LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

With the 49th pick in the 2010 NFL draft...

• Ang
  • Hall of Fame
The San Francisco 49ers select S, Taylor Mays, USC

Please use this thread to debate this pick. You will also find an "Official" thread in "Niner Talk" that can be used to discuss this player and what he'll bring to the team. Additional threads may be locked or merged (and members warned) at the discretion of the moderating staff.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Bump

Fire Baalke

I don't think Mays was wanted by Singletary at all. Right after this pick they all left the room to have a chat.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SF_49ers

Mays: "I felt like I connected with Coach Singletary on my visit...I wasn't surprised when I got the call from the 408 number"

SF_49ers

Mays said he's happy about coming to SF because it's a great situation for him.

SF_49ers

Mays: "I look forward to playing for Coach Singletary 16 times a year more than I look forward to playing against Carroll 2 times a year."

SF_49ers

Mays added that Ronnie Lott was someone he tried to emulate and looks forward to speaking with him at some point today.

http://twitter.com/SF_49ers
I'm excited, what a draft so far! He will be starting in Lewis' spot by the end of the season. You could tell by the conversations in the War Room that the coaching staff was lobbying hard for this kid, let's hope they can get the best out of him.
I really just want to thank the Panthers for taking Clausen... now no one will ever ask say anything about how we should've taken him this or that whatever... I'd have been happier taking Golden Tate, but now Mark Roman can go back to running the cash register at Popeye's Chicken. Mays and Goldston playing together, I think we could be fielding a seriously tough, physical D
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SF_49ers

Mays said the 49ers defense "brings the wood and that's what I do best" half a minute ago via UberTwitter

SF_49ers

Mays said he remembers studying Dashon Goldson when the 49ers safety played at the University of Washington

http://twitter.com/SF_49ers

thehawk38

Welcome aboard Taylor Mays... Me, mike lew, t mays? Force to be wreckin wit

http://twitter.com/thehawk38
[ Edited by Jcool on Apr 23, 2010 at 4:41 PM ]
I love this pick, if Mays would have entered the draft last year he would have been a first round pick.... now lets see if we can land Brandon Spikes in the 3rd.

Lovin the draft so far!
Mays on knbr.com rite now

I love this draft so far
Dam Mays breakin it down in this interview
Love the pick, great start to day 2.
Championship
I didn't want this guy in the 1st round but I was willing to take him in the 2nd.

You don't find a guy with his size/speed after the 1st round- at least you're not supposed to.

At least he isn't afraid of contact which I like- the recievers of the NFC west will be hearing footsteps.
Share 49ersWebzone