There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

the case for jake locker

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Lou Holtz called it. His WR's are horrible. I've been saying this all year. The can't get any separation at all. And when they do and he hits them in the hands they drop it. WA is just a terrible overall team.

Yup Locker is the next Steve Young, he will go first overall, he just needs to go to a worse team in a better league, and he will show how good he is.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Once again another pass well over the head of his receivers, yes Nebs DBs are awesome....BUT, his throws are way off.

Delay of Game.......

ugh

No ones getting open and most of the time theyre pushed out of bounds. Nebraskas CBs and secondary are stellar. Prince is a beast top 3 pick imo. Locker late 1st or 2nd. Hard to judge him vs this defense and hard to ignore just how damn good NEB CBs are.
Then why doesnt he make a DECISION to throw to a TE maybe? A Rb? 4-27.

He is one read and throw it out of bounds and if there is any pressure, any at all, he gets happy feet and runs in circles and gets dropped for a loss.
Once again another pass well over the head of his receivers, yes Nebs DBs are awesome....BUT, his throws are way off.

Delay of Game.......

ugh

No ones getting open and most of the time theyre pushed out of bounds. Nebraskas CBs and secondary are stellar. Prince is a beast top 3 pick imo. Locker late 1st or 2nd. Hard to judge him vs this defense and hard to ignore just how damn good NEB CBs are.

Thats just as bad, throwing into the LBs will get a TE or RB killed the Nebraskas D is playing. Their OC better get creative to get someone open. Locker better throw someone open if he wants to be a 1st day pick.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
This is why players come out early... not because they are afraid of getting hurt.... they are afraid of there draft stock dropping... I'm sure there are a lot of NFL teams that are very glad Locker stayed in school because he would of been a top 10 pick and they would of paid him a lot of money and he would of been a complete bust.

Delay of Game.......

ugh

Thats just as bad, throwing into the LBs will get a TE or RB killed the Nebraskas D is playing. Their OC better get creative to get someone open. Locker better throw someone open if he wants to be a 1st day pick.

Washington doesn't have a TE. They went into the season with 2, but one got kicked off the team and the other one was lazy and quit a few weeks ago. TE is a huge part of Sark's offense, so it's made it tough for checkdowns. The RB has to stay in the backfield and block b/c the offensive line is so bad.
Lou Holtz called it. His WR's are horrible. I've been saying this all year. The can't get any separation at all. And when they do and he hits them in the hands they drop it. WA is just a terrible overall team.

there you are....no more jakescuses....there was one drop that his WR had...the rest of his passes havent even been on target....he is one read and run.
finally a completion! that is what happens when you put the ball where it should go!!!!! and a good run by Locker on top of that. TD SanDiegoNiner!!! Shots!!!!!!!

there you are....no more jakescuses....there was one drop that his WR had...the rest of his passes havent even been on target....he is one read and run.

Looks like Washington adjusted nicely. Locker is driving his team down field n just ran it in. This might be a ballgame now
Its comical how far people will go to make excuses for a guy they dont want to admit isnt a very good player. Im not sure why people feel compelled to do it. Locker is sucking because his WRs are poor. Because no QB has ever succeeded with poor WR play. And the Nebraska defense is clearly superior to the 2000 Ravens.
that was a good drive by Jake and Chris Polk....I dont understand. Locker had 2 receivers wide open on 3rd and goal....he is just so intent on running, I know that was the call and all....but he is a playing as a RB pretending to be QB....improvise Jake show me!!!!
What an IDIOT Sarkisian. Reminds me of Dingleberry. You don't always have to go on 4th and 1. 3 points is better than zero... Even 3 there and they own the game.
What an IDIOT Sarkisian. Reminds me of Dingleberry. You don't always have to go on 4th and 1. 3 points is better than zero... Even 3 there and they own the game.

I would have gone for it....the way UDubs D is playing, Taylor Martinez hurt, and they are pinned down....
and there you go.....SAFETY....SHOTS SD!!!!!!!! Youre team is doing it!
Locker has looked awful.
Great couple of plays back to back for Locker. Scrambled left when nothing was there, but stopped on the dime and turned it up field against an over pursuing defense to pick up some yards on 2nd and long to make it 3rd and short.

Then on a playaction, had an unblocked rusher coming at him and side stepped to get that split second more time and as he was going down, had the presence of mind AND arm strength to hit his check down for a 1st down