LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 391 users in the forums

The Ricky Stanzi Bandwagon

Originally posted by PTulini:

That is hilarious.

However, he had some zip and air on that 40 yard strike for the TD.

You can see it through his play how much he trusts his skills and his receivers. I want this guy if we miss out on any of the top QBs.
As good as his numbers were this season, he lost his 4th quarter magic this season.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
As good as his numbers were this season, he lost his 4th quarter magic this season.

Really, I thought he came back a few games this season too?

Originally posted by ninertico:

Nope. Failed on every chance he had to lead the team back against Arizona, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Ohio State on the teams final possession. It was painful to watch, a combination of poor play by Stanzi and terrible clock management by the coaches in the 2minute drill.
i can stanz all these ricky love fest

Nope. Failed on every chance he had to lead the team back against Arizona, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Ohio State on the teams final possession. It was painful to watch, a combination of poor play by Stanzi and terrible clock management by the coaches in the 2minute drill.

Well that sucks!!!!

I am under a different impression now and it makes sense why he draft stock is falling. Seriously, I have seen him no higher than a 3rd, but mainly a fourth or fifth.

Well that sucks!!!!

I am under a different impression now and it makes sense why he draft stock is falling. Seriously, I have seen him no higher than a 3rd, but mainly a fourth or fifth.

Really? I have seen him mainly as a high 3rd or lower 2nd.

I've watched most of his games, and it's not all his fault that he wasn't successful on some plays during the last few minutes of the 4th quarter. I blame a lot of it on the offensive line that couldn't handle an all out blitz against Ohio St.

In 7 games this season where Iowa was losing by a TD or less, Stanzi has completed 60% of his passes for 770 yards and 7 TDs.

IMO, the game against Minnesota was his worst team of the year. The whole team looked like they gave up.

Originally posted by SF69ers:

Well that sucks!!!!

I've watched most of his games, and it's not all his fault that he wasn't successful on some plays during the last few minutes of the 4th quarter. I blame a lot of it on the offensive line that couldn't handle an all out blitz against Ohio St.

In 7 games this season where Iowa was losing by a TD or less, Stanzi has completed 60% of his passes for 770 yards and 7 TDs.

IMO, the game against Minnesota was his worst team of the year. The whole team looked like they gave up.

Currently, NFLDraftScout.com has him as the #110 player projected in rounds 4-5 with a declining grade w/o the declaring Juniors or red-shirt Sophs.

Well that sucks!!!!

Currently, NFLDraftScout.com has him as the #110 player projected in rounds 4-5 with a declining grade w/o the declaring Juniors or red-shirt Sophs.

Doesn't that draft stock rating say it was from September 1? Not too sure if it was updated.

Walterfootball has him being selected in the 3rd round and being an overall projected 3-4 round QB.

Well that sucks!!!!

Doesn't that draft stock rating say it was from September 1? Not too sure if it was updated.

Walterfootball has him being selected in the 3rd round and being an overall projected 3-4 round QB.

Leave it to me to not check the date. I wouldn't put too much stock in Walter's. I actually talk to Walter and last year he pissed me off because he wouldn't accept that Iupati could go in the teens before the season ended. Well, we all know how that turned out, huh?

He can increase his draft stock with a great showing against Gabbert and MIZZ. Then, he needs to step it up at the Senior Bowl and Combine. By then, he could be a solid late second, early third.

Well that sucks!!!!

Leave it to me to not check the date. I wouldn't put too much stock in Walter's. I actually talk to Walter and last year he pissed me off because he wouldn't accept that Iupati could go in the teens before the season ended. Well, we all know how that turned out, huh?

He can increase his draft stock with a great showing against Gabbert and MIZZ. Then, he needs to step it up at the Senior Bowl and Combine. By then, he could be a solid late second, early third.

I actually stopped reading Walter's scouting report because it seems like everything is a damn joke to him nowadays. But I do use his site to look at his projections and mocks to see who we should be paying attention to.
Lots of rumors flying around the Iowa program lately after the arrest of Iowas senior receiver Derrel Johnson-Koulianos on drug charges last week...players are getting kicked off the team after drug tests last week and I am hearing bad things about Stanzi
Share 49ersWebzone