LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Steelers may shake up draft

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by English:
I would trade for Big Ben so fast it would make the Rooney's collective heads spin. I don't give a rats ass what he did, as long as he keeps it in his pants from now on and produces on the field, I couldn't care less.

What would you give for him, realistically?

2nd rounder this year and maybe something next year (not to high). If they say no, then I say, "go ahead and keep him."

I would be SHOCKED if they get a top 10 pick for a player who'll miss 6 games this season AND coming with character issues. SHOCKED.

4 games if he is in good behavior from now until the season starts as far as I hear!
I would trade for Big Ben so fast it would make the Rooney's collective heads spin. I don't give a rats ass what he did, as long as he keeps it in his pants from now on and produces on the field, I couldn't care less.

2nd rounder this year and maybe something next year (not to high). If they say no, then I say, "go ahead and keep him."

I would be SHOCKED if they get a top 10 pick for a player who'll miss 6 games this season AND coming with character issues. SHOCKED.

Exactly...nobody in their right mind (which obviously doesn't include Mr. Davis) would give up a top-10 pick, and likely not even a 1st rounder given all the baggage he brings.

True they got 5th rounder for Santonio Holmes I'm pretty sure a 2nd rounder & a 5th next year would be good!

Well, for a second rounder and a little something next year, that's a no brainer. I imagine Steeler fans are hoping for a little bit more!

I'm sure Philly fans wanted more for McNabb too, but when a team loses leverage on a player, they have to accept less than market value in return or they're simply stuck with that player.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 21, 2010 at 12:21 PM ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

I'd give #49

NO!....49 is a sacred number.

Well, for a second rounder and a little something next year, that's a no brainer. I imagine Steeler fans are hoping for a little bit more!

I'm sure Philly fans wanted more for McNabb too, but when a team loses leverage on a player, they have to accept less than market value in return or they're simply stuck with that player.

Not much time left! This is turning into a rivetting draft.
no one is going to give up a 1st or 2nd rounder for big ben. Even a 3rd might be too much. He should be in jail.
I'd give up Alex and our #2 this year for Ben .
JasonLaCanfora twitter

Steelers have been in contact w/ Raiders regarding Big Ben trade. Might be only real option. More on NFLN and NFL.com
I'd give up a 2nd, Manny Lawson (they need depth at OLB) and a contingent 4th-5th next year.
Originally posted by Johnster:
JasonLaCanfora twitter

Steelers have been in contact w/ Raiders regarding Big Ben trade. Might be only real option. More on NFLN and NFL.com

Perfect fit.

I know we're hoping Davis will come along, but I would trade for Ben, Alex and Carr can battle for back-up and maybe Davis makes it past waivers.... Just like with Walsh - he was loyal to winning, not to a player - even Joe Montana.

JasonLaCanfora twitter

Perfect fit.

Ben for the #8? Hmmmm.
Originally posted by pete98146:
JasonLaCanfora twitter

Perfect fit.

Ben for the #8? Hmmmm.

Yes, Al Davis is that stupid...
I know we're hoping Davis will come along, but I would trade for Ben, Alex and Carr can battle for back-up and maybe Davis makes it past waivers.... Just like with Walsh - he was loyal to winning, not to a player - even Joe Montana.

I think I would just dump Carr and keep the others. Unless Nate has been making little progress
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pete98146:
JasonLaCanfora twitter

Perfect fit.

Ben for the #8? Hmmmm.

Yes, Al Davis is that stupid...

Gotta love Al.
Share 49ersWebzone