LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 152 users in the forums

Locker v. Luck, The Great QB Debate

Locker v. Luck, The Great QB Debate

Luck does alot to make the oline look good as well. He has a very quick release.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Luck does alot to make the oline look good as well. He has a very quick release.

so do i, but if you ask my girl she'd never say i should be drafted by the niners.

i disagree with this its not that e makes the oline look good his o line is good

im not saying he doesnt have a quick release but he rarely has to face pressure and ive seen him with a prefect pocket after 4 seconds with the ball
Why isn't there a neither option?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jake Locker

2009: 2800 yrds, 58.2%, 21 Tds, 11 INTS, 28 Sacks, 129.75 Rating

2010: 1145 yrds, 55.4%, 8 Tds, 3 INTs, 6 Sacks 124.75 Rating

Projected: 2748 yrds, 55.4%, 19 Tds, 7 INTs, 14 Sacks 124.75 Rating

Looks like he is getting worse as a QB in the "pro" offense
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

i disagree with this its not that e makes the oline look good his o line is good

im not saying he doesnt have a quick release but he rarely has to face pressure and ive seen him with a prefect pocket after 4 seconds with the ball

i would also like to point out that stanford has much more weapons as well as the o line and a much better coach

locker weapons are blow avg at best and his o line i s also below avg
Bring on Luck!

i would also like to point out that stanford has much more weapons as well as the o line and a much better coach

This.
I haven't watched a game of lockers, when they play cal will probably be the first time
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

This.

I don't know if it's ever a good thing when you have to make excuses for a QB

Alexcuses anyone?

Originally posted by Jcool:
Jake Locker

2009: 2800 yrds, 58.2%, 21 Tds, 11 INTS, 28 Sacks, 129.75 Rating

2010: 1145 yrds, 55.4%, 8 Tds, 3 INTs, 6 Sacks 124.75 Rating

Projected: 2748 yrds, 55.4%, 19 Tds, 7 INTs, 14 Sacks 124.75 Rating

Looks like he is getting worse as a QB in the "pro" offense
where do u see that?????? the rating is still outstanding...so i dont see any struggle at all. i see that the guy can learn a system in a fast way...if he wouldnt, the stats would be much worse.
I'll take Luck over Locker if we had the opportunity to choose between them. Luck has great footwork and makes very quick reads. He has a decent and is very accurate. Not saying Locker doesn't have any of those qualities, but he's probably going to take a couple years to adjust in the pros.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd just hate to make the same mistake in choosing athleticism over Football IQ and mechanics.

When all is said and done, I just hope we either traded up for Luck or stood pat and drafted Ricky Stanzi.
locker doesnt have mechanics and football iq??? how did he make his plays? with "luck"?
i hope that locker will get an invitation to the senior bowl where he should get some pass protection and talent at wr to throw at something...then we will see, at least for some minutes, how good locker really is.

Where did I say he didn't??? IMO, it just seems Locker relies more on his athleticism more than trying to sit there and read a defense or go through his reads. People can sit there all they want and tell me hes a good pocket passer, but I'm not the only one that sees when dropping back and his first or second read isn't there hes off and running.

Where did I say he didn't??? IMO, it just seems Locker relies more on his athleticism more than trying to sit there and read a defense or go through his reads. People can sit there all they want and tell me hes a good pocket passer, but I'm not the only one that sees when dropping back and his first or second read isn't there hes off and running.
if u see coming pressure right in the front of your face, u would start running, too.

lets see what luck did in his first year in the harbaugh-system which seems to be westcoast offense:
162 288 2575 56.3 8.94 63 13 4 6 143.47
not much better than luck so far...so i could say here that luck has also struggled at the beggining of his pro-style career in college.

[ Edited by communist on Oct 11, 2010 at 09:57:10 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by communist:

if u see coming pressure right in the front of your face, u would start running, too.

But that's the problem he doesn't always run when there is pressure, he runs when there isn't pressure and the play hasn't even developed yet. Tim Tebow'ish.

But I can't speak for everyone but my order of priority at the QB position would be:

1. Andrew Luck
2. Ryan Mallet
3. Ricky Stanzi
4. Jake Locker
5. Christian Ponder
6. Pat Devlin
Share 49ersWebzone