LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

the case for jake locker

Originally posted by Sims84:
Great couple of plays back to back for Locker. Scrambled left when nothing was there, but stopped on the dime and turned it up field against an over pursuing defense to pick up some yards on 2nd and long to make it 3rd and short.

Then on a playaction, had an unblocked rusher coming at him and side stepped to get that split second more time and as he was going down, had the presence of mind AND arm strength to hit his check down for a 1st down

yes good plays. accuracy off on that last pass.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Great couple of plays back to back for Locker. Scrambled left when nothing was there, but stopped on the dime and turned it up field against an over pursuing defense to pick up some yards on 2nd and long to make it 3rd and short.

Then on a playaction, had an unblocked rusher coming at him and side stepped to get that split second more time and as he was going down, had the presence of mind AND arm strength to hit his check down for a 1st down

on that 3rd down pass on a designed QB draw? He had no choice but to throw that pass away with Nebraska reading "QB Draw" all the way, its either take a loss and make it a harder FG for your kicker or just throw it away. That WR was clearly looking for someone to block

on that 3rd down pass on a designed QB draw? He had no choice but to throw that pass away with Nebraska reading "QB Draw" all the way, its either take a loss and make it a harder FG for your kicker or just throw it away. That WR was clearly looking for someone to block

yeah I saw the replay....my bad.

yeah I saw the replay....my bad.

of course that doesn't take away from how off he has been on other throws but to his credit (I guess), his WR's suck and Nebraska's secondary is very good so it's almost unfair. He is still finding ways to get involved in the game though and I like that
4/15 for 52 yards is f**king awful. i don't care whether it's pro, college or highschool or who the opponent is. locker has looked pretty mediocre for a college qb. i can only imagine him in the nfl.

someone will draft him in the first few rounds and i hope its not us based on this game
Originally posted by frenchmov:
4/15 for 52 yards is f**king awful. i don't care whether it's pro, college or highschool or who the opponent is. locker has looked pretty mediocre for a college qb. i can only imagine him in the nfl.

someone will draft him in the first few rounds and i hope its not us based on this game
don't wanna say that he was pro bowl style in this game but it wasnt that bad either...he just didnt risk anything at all. only stupid humans would do risky things after such an embarrasing game in september.

based off this game, his stock SHOULD drop to right in between 48 where Clausen was picked and 85 where Mccoy was picked and if he drops anywhere in that vicinity, he would be a STEAL, especially with a great QB coach
again....i point out that jake Locker has Chris Polk helping him out...a good RB makes a qb's job easier. That said....a great win for Jake and UDUB. Good for them.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

based off this game, his stock SHOULD drop to right in between 48 where Clausen was picked and 85 where Mccoy was picked and if he drops anywhere in that vicinity, he would be a STEAL, especially with a great QB coach

I really hope we don't wait till the 3rd round to pick a QB.

right now. yes. with a good senior bowl and combines, and workouts, if good, he will be in the 1st IMO.

stop, clausen range, could be...but mccoy??? he was a checkdown monster and had a way better team around him...no sorry.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

LMAO me either
Originally posted by communist:

stop, clausen range, could be...but mccoy??? he was a checkdown monster and had a way better team around him...no sorry.

I agree, Mccoy did have a much better team around him but he still made plays day in and day out as a QB. He bought time when needed, he made the throws when he needed too. It's not like he rode his teams coat tails, Mccoy WAS Texas's offense and that is evident as to what Gilbert is bringing to the table, or lack there of

Locker will HAVE to benefit from his combine because his stock has taken a pretty hefty fall and he may not drop ALL THE WAY to 85 but he will drop, you can count on that
No
Originally posted by Kolohe:

LMAO me either

Its all about scouting. Yeah we will all like to grab one and get it over with but WHO? Who is worth taking with that 9-11th pick? Luck won't be there and the only QB I would consider AT THAT SPOT would be Mallet but he may be gone as well. We can trade back and collect some extra picks but again, it's all about scouting. nobody thought Mccoy would drop ALL THE WAY to 85, very few people thought Clausen would drop to 48 but that's why we are not scouts and they are. Both of those QB's (hindsight being 20/20) of course, would have been a HUGE reach to take in the top 20 like they were originally projected
Share 49ersWebzone