall who deserves to be the overall pick then??
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by communist:
i wanna harbaugh as our HC b/c he runs a 3-4 defense

One of the reasons I also want Harbaugh as HC.
Luck is a stud. That Int was a sick defensive play.

That ball shouldn't have been thrown. I don't know where he was trying to fit the ball into.

-9fA
  • titan
  • Veteran
They said Luck is better than Ryan,Bradford, Tebow and compared him to Elway! I watched him play all season and I see him as a weaker arm Stafford. I think Stafford is
Originally posted by titan:
They said Luck is better than Ryan,Bradford, Tebow and compared him to Elway! I watched him play all season and I see him as a weaker arm Stafford. I think Stafford is

Well i think Luck is!!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone