There are 196 users in the forums

Steelers may shake up draft

The Steelers are gearing up for what may be more than a suspension for their star quarterback Roethlisberger. If you have read what is out on the web...this guy is in real trouble with public opinion. He got by with the first incident in Tahoe. But now..with the details out...Nobody in the steel city is on his side in this. I bet Rooney is fed up. He does not like his org to get embarrassed by player conduct. A 5th for Holmes was "just get out of my face" by him. Pressure is on Rooney now to clean this team up.

Bets are that the Steelers start Leftwich and draft Clausen. They would have to trade up to get that done which whould shake up the draft ahead of the 49ers.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Everyones mocks would go KABOOM!
Originally posted by BrodieWins:
The Steelers are gearing up for what may be more than a suspension for their star quarterback Roethlisberger. If you have read what is out on the web...this guy is in real trouble with public opinion. He got by with the first incident in Tahoe. But now..with the details out...Nobody in the steel city is on his side in this. I bet Rooney is fed up. He does not like his org to get embarrassed by player conduct. A 5th for Holmes was "just get out of my face" by him. Pressure is on Rooney now to clean this team up.

Bets are that the Steelers start Leftwich and draft Clausen. They would have to trade up to get that done which whould shake up the draft ahead of the 49ers.

It would take a s**tload of picks for the Steelers to get something like that done (seeing that the Browns will definitely deal him away ala Sanchez), they have too many needs, and they'd be wholesaling half their current-and-possibly 2011 draft to move up that far (Big Ben is damaged goods, even if he's a SB talent nobody wants to touch him).

I still don't think anything will become of this until next season, they'll ride the negative PR wave and dump Ben after Jan 2011.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 20, 2010 at 6:26 PM ]
Teams who could potentially trade for Roethlisberger:

Buffalo
St. Louis
Carolina
Arizona
Seattle
Minnesota (less likely, but no replacement for Favre currently)
Cleveland (unlikely)
Oakland (unlikely)
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 20, 2010 at 6:29 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Buffalo
St. Louis
Carolina
Arizona
Seattle
Cleveland (unlikely)
Oakland (unlikely)

No 49ers?
do it!
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Buffalo
St. Louis
Carolina
Arizona
Seattle
Cleveland (unlikely)
Oakland (unlikely)

No 49ers?

Guess you could add us -- but I don't see it happening. We'd be in the bottom three among the "unlikely's"
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Buffalo
St. Louis
Carolina
Arizona
Seattle
Cleveland (unlikely)
Oakland (unlikely)

No 49ers?

Guess you could add us -- but I don't see it happening. We'd be in the bottom three among the "unlikely's"

I think we'd be just as likely as Arizona or Seattle
  • rob28
  • Veteran

Buffalo
St. Louis
Carolina
Arizona
Seattle
Cleveland (unlikely)
Oakland (unlikely)

No 49ers?

I think we'd be just as likely as Arizona or Seattle
  • rob28
  • Veteran
please god not arizona. aint the coach a former steelers oc? ah fukk if they get big ben there goes our nfc west championship.

• flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rob28:
please god not arizona. aint the coach a former steelers oc? ah fukk if they get big ben there goes our nfc west championship.

• rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Originally posted by rob28:

i feel better now lol!
here's a pft article

that they've gotten "trade feelers"
  • dj43
Originally posted by teeohh:
here's a pft article

that they've gotten "trade feelers"

They may get feelers but until his legal status is fully defined, no one is going to invest a pick or a player. I don't think his status will settled by Thursday, so it will leave the Steelers in a difficult situation. Of course, there could be some plea bargain to set something up but the league would have to agree to the terms to let him play, and if he pleads to any charge greater than a misdemeanor, I can't see him playing for a while.

The charges sound very serious. Considering it is his second "situation," I don't think he is going to be playing football in September.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Buffalo
St. Louis

Carolina
Arizona
Seattle
Cleveland (unlikely)
Oakland (unlikely)

Your top two choices seem like the best bets.
Share 49ersWebzone