There are 219 users in the forums

Iupati over Bulaga??? WTF

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Stop whining already.. We fixed our OL for the next decade.

What if Davis busts at OT and we have to guards???

See my point?

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with our picks. But it could have been better.

NickBradley, have you seen Iupati on tape? He just throws people aside like rag dolls. He's incredible, you'll like him man for the next 12 years.

...AT IDAHO. Look at their '09 schedule:

at New Mexico State
at Washington
San Diego State
at Northern Illinois
Colorado State
at San Jose State
Hawaii
at Nevada
Louisiana Tech
Fresno State
at No. 6 Boise State
Utah State
vs. Bowling Green

So, Iupati TOSSED AROUND SCRUBS.

He's good, man. Quit hating.

Just saying that a Big 10 tackle that many projects as a guard is a better pick than a guard from Idaho.

OG project for OT > than OT project for OG

Simple as that.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
Why would anyone rather project a high floor/low ceiling OT to OG over the consensus BEST OG in the draft? Why man? Stop it now! I'd understand maybe if we'd picked Pouncey instead. But we're talking about Iupati-----an absolute stud!

Happy with the picks...would have been happier with Bulaga -- maximizes the likelihood of a stud RT.

I'll admit I really REALLY wanted Bulaga. But I understand why Davis was the pick. Much higher ceiling player. I am still confused why we traded up for him though. Seems like a waste of a 4th round pick.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Iupati is the next Larry Allen. Enough said...
Iupati is so overrated on this board he got his ass kicked at the senior bowl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I9VDf1bFI
Why would anyone rather project a high floor/low ceiling OT to OG over the consensus BEST OG in the draft? Why man? Stop it now! I'd understand maybe if we'd picked Pouncey instead. But we're talking about Iupati-----an absolute stud!

Happy with the picks...would have been happier with Bulaga -- maximizes the likelihood of a stud RT.

I'll admit I really REALLY wanted Bulaga. But I understand why Davis was the pick. Much higher ceiling player. I am still confused why we traded up for him though. Seems like a waste of a 4th round pick.

A TOTAL waste of a 4th round pick!!!!!! Everyone in the bar I was in were confused as heck
is this guy serious?
Originally posted by montana2rice:

A TOTAL waste of a 4th round pick!!!!!! Everyone in the bar I was in were confused as heck

Unless another team was targeting him. If the draft proves anything year after year is that we as fans have nooooooooo idea whats going on behind the scenes and what GMs are thinking.
by the way.....no on e projects Buluaga as a gaurd....he will be a tackle....only Gruden said he could play guard. Relax, we are set a guard with the best guard in the draft.

Did you see how quickly Miami traded OUT of their spot after we jumped over them?

They did it cause they are not solid across their Line and Davis is a stud. If they were after someone else or they thought they could get a better offer(they could have since they went WAY down) they would have sat on it til at least the 3 minute mark was left on the clock. But soon as we jumped over them they pulled the trigger. They wanted Davis. Mark my words on that. They wanted him and instead we got him. I'd waste a 3rd rounder for that kind of reaction any day of the year. That was EPIC.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
is this guy serious?

• lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Stop whining already.. We fixed our OL for the next decade.

What if Davis busts at OT and we have 2 guards???

See my point?

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with our picks. But it could have been better.

Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by montana2rice:

Unless another team was targeting him. If the draft proves anything year after year is that we as fans have nooooooooo idea whats going on behind the scenes and what GMs are thinking.

the way I see it Denver called us to tell us that a team wanted to trade up with us. Since the Broncos did not need a OT, they just pulled a jedi mind trick on Baalke, and he bit.

He would have lasted to 13
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Word has it Miami was going to take him at 12.
My only worry with Iupati is that it may take him a while to learn the nuances of the position, and the playbook. English is a second language to him, and he's only been playing football for a few years. That being said, hes a monster. Stronger and faster than Bulaga. Much longer reach. Plus he's Samoan, so thats a whole different kind of strength.

WTF are you thinking taking Bulaga after weve taken Davis? Your plan is to move him to guard? If he were a better fit we would have drafted him, and converted him to guard. Obviously the 9ers camp thought Iupati was such a talent that we chose not to trade down for extra picks. Get on board with Iupati or go find a Green Bay fan site.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Did you see how quickly Miami traded OUT of their spot after we jumped over them?

They did it cause they are not solid across their Line and Davis is a stud. If they were after someone else or they thought they could get a better offer(they could have since they went WAY down) they would have sat on it til at least the 3 minute mark was left on the clock. But soon as we jumped over them they pulled the trigger. They wanted Davis. Mark my words on that. They wanted him and instead we got him. I'd waste a 3rd rounder for that kind of reaction any day of the year. That was EPIC.

~Ceadder

That was my assumption. It was REALLY quick. And knowing now how for Bulaga fell, it's obvious that Davis was the better pick.
Share 49ersWebzone