LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

The Ricky Stanzi Bandwagon

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

thats would be correct however i think luck is really the only qb worth going for in 1st round i think locker mallet stanzi or ponder would need to sit a year before they play
since when has a college-qb to be able to start immediately if he should be worth a 1st-round pick???
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

thats would be correct however i think luck is really the only qb worth going for in 1st round i think locker mallet stanzi or ponder would need to sit a year before they play
since when has a college-qb to be able to start immediately if he should be worth a 1st-round pick???

Since coaches started getting just 2 years to prove they shouldn't be fired....
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
He looked decent, but I wasn't impressed with his arm strength. A.Clayborn was beast.
Originally posted by Hopper:
He looked decent, but I wasn't impressed with his arm strength. A.Clayborn was beast.

a beast wouldnt be sucking wind on the sidelines during northwesterns game winning drive
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Since coaches started getting just 2 years to prove they shouldn't be fired....
and where is the problem? after one year sitting, he can start and show something...if the owner notice a progression, he will give his HC another year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

Yeah, I agree. He had no zip on the ball.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Scott Wright seems to be getting on board

"A prototypical pocket passer with excellent throwing mechanics, Stanzi is a three-year starter who is well versed in a pro style system and accustomed to operating under center. Perhaps the most impressive thing about Stanzi are his intangibles. A terrific leader and field general, Stanzi is very smart with a high football IQ, has an outstanding work ethic and is as tough as the day is long."

It's all about the Moxie with me now. I now know just how important that trait is. So what if he doesn't have a Mallett's arm, Ponder's or Locker's feet or pin point accuracy like Bradford. This kid just looks like Montana when he was in college...at least to me he does of what I can remember.

I love that he simply doesn't give up and has the ability to be cool as a cucumber when it matter the most. Also love those fourth quarter comebacks.

Could he actually penetrate the first round or will he be at most a mid second?

The post-season games will be a determining factor.

Me really likey.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Scott Wright seems to be getting on board

"A prototypical pocket passer with excellent throwing mechanics, Stanzi is a three-year starter who is well versed in a pro style system and accustomed to operating under center. Perhaps the most impressive thing about Stanzi are his intangibles. A terrific leader and field general, Stanzi is very smart with a high football IQ, has an outstanding work ethic and is as tough as the day is long."

It's all about the Moxie with me now. I now know just how important that trait is. So what if he doesn't have a Mallett's arm, Ponder's or Locker's feet or pin point accuracy like Bradford. This kid just looks like Montana when he was in college...at least to me he does of what I can remember.

I love that he simply doesn't give up and has the ability to be cool as a cucumber when it matter the most. Also love those fourth quarter comebacks.

Could he actually penetrate the first round or will he be at most a mid second?

The post-season games will be a determining factor.

Me really likey.

Good post. He's an intriguing prospect. Sounds like a second or third-rounder. Would love to see what Harbaugh could do with him.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
i like him too

HELL,i like all the top qbs in this draft...we cant go wrong with any of them
Alright, need some valuable info.

Does he fit in a WCO system and how so?

Does he have mobility?
Is he accurate short to mid range field?
How are his feet?
Does he have moxie to lead and question coaches?
Does he have will to come back even after mistakes?
Does he play in a Pro set?

What do you guys think?

I like Stanzi, but I have questions about his arm strength. His arm is not weak, but can he make 'all the throws'?

Another plus people aren't talking about is that Iowa runs an offense very very similar to the West Coast Offense. He would translate well. Its not like we're drafting a gimmick QB (again).

Does he fit in a WCO system and how so? Yes he does IMO. Nice, quick footwork. Makes the quick reads and zips the ball accurately to his receivers.

Does he have mobility? He's no Luck/Locker/Newton, but he can move around the pocket.
Is he accurate short to mid range field? Yes. Completed almost 65% of his passes at almost 9 yards per attempt. Here's a crazy stat: in 1st downs, he completed 92/131 passes, 70% completion percentage.
How are his feet? Good, quick feet. Stands tall in the pocket.
Does he have moxie to lead and question coaches? Yes. One of the things they mentioned he improved on this season is his decision making and confidence. He has all the confidence in his arm to make the accurate throws.
Does he have will to come back even after mistakes? After a tough junior season, his senior performance is proof that he can come back and be successful.
Does he play in a Pro set? Yes.

What do you guys think?

[ Edited by SF69ers on Dec 6, 2010 at 8:47 AM ]
Two (bad?) things:

– his name is ricky
– this highlight reel uses two of the worse songs ever

Originally posted by SF69ers:

Does he fit in a WCO system and how so? Yes he does IMO. Nice, quick footwork. Makes the quick reads and zips the ball accurately to his receivers.

Does he have mobility? He's no Luck/Locker/Newton, but he can move around the pocket.
Is he accurate short to mid range field? Yes. Completed almost 65% of his passes at almost 9 yards per attempt. Here's a crazy stat: in 1st downs, he completed 92/131 passes, 70% completion percentage.
How are his feet? Good, quick feet. Stands tall in the pocket.
Does he have moxie to lead and question coaches? Yes. One of the things they mentioned he improved on this season is his decision making and confidence. He has all the confidence in his arm to make the accurate throws.
Does he have will to come back even after mistakes? After a tough junior season, his senior performance is proof that he can come back and be successful.
Does he play in a Pro set? Yes.

What do you guys think?

And after seeing the below clips of his footwork, I must agree. Seriously, love his feet. Like the way he continually looks down field, can move out of the pocket to buy time fluidly and his command and fire already speak for themselves. I love this kid's moxie already. Looks like he has pretty good accuracy from what I see.

Originally posted by 76Razor:
Two (bad?) things:

– his name is ricky
– this highlight reel uses two of the worse songs ever

Yea the songs suck while the highlights enlighten and intrigue.

He in the third looks good. If he does well in drills and in the SB, he could rise to the second. That's why his stock falling doesn't add up.

We will see.
[ Edited by ninertico on Dec 6, 2010 at 8:00 PM ]
not bad at all. Good touch on the ball.... I liked him. but really didn't throw anything with any kind of zip.
Share 49ersWebzone