There are 204 users in the forums

Steelers may shake up draft

Originally posted by Johnster:
JasonLaCanfora twitter

Steelers have been in contact w/ Raiders regarding Big Ben trade. Might be only real option. More on NFLN and NFL.com

GOOD, they can then move Jamarcus Russell to right tackle
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
JasonLaCanfora twitter

Steelers have been in contact w/ Raiders regarding Big Ben trade. Might be only real option. More on NFLN and NFL.com

Perfect fit.

Ben for the #8? Hmmmm.

And two quarts of virgin blood for undead Al
Originally posted by highway49:
JasonLaCanfora twitter

Perfect fit.

Ben for the #8? Hmmmm.

I just assumed he was already dead and busy auditioning for the new Weekend at Bernie's movie.
If only Clausen drops to #17, the 9ers draft him and trade him to the Steelers for 18th and a 3rd rounder.
  • dj43
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Adam Schaefter reported that the 49ers have been contacted by the Steelers! WOW!

Yeah but ...... Remember the local reaction (reportedly) regarding Vick? Surely Ben would be equally unmarketable in SF just when they need friends for the stadium project?Or am I wrong?

You would think that would be the case but the penalties for abuse of animals are often greater than spousal/domestic abuse. The reasoning on Ben might go something like this; that girl may have only been 20 but she looked 26, and how can she complain when she walked into a nightclub looking like a hooker, got drunk and starting acting in a very provocative manner. She was just as much to blame as Ben, so blow the whistle, let's play ball.

In a very liberal market such as the Bay Area, people would much more likely forgive Ben for taking advantage of a drunk who put herself in harm's way than Vick for shocking a poor innocent dog and then hanging it by the neck.

Just a thought...
Originally posted by highway49:
JasonLaCanfora twitter

Perfect fit.

Ben for the #8? Hmmmm.

Al can just drink the blood of the girls that Big Ben assaults.

This is actually a good trade if they can get a line together for him to throw behind.
Almost any Rothlisberger trade above 13 would be a good thing. It might push another OT down to us.
  • dj43
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I would trade for Big Ben so fast it would make the Rooney's collective heads spin. I don't give a rats ass what he did, IF he keeps it in his pants from now on and produces on the field, I couldn't care less.

Fixed.

IF, IF; that is the problem. History shows that guys that mistreat women and have issues such as those alleged against Ben, do not overcome that behavior easily.

I would love to see Ben throwing to Crabtree and an occasion fly to Ginn, but what happens the NEXT time he "breaks training?"
  • dj43
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I know we're hoping Davis will come along, but I would trade for Ben, Alex and Carr can battle for back-up and maybe Davis makes it past waivers.... Just like with Walsh - he was loyal to winning, not to a player - not even to Joe. When he thought he could improve the team (with Young) he would do it.

The problem with trading for Ben is that this team needs someone to come in and win now. There is enough talent to win the West and maybe get through to a second round game. I believe Smith can do that but Ben will not even be able to work out with the team until the end of September. He will then have to start learning the system and the players and THEN fit in. That will be a TREMENDOUS DISTRACTION for a team that already has had its share of distractions over QBs in the past five years.

The only way I see this helping the 49ers is if it results in a scenario that allows one of the top 3 OTs drop to them at 13. I see NO WAY Ben winds up on this team.
Contradicting (Maiocco) Tweets.....

Browns, 49ers have not been called, despite what others would say. STL, BUFF and OAK have; OAK only real option at this point.

Contrary to reports, the Steelers have not shopped Roethlisberger all over the top end of the draft. It's been much more calculated

From Jason LaConfora

actually contradicting Schefters tweets. Maiocco jsut retweeted what Schefter said

Well I saw on ESPN that the steelers had been shopping around ben for a top 10 pick. I don't believe the Niners would have enough firepower to trade for Ben unless we trade our 1st and 2nd rd. or Two of our 1st. It seems the Rams are the most reasonable trade for Steelers since they have the 1st pick overall. They can pick Bradford or Clausen the only negative is paying the rook top money.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Contradicting (Maiocco) Tweets.....

Browns, 49ers have not been called, despite what others would say. STL, BUFF and OAK have; OAK only real option at this point.

Contrary to reports, the Steelers have not shopped Roethlisberger all over the top end of the draft. It's been much more calculated

From Jason LaConfora

actually contradicting Schefters tweets. Maiocco jsut retweeted what Schefter said

Correct!

My head is going to explode.
i'm still suprised that the steelers traded santonio holmes. denver broncos 2.0... get rid of your star QB and WR
if clausen drops to 13 offer to trade pick 13 for big ben
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
You guys apparently forgot about this dude.

The Steelers won't draft a QB.

Very true, but that's like saying we wouldn't draft a QB because of Nate Davis.

Um no.

Dixon almost beat the Ravens in a regular season, primetime game. Nate Davis has played some preseason football.

That's a big friggin difference.
Share 49ersWebzone