There are 141 users in the forums

With the 49th pick in the 2010 NFL draft...

Originally posted by NorCal49er:
I love this pick, if Mays would have entered the draft last year he would have been a first round pick.... now lets see if we can land Brandon Spikes in the 3rd.

Lovin the draft so far!

you read my mind and i was praying for mays in the 2nd
Can someone summarize the interview please
I would like Brandon Spikes in the 3rd as well, but if AOA is there, that is our pick.

Unfortunately, we need CB more than we need ILB.

Too bad we don't have our 4th round pick anymore, we could have used that one to pick Spikes instead we might have to pick him in the 3rd.
  • mod
  • Veteran
He rocked the knbr interview,

he said he was upset and surprised he wasn't picked in the first round or by the seahawks. He felt that USCs defensive struggles wasn't his fault but takes the responsibility since he was the leader. Regardless, he is really excited to play with goldson, Willis, and spikes. He says they play his style of football and appreciates the defenses hard hitting mentality. Whatever singletary wants him to learn he will learn.
For a second round pick, I guess it's OK......

Maybe somebody can teach him to tackle and wrap people up instead of just hitting.

Don't know if anybody can teach him football instincts though.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
He rocked the knbr interview,

he said he was upset and surprised he wasn't picked in the first round or by the seahawks. He felt that USCs defensive struggles wasn't his fault but takes the responsibility since he was the leader. Regardless, he is really excited to play with goldson, Willis, and spikes. He says they play his style of football and appreciates the defenses hard hitting mentality. Whatever singletary wants him to learn he will learn.

• lynwood49ers
  • Info N/A
we have had an excellent draft this year...

Everyone hating on taylor mays watch when he plays and becomes a beast all u guys r going to be on his sack...Let Ronnie Lott give him some pointers and watch him grow as a player.
Really we have some weapons on D. So many ways to make yall hurt. I think with a solid presence behind Willis he can now look foreward...... we will be positivly impcted in so many ways...Mays. it will make everybody more productive. Watchout wimply wideouts with speed cuz you got 230 ,4.3 speed comin at you. screw onyour helmets. We can let them catch it then PAY THE PRICE... Clements, Golddggie,M.Lew, And now Taylor Mayniac dont tackle.... THEY HIT..... and make you pay the price...ohhh recievers will crawl. Saints played physical v AR and Min in the playoffs and found a way to quite literally take players out of the game..WE CAN DO THIS
Originally posted by valrod33:
Championship

I knew I could count on you val

I have loved all our draft picks so far, but I cannot get behind this one. Mays is a fast version of Roy Williams. No coverage skills and he doesn't wrap up well at all. I'm very disappointed.

• fryet
  • Veteran
With his physical skills he is a top 10 pick (and regular Pro Bowler). Let's just hope that he can be coached up to reach the high ceiling that his talent provides.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
You can teach him how to wrap up, but he's got something you can't teach - SPEED!
Originally posted by fryet:
With his physical skills he is a top 10 pick (and regular Pro Bowler). Let's just hope that he can be coached up to reach the high ceiling that his talent provides.

Oh,,,,boo hoo.

It's called speed.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Apr 23, 2010 at 7:35 PM ]
ugh! i guess i can warm up to the pick. he's was the best player at the time and its a good value pick. i'll give him a chance hope he pans out b/c he has a lot of people that will be watchin him closely.
Originally posted by mayo63:
You can teach him how to wrap up, but he's got something you can't teach - SPEED!

can you teach ball hawk skills??
Share 49ersWebzone