LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Iupati over Bulaga??? WTF

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Why would anyone rather project a high floor/low ceiling OT to OG over the consensus BEST OG in the draft? Why man? Stop it now! I'd understand maybe if we'd picked Pouncey instead. But we're talking about Iupati-----an absolute stud!

Happy with the picks...would have been happier with Bulaga -- maximizes the likelihood of a stud RT.

I'll admit I really REALLY wanted Bulaga. But I understand why Davis was the pick. Much higher ceiling player. I am still confused why we traded up for him though. Seems like a waste of a 4th round pick.

Did you see how quickly Miami traded OUT of their spot after we jumped over them?

They did it cause they are not solid across their Line and Davis is a stud. If they were after someone else or they thought they could get a better offer(they could have since they went WAY down) they would have sat on it til at least the 3 minute mark was left on the clock. But soon as we jumped over them they pulled the trigger. They wanted Davis. Mark my words on that. They wanted him and instead we got him. I'd waste a 3rd rounder for that kind of reaction any day of the year. That was EPIC.

~Ceadder

Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by montana2rice:
Why would anyone rather project a high floor/low ceiling OT to OG over the consensus BEST OG in the draft? Why man? Stop it now! I'd understand maybe if we'd picked Pouncey instead. But we're talking about Iupati-----an absolute stud!

Happy with the picks...would have been happier with Bulaga -- maximizes the likelihood of a stud RT.

I'll admit I really REALLY wanted Bulaga. But I understand why Davis was the pick. Much higher ceiling player. I am still confused why we traded up for him though. Seems like a waste of a 4th round pick.

A TOTAL waste of a 4th round pick!!!!!! Everyone in the bar I was in were confused as heck

Unless another team was targeting him. If the draft proves anything year after year is that we as fans have nooooooooo idea whats going on behind the scenes and what GMs are thinking.

the way I see it Denver called us to tell us that a team wanted to trade up with us. Since the Broncos did not need a OT, they just pulled a jedi mind trick on Baalke, and he bit.

He would have lasted to 13

Well if they did Jedi Minf F*ck us then Miami sure got hit by that blast as well.

Astounding how something so simple could escape your Jedi senses. Were you sniffing Padme's used undies again?

You know what Obi Wan told you about that. No wonder we get hosed every draft. You aren't keeping your senses clear of distractions and Darth Maul just served us a lump of crap and JMF'd us into thinking it was Sushi.

Get with it man.

*Edit* I like how it's ASSUMED that Denver doesn't need Line help. Funny thing is that they make a trade, seemingly get the better end of it and still go nowhere cause the guy they traded for had NO protection against the better Defenses in the league. Personally I think that they weren't willing to play with the big boys and chose to move back hoping to get a cheaper option in the later rounds. We offered them our 1st and a 4th and they felt compelled to take it since they have alot of needs. But Tebow?!!! *ediT*

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Apr 22, 2010 at 9:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Iupati is so underrated on this board he kicked ass at the senior bowl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I9VDf1bFI

When the scouts eyes leave, your eyes enter.

Iupati dominated at the Senior Bowl practices against All-Stars. That's all the scouts care to watch.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Nolan would have drafted Bulaga to have him switch positions. That should tell u something.

lol
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Stop whining already.. We fixed our OL for the next decade.

What if Davis busts at OT and we have 2 guards???

See my point?

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with our picks. But it could have been better.

I see your point but disagree with the logic. They drafted one player with elite OT skills and one with elite OG skills. The Davis pick worries me on the maturity front, but if he blossoms as a man under Singletary he could be the best OT taken in this draft. I think taking Bulaga over a better OG prospect to provide bust insurance would have been a mistake.
Bill Walsh always said if you wanted a particular player you do what you need to do to get him.
wtf is this s**t
Originally posted by RonMexico:
wtf is this s**t

Mexicooooooooooooo! Fashionably late to the party as always.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by RonMexico:
wtf is this s**t

Mexicooooooooooooo! Fashionably late to the party as always.

~Ceadder

Originally posted by mayo63:

Word has it Miami was going to take him at 12.

Miami is set with Jake Long and Vernon Carey.....WHY in the world would they tie up high 1st round money in another OT...

Robert Gallery....LOL. Obviously the short arms hurt him. Who cares...we still got talent on an OL that needs it.

Miami is set with Jake Long and Vernon Carey.....WHY in the world would they tie up high 1st round money in another OT...

Are they really set at RT with Carey?
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by montana2rice:

A TOTAL waste of a 4th round pick!!!!!! Everyone in the bar I was in were confused as heck

Unless another team was targeting him. If the draft proves anything year after year is that we as fans have nooooooooo idea whats going on behind the scenes and what GMs are thinking.

the way I see it Denver called us to tell us that a team wanted to trade up with us. Since the Broncos did not need a OT, they just pulled a jedi mind trick on Baalke, and he bit.

He would have lasted to 13

Well if they did Jedi Minf F*ck us then Miami sure got hit by that blast as well.

Astounding how something so simple could escape your Jedi senses. Were you sniffing Padme's used undies again?

You know what Obi Wan told you about that. No wonder we get hosed every draft. You aren't keeping your senses clear of distractions and Darth Maul just served us a lump of crap and JMF'd us into thinking it was Sushi.

Get with it man.

*Edit* I like how it's ASSUMED that Denver doesn't need Line help. Funny thing is that they make a trade, seemingly get the better end of it and still go nowhere cause the guy they traded for had NO protection against the better Defenses in the league. Personally I think that they weren't willing to play with the big boys and chose to move back hoping to get a cheaper option in the later rounds. We offered them our 1st and a 4th and they felt compelled to take it since they have alot of needs. But Tebow?!!! *ediT*

~Ceadder

You obviously need to study up on your Star Wars.

While your at go check and see if Denver has one of the best OT in the game. While your at it, go see what bookends Miami has.

Cheers.
[ Edited by ninerlifer on Apr 22, 2010 at 9:19 PM ]

They wouldnt, but they would trade out of the pick to a team targeting an OT. That team would have known that at 13 tha Niners want an OT, so it would be logical to get the spot in front of them.

Did you see how quickly Miami traded OUT of their spot after we jumped over them?

They did it cause they are not solid across their Line and Davis is a stud. If they were after someone else or they thought they could get a better offer(they could have since they went WAY down) they would have sat on it til at least the 3 minute mark was left on the clock. But soon as we jumped over them they pulled the trigger. They wanted Davis. Mark my words on that. They wanted him and instead we got him. I'd waste a 3rd rounder for that kind of reaction any day of the year. That was EPIC.

~Ceadder

I think that the 49ers got wind of somebody trying to trade w/ the Fins so they jumped...
Share 49ersWebzone