There are 275 users in the forums

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

Would you Trade away our #1 in 2012 to Move up for Luck?

I think we'll be picking in the Top 10, but not #1 -- so we'll need to trade up for Luck.

I think Luck is the best QB prospect in a LONG TIME, so I would do it.
I would trade the house for luck. How much would it take tho considering we'd most likely be picking top5-10.
who said Luck is declaring this year?
Originally posted by ozanter:
I would trade the house for luck. How much would it take tho considering we'd most likely be picking top5-10.

Depends on where you look. The traditional draft chart dictates the #1 is worth 3000 points and the #5 is worth 1700 -- but its not skewed that much anymore. The Draft value calculator dictates a 2nd rounder for that move...

http://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm
Originally posted by jreff22:

He will when we hire Harbaugh as HC!!!
If Luck declares...yes it's a risk, but trade the "farm" to get 'em
Originally posted by nickbradley:

That's a very large maybe....too many people are calling for Luck without even knowing if he will come out.

Here's a cold dose of reality, Luck doesn't come out and Locker goes #1 to Buffalo....then what?
Originally posted by nickbradley:

That's a very large maybe....too many people are calling for Luck without even knowing if he will come out.

Here's a cold dose of reality, Luck doesn't come out and Locker goes #1 to Buffalo....then what?
the thread doesnt ask IF luck will come out...

and no, i wouldnt trade away a future 1st-round pick for no one.
hell no qb isnt even the biggest roblem of the team if we fix the secondary i would consider it but till then no i wouldnt consider it
  • Henny
  • Veteran
When you have a chance to draft a franchise QB, you do it no questions asked. Is Luck a franchise QB? Not only yes, but f yes! If we're drafting in the top 10, I would give up that pick, the 2nd round pick, and next year's #1 pick for Luck.

People over value draft picks and I don't get it.

• jcs
  • Veteran
There is a good chance we draft #1 so no trades.
Originally posted by Henny:
When you have a chance to draft a franchise QB, you do it no questions asked. Is Luck a franchise QB? Not only yes, but f yes! If we're drafting in the top 10, I would give up that pick, the 2nd round pick, and next year's #1 pick for Luck.

People over value draft picks and I don't get it.

2 firsts and a second? Don't think so. Have we no other needs?
First I think we need to see some clarity in the labor negotiations especially regarding a rookie salary cap of some kind. I think this will influence whether he will come out or not.

With our team's talent level I would say yes, go ahead and spend and extra first to get him.
  • titan
  • Veteran
No, we have too many needs to do that! No matter how good a player is in college there is no guarantee they will have the same success in the pros. I can't have our team set back another 6 years incase he is a Bust!
  • Henny
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
No, we have too many needs to do that! No matter how good a player is in college there is no guarantee they will have the same success in the pros. I can't have our team set back another 6 years incase he is a Bust!

Luck is the least likely bust out of Locker and Mallett. This team hasn't had a good QB since Garcia in 2002. This team needs a QB and a new HC over anything else right now.
Share 49ersWebzone