There are 259 users in the forums

Steelers may shake up draft

Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Adam Schaefter reported that the 49ers have been contacted by the Steelers! WOW!

Big Ben for Alex Smith straight up!
Adam Schaefter reported that the 49ers have been contacted by the Steelers! WOW!

they have contacted other teams, not just just the 49ers and the bills and rams have said no.

Again the Steelers contacted these teams, that doesnt mean these teams have any interest in the Raper at all
They're really looking for a top-10 pick? Good luck.
I would trade for Big Ben so fast it would make the Rooney's collective heads spin. I don't give a rats ass what he did, as long as he keeps it in his pants from now on and produces on the field, I couldn't care less.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I would trade for Big Ben so fast it would make the Rooney's collective heads spin. I don't give a rats ass what he did, as long as he keeps it in his pants from now on and produces on the field, I couldn't care less.

Amen to that bro! Make it happen Baalke!

What would you give for him, realistically?
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

THAT'S THE PROBLEM ISN'T IT....He CAN'T keep it in his pants.

I would trade Alex and the #13 for Big Ben and Steelers #18 in a heart beat. #13 gives the Steelers a great shot at Clausen. We get a quality QB, then take Anthony Davis at #17 and Kyle Wilson or Brandon Graham at #18.

Agreed. I'll take Ben over Alex and Clausen any day. I have no doubt we would be a legit team again with a two time SB winner. Just ask the Lakers and Laker fans about Kobe....Last time I check, they rather be defending champions than be the moral police.
Originally posted by English:

I'd give #49

MAYBE WE COULD GET him for a 5th rounder.

2nd rounder this year and maybe something next year (not to high). If they say no, then I say, "go ahead and keep him."
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

I'd give #49

In a heartbeat.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

2nd rounder this year and maybe something next year (not to high). If they say no, then I say, "go ahead and keep him."

I would be SHOCKED if they get a top 10 pick for a player who'll miss 6 games this season AND coming with character issues. SHOCKED.

Exactly...nobody in their right mind (which obviously doesn't include Mr. Davis) would give up a top-10 pick, and likely not even a 1st rounder given all the baggage he brings.

If they Steelers want more than a 2nd, most teams will just say, "no thanks."
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 21, 2010 at 12:18 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:

I would be SHOCKED if they get a top 10 pick for a player who'll miss 6 games this season AND coming with character issues. SHOCKED.

Well, for a second rounder and a little something next year, that's a no brainer. I imagine Steeler fans are hoping for a little bit more!
Share 49ersWebzone