LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

The Christian Ponder Bandwagon

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

What a throw... Didnt Bill Walsh look for that assesment in a QB (rolling out on the run to the left throwing accurate passes)? I could have swore I read that before.

Wow, rolling to his left and off his back foot and right on the money. Very impressive. He'd look good in Niner uniform.
Originally posted by mayo49:

What a throw... Didnt Bill Walsh look for that assesment in a QB (rolling out on the run to the left throwing accurate passes)? I could have swore I read that before.

Wow, rolling to his left and off his back foot and right on the money. Very impressive. He'd look good in Niner uniform.

Kid threw that ball around 50 yards against his body and hit his WR in stride. Not saying he's anything close to him as a QB, but that throw itself was Favre-like.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Kid threw that ball around 50 yards against his body and hit his WR in stride. Not saying he's anything close to him as a QB, but that throw itself was Favre-like.

What do you think, Ghost. Second or the 3rd?

[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 28, 2011 at 12:08:12 ]

He'll be there in the 4th.

To me as of now he is a 3rd rounder pending on Pro Day workouts and Combine. His injury past alone is a real big holdback to me. I would take him in the 3rd for now. His footwork is preety good and I would actually rather have him then Newton IMO.

I think he's a 4th round talent, but need will likely push him up to the 3rd. If we want him, I believe that's where we'd have to take him (and drafting a guy 1 round earlier to secure him isn't that big of a deal once you get past the first 2 rounds, IMO).

WesBunting

If I were to take any QB at Senior Bowl...my guy would be #FloridaState QB Christian Ponder #nfldraft
I'm a CP supporter. I don't know why morons are so high on newton or gabbert. This kids clearly the best pro style qb in the draft. Injuries are a concern, but in the third round its worth a shot.
Originally posted by DaveTheShocker:
I'm a CP supporter. I don't know why morons are so high on newton or gabbert. This kids clearly the best pro style qb in the draft. Injuries are a concern, but in the third round its worth a shot.

I think Ponder is the guy we should target as well, but having a difference of opinion on prospects isn't moronic. It's just a difference of opinion; it's something you learn as you mature.

he's going to need a good medical evaluation

I think Ponder is the guy we should target as well, but having a difference of opinion on prospects isn't moronic. It's just a difference of opinion; it's something you learn as you mature.

You tell him Ghost.

^^ Wasn't try to be an ass with the guy; just trying to make the point that people just have different perspectives on things.
My point is alot of people try to belittle the CP supporters with their "holier than thou" attitude, then go post about gabbert somewhere else, who is by far the most incomplete qb prospect projected to be taken where he is.

[ Edited by DaveTheShocker on Jan 28, 2011 at 13:51:40 ]
Share 49ersWebzone