There are 189 users in the forums

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

• Henny
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Even if we're at the 3rd/4th overall pick by January, I'd do whatever it takes to swap with (possibly) Buffalo to move up to #1. Bills want Luck, but if they could get something sweet, I'm FOR SURE they'd settle for Jake Locker at #3/#4.

-But this is IF Luck declares...

I could see a potential San Diego and New York Giants deal that involved Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers with the 1st and 4th picks.
Absolutely not. He is not worth that. This board severely overrates Andrew Luck. He's a tremendous prospect, but I would not trade away a pick. We need all the picks we can get, and there are far too many unbelievable players out there right now that could really help us.

No, no I would absolutely not trade it.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Absolutely not. He is not worth that. This board severely overrates Andrew Luck. He's a tremendous prospect, but I would not trade away a pick. We need all the picks we can get, and there are far too many unbelievable players out there right now that could really help us.

I won't pretend to be half of the prospect hound you are, but who do you suggest we get to solve our QB problem? I know you prefer a more mobile QB but Luck is no slouch and passing wise he appears to be far and ahead the best prospect. Don't you think we should get the best QB period? I don't care if a QB can avoid the rush if he can't make a pass after he does.
Originally posted by highway49:
If Luck declares...yes it's a risk, but trade the "farm" to get 'em
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by highway49:
If Luck declares...yes it's a risk, but trade the "farm" to get 'em

I greatly respect your opinion OTC, but I want Luck! Like another poster stated though, we will win a few moral victory games and that will F up our chances at a top 3 pick
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
If by some chance locker wasn't available, yes. But we're getting Locker and Luck will head to buffalo.

His release is slow and he is very stiff. But he throws an accurate ball if given LOTS of time. He's vastly overrated on this board IMO. Because he is a Bay Area player they are familiar with and like. Still he is a good prospect. Just not the sure thing Peyton Manning he is made out to be here on the 49ersWZ.
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:

I won't pretend to be half of the prospect hound you are, but who do you suggest we get to solve our QB problem? I know you prefer a more mobile QB but Luck is no slouch and passing wise he appears to be far and ahead the best prospect. Don't you think we should get the best QB period? I don't care if a QB can avoid the rush if he can't make a pass after he does.
u just don't get it, do u? we are talking about a draft prospect and not about a proven veteran like seymour...how stupid is that idea about trading our future 1st-rounder away for the 1st ovr? and the next problem is that the future 1st-rounder won't be enough...either u have to add a player or another draft-pick and we need all the picks from the 1st until the 4th-round of the next and the 2012 draft because we will have a lot of needs.
recent and upcoming needs:
-QB (don't need an explanation here)
-CB (both of our CBs suck...and we don't have anything behind them)
-FS (goldson has to be replaced NOW)
-ILB (spikes' successor, except if bowman or mckillop pans out)
-pass-rushing OLB (neither lawson nor parys can do it)
-DE (as long as Soap doesn't learn to pass rush and RayMac doesn't learn how to stop the run)
-NT (as long as RJF can't step in)
-RG (rachal is not the answer and we don't know yet if snyder can upgrade him)
-legitimate WR2/3rd-down back (for me, speed is the most important criterion here)
we talk about 9 picks!!!
bla
[ Edited by communist on Oct 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

His release is slow and he is very stiff. But he throws an accurate ball if given LOTS of time. He's vastly overrated on this board IMO. Because he is a Bay Area player they are familiar with and like. Still he is a good prospect. Just not the sure thing Peyton Manning he is made out to be here on the 49ersWZ.

Yeah, like remember when this board over rated another Bay Area QB? You know, that scrub, whats his name, Andy Romers?

Luck is the best QB prospect I've seen since I've watched CFB intensely starting in 2003. Arguably Bradford and Palmer were better, but neither came out as a Sophmore.

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Yeah, like remember when this board over rated another Bay Area QB? You know, that scrub, whats his name, Andy Romers?

Luck is the best QB prospect I've seen since I've watched CFB intensely starting in 2003. Arguably Bradford and Palmer were better, but neither came out as a Sophmore.
plz don't compare apples and oranges...we talk about humans and not machines. even if rodgers is similar to luck in some ways, one shouldn't compare them too much...plz don't forget that rodgers had got a lot of time to prepare himself for the starter job, behind one of the best quarterbacks of the last 10-15 years. u don't know how he would have performed/improved if he had to start immediately.
like OTC has already told, it's not only about who is the best but what is the best for your system. and if you know that your o-line can't pass protect effectively then you have to draft a mobile QB.
WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FILM TO PROVE ALL THIS LUCK HYPE?!?!?!!??

I DON'T GET IT! I saw a few youtube highlights of him and i didn't see anything very special.
hell no folks talking like he's the best qb prospect ever
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

But other scouts have him rated as the number one prospect so if he is overrated it's not just on this board.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

plz don't compare apples and oranges...we talk about humans and not machines. even if rodgers is similar to luck in some ways, one shouldn't compare them too much...plz don't forget that rodgers had got a lot of time to prepare himself for the starter job, behind one of the best quarterbacks of the last 10-15 years. u don't know how he would have performed/improved if he had to start immediately.
like OTC has already told, it's not only about who is the best but what is the best for your system. and if you know that your o-line can't pass protect effectively then you have to draft a mobile QB.

Why not, Rodgers and Luck do have similarities, only Rodgers has a stronger arm.

And can we get off the "he sat behind a great QB stuff". Jim Druckenmiller sat behind Steve Young, didn't see him turn into a Pro Bowl QB.
Share 49ersWebzone