There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Iupati over Bulaga??? WTF

You want to take a RT in order to convert him to a G over the best actual G in the draft who is an absolute beast with a mean streak; perhaps the next Larry Allen?

Um. Yeah.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
NickBradley, cool it with the multiple threads, man.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Stop whining already.. We fixed our OL for the next decade.

What if Davis busts at OT and we have 2 guards???

See my point?

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with our picks. But it could have been better.
[ Edited by nickbradley on Apr 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Iupati is the next Larry Allen. Enough said...

Lets hope so!
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
You want to take a RT in order to convert him to a G over the best actual G in the draft who is an absolute beast with a mean streak; perhaps the next Larry Allen?

Um. Yeah.

Um, I want a starting RT.

And both Davis and Iupati played guard in college. Davis was a freshman all-American at guard! And Bulaga played at OG as well.

If you took two OTs, you're certain to get at least one starting OT...the other will play guard.
Well I've answer this to other threads. This is coming from Sings presser after the draft. He likes the physicality of iupati and Davis maybe he didn't view Bulaga as a physical enough linemen and don't fit his style. Here is the link read the bottom paragraph of Tim K's blog.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

What if Davis busts at OT and we have to guards???

See my point?

what if both Davis and Bulaga busted as OTs and we had two guards!
Mort Tweeted this after Iupati pick.

was told by a team more physically gifted and powerful than Steve Hutchinson. A bigger Faneca Loves Football.

Davis does have high bust potential. But it seems the consensus in the league is that Bulaga is about as good now as he'll ever be.

I do know this: Davis is NOT Andre Smith.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

See my point?

NickBradley, have you seen Iupati on tape? He just throws people aside like rag dolls. He's incredible, you'll like him man for the next 12 years.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Well I've answer this to other threads. This is coming from Sings presser after the draft. He likes the physicality of iupati and Davis maybe he didn't view Bulaga as a physical enough linemen and don't fit his style. Here is the link read the bottom paragraph of Tim K's blog.

Like I said, I think they took Iupati because he's a better run-blocker than Bulaga...that doesn't mean he'd make a better guard. Almost any RT can convert to guard and be effective.

See my point?

what if bulaga busts and we end up with no guard and people can still rush us up the middle?

or you move bulaga to G. and davis busts, do you then switch bulaga back outside and have him learn a new technique? no you leave him at G and get another OT.
Originally posted by nothing03:

Like I said, I think they took Iupati because he's a better run-blocker than Bulaga...that doesn't mean he'd make a better guard. Almost any RT can convert to guard and be effective.

LOL
Love me some Iupati
Originally posted by mayo63:

See my point?

NickBradley, have you seen Iupati on tape? He just throws people aside like rag dolls. He's incredible, you'll like him man for the next 12 years.

...AT IDAHO. Look at their '09 schedule:

at New Mexico State
at Washington
San Diego State
at Northern Illinois
Colorado State
at San Jose State
Hawaii
at Nevada
Louisiana Tech
Fresno State
at No. 6 Boise State